LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glutathione Injections

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glutathione Injections
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 11 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have experience with Glutathione injections? When I get them, many of my symptoms flare up within minutes. Headache, tingling, lightheadedness, etc.
I usually feel much better after about an hour.
My LLMD theorizes that this means I have LOTS of Lyme toxins that are being flushed out. He believes much of my current symptoms are toxin-related.
Anyone else have this kind of experience???

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick, I tried IV Glut per my LLMD who also thought it would help flush out the n-toxins. It didn't do much but it did bring down my Merc levels so all was not wasted.

My LLMD said he's seen great Glut reactions but it seems hit or miss.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing glut pushes (injections) now and feel really good for days afterward. My doctor is doing it to build me up and prepare me for heavy metal chelation. He is also injecting Lipospril (sp?) to support the liver. Also has me on major oral supplementation.

I hate the needle, but I am growing to love glutathione.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear the Glut is working well for you. Do you get any reaction within minutes of the injection?

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. The first couple made me feel tired for the afternoon, but even that has stopped now.

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear the Glut is working well for you. Do you get any reaction within minutes of the injection?

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

I am toying with the nasal sprays because of the cost. The IV is like $70 for four, then paying to have the nurse inject them....comes out to about $50 each! Yikes.

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

LYMESCIENCE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LYMESCIENCE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding this med, Yeah I had a reaction like within mins. That same kinda thing happened where it made me sick for about an hour.

I don't know the true significance of this, but it obvioulsy means something. I'm not ready to say that my symptoms are primarily toxin related, and therefore antibiotics are no longer needed.

My theory is that some of us have borrelia that produce more toxin than others, and the glutathione temporarily flushes those toxins out, but the organisms that make the toxinx are still present, so the best way to get at this problem is from the source. Kill the bacteria, and you stop the toxin release.

If you drink large amounts of water a day, something akin to about a gallon, you are probally flushing a large portion of those toxins out, and according to one LLMD, it is not a good idea to use IV glutathione on a regular basis as you develop tolerance, and then eventually it no longer works. From what I understand, its better to use every now and then, and that your main stay of toxin flush should be to drink generious amounts of water.

Posts: 559 | From Cary, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

I just bought a home far infared sauna too, to sweat those toxins out. The idea makes sense, so I'm willing to try most anything to feel normal again.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

I have read and then my doctor also said that the only form of glutathione that is really effective is IV.

I haven't heard of nasal spray but orals they say are not good.

Lymescience,

I know you know glutathione is produced naturally by our bodies and for various reasons we can become deficient. So, replacing low levels of glut does not seem like something you would become resistent to.

Heavy metals is one way glut gets suppressed. I have 3 x the highest acceptable limit of lead and am also highly elevated in mercury.

Glut must not be removing toxins for me since I don't usually feel worse afterward but better. Right now, I'm not doing anything to kill anything anyway. My body can't handle the herxing and the doctor is actually doing things to build up my elimination systems. The glut is to help reduce the level of metals in preparation for the real chelation to come. He also has me on chlorella for the same reason.

I was on an herbal intestinal support to kill parasites. During that time I had some strong "cannonball in the stomach" symptoms and colonics helped tremendously.

I do notice after an IV of glut and lipospril that my bowel movements will have white sesame seed looking things in them which I have read here could be parasites. So that is the only dead thing I know I might be eliminating.

No herx or pain associated with that.

Just my experience.

--------------------

LYMESCIENCE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LYMESCIENCE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweating is also a good idea. I can't do it because I have a PICC line, but if I could I would. Its a great way to remove toxins from the body, expecially those that may be stored in fat tissues as is claimed by Dr. Shoemaker.

As far as Glut is concerned, yes the body makes it naturally, and you are correct, the only way it works is through IV.

The reason it may loose its effect has to do with a process known as homeostasis, which is the body's constant process of trying to keep things at an equalibrium.

We find that this kinda thing happens with all kinds of drugs when taken for long enough if they are used directly for processes concerning our human cells.

When you inject IV Glut, the levels are considerably higher than the leveles normally found in the body.

So, in response to this, and to maintain homeostasis, the body works very hard to get these levels down as soon as possible.

The more often you take IV glut, the better your body is at expecting this to happen, and therefore the better it becomes in reducing the levels faster.

IV glut is only usefull when the levels are much higher than we can achieve, if our goal is to use them for serious toxin flushes.

However, your LLMD may have a different opinion. Talk to him about this, and see what he thinks.

Also, for those not experiencing this Glut herx, Glut has many properties, so don't worry. It balances the oxygen levels within the body, and it also enhances the immune system.

For those that wish to read about Glutathione, here is a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione

Posts: 559 | From Cary, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure your glutathione is preservative free and not oxidized. My doc gets hers from Wellness Pharmacy. The one time I tried it from another pharmacy I felt sick-ish and had a headache.

Glutathione is a good support and adjunct, esp. if you have heavy metal poisoning, and/or genetic vulnerabilities in detoxification.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levity101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levity101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We tried the nasal glutathione with my son and I tried it a few times also after he stopped. I was disappointed and found it very difficult to tolerate. It smells just like sulphur (rotten eggs)and is very watery...runs down your throat, etc. Then you taste it for hours. In order to get a decent dose you needed to do this 4 times a day, as I recall.

Wonder if others have had better experiences with this mode of delivery?

Good luck,
Nancy

Posts: 688 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Member # 8787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the injections for about 6 months and felt better after each, but after a while they didn't have as much effect, probably because my glutathione levels had peaked. Did the nasal spray too but didn't have much response to it, and yes, it smelled icky.

Another way to raise glutathione levels is to take undenatured whey protein and N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) every day. These contain the building blocks of glutathione, providing the raw materials so you can make your own. Not quite as powerful as the injections, but easier and cheaper.

Posts: 47 | From California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Rick in the beginning they just made me feel

better. But the last 4 or 5. WHOA! They almost

make me pass out. The second it hits my vein I

feel light headed. And fuzzy. I now pull the

needle and sleep for a few hours. Then when I

wake up I feel great. I try to make sure I am

full of chlorella too.

I do an IV push over about 10 minutes of 1200mg once a week.

I also wanted to add that the Glutathione helps to protect the liver esp when on abx.

I agree that no oral works.

But when you are talking about nasal sprays are you referring to doing it in a neubulizer?

I heard that had some promising results.

But I have had good success with the transdermal for my kids. It is a mild chelator that can be used with amalgams still present. And gives them some liver protection while being on long term abx. They use it daily.

lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 8995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Camper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had 4 push infusions of glutathione. It went straight to my head each time.

I do not like it. I was supposed to take another infusion Thursday and put it off.

It is Sunday, and I most likely will give it a try today.

I have been going through a low cycle (nonfunctioning or only min. functioning).

I was hoping to ask my LLMD about whether to continue it or not but was too sick to make it to see him.

I put in a telephone call last Monday but have not heard to date.

If it is helping, I will continue with it.

Posts: 89 | From AZ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Dr K mentions in one of his detox

articles. That it sometimes makes the very sick

worse. But he doesn't elaborate.

I have to be prepared for the way it makes me

feel that is for sure. Anyone else have info on

that. Please let us know what your llmd's

opinion is.

Thanks, lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wellness Pharmacy also makes an oral glutathione that is well absorbed. It is lipoceutical, prepared in a special way so that it isn't destroyed by digestion. Many people have good results with this.

This post has an article about different ways to increase glutathione, and why different forms are useful.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043247#000000

--------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

I said, I agree that no oral works.

I shouldn't have said that.

The RX from Wellness I have been told does work.

When I made that statement. I was comparing it

to say Twin Labs brand that you could buy at the

Health Food Store. Because I think people waste

their $ on too many things like that. That just

aren't absorbed. But we are talking about

RX's so I shouldn't have compared apples to

oranges. Sorry! Lyme x 9

Wellness is awesome and will always take lots of time to answer your questions.

Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to do the Gluta/ATP shots (ouch) but now am using TD Gluta from AMT pharm in NC. It is the same is used on kids with Autism. You need a script. Much better than a painful shot.

I don't take a precusor for gluta because I am missing a gluta gene. I want the real thing [Big Grin]

Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focusonsurvival
Member # 9124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for focusonsurvival     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also do a glutathione suppository.
Posts: 55 | From Mamaroneck, New york | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the transdermal for awhile. I'm very sensitive to just about everything and tolerated it fine.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sadie420
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadie420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do a weekly cocktail injection that includes glutathione (no problemo). I also drink Renewpro. The nasal spray was indeed the worse. I was actually told to spray it in my mouth. I almost vomited from the taste and smell of it. Makes me shudder just to think of it. [shake]

Sadie

Posts: 115 | From new york | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

I am continuing with glut and lipostabil pushes every two weeks and doing very well. The doctor has decided to continue this course rather than chelate with DMPS (or whichever he was going to use). He has chosen this because I herx so badly on so many attempts to kill yeast or remove metals and I am tolerating the pushes very well. I am also doing very well. My life is back to normal with just some morning stiffness in my joints to remind me I am a sick person.

He doesn't seem to think I am going to become resistant to the glut. I would love to try the oral Rx from Wellness you speak of, but I am afraid to rock my boat since it is sailing along so well.

--------------------

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned that the IV glutathione needs to be administered slowly.

It was going to my head because it was being administered too fast.

I now am on glutathione creme as the IV has been taken out.

It is rare for my fingernails to grow. I found that on the IV glutathione and the creme glutathione I now have hard nails that are growing.

On the IV glutathione, the curl in my hair started coming back.

I haven't noticed it so much on the creme glut.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement