LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone done Max Cholestyramine Dose?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone done Max Cholestyramine Dose?
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD wants me to jack up the CSM possibly to 4 scoops per day or maybe more. Anyone done high Cholestyramine doses while on abx?

Did you need a cork screw to deal with the ancillary and lovely "binding" effect of this swill? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done 2 packets, 2 times daily, but only on a few occasions (it's hard to work that in the meds schedule!). And yes....the side effects were immediate!
Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, we gave up on Cholestyramine after a couple of weeks. That stuff is ugly to go in and ugly to come out.

Further, if you do not do something to avoid the constipating part of that drug, the effect of it is lost. While it sits, you reabsorb all the toxins back into the body --- what have you gained? Neurotoxins on a merry-go-around.

Constipation or slow moving bowels is probably one of the major hold-ups in reaping the benefit of any med or agent that you take. You have heard of a Leaky Gut.

You would probably benefit from a major bowel cleanse, such as Arise & Shine or a simpler one, Dr. Natura's. After that, your body will be able to take up the nutrients and unload the toxins, and your cure is on its way.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, I recall you mentioned that Dr. K. uses Chlorella as a binding agent for neurotoxins.

Is there a maximum dose for Chlorella?

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing 3 scoops or packets a day.

I slowly ramped up and have been doing 3 for over a month now.

Just in the last week I have noticed some real dificulties with my stomach. I mean REAL.

For me the CSM (or something else??) was actually making me go to the bathroom 2-3 times a day. Nice and solid and soft.

Now I feel bloated and gassy and like I have to go to the bathroom 5 times a day but can actually only move my bowels 2-3 times.

I have barely been able to sleep for the last 3 nights as the pain in my tummy is really bad. It feels like it is being SCOURED. I was actually going to post about this and ask if others have had this.

I am unsure why this would happen NOW--a full month into 3 doses a day.

Anyhow---I am on ABX that I take only 2wice a day. And I can RARELY fit any suppliments in. A rough draft of my schedule is
morning breakfast and ABX
mid morning CSM
noon lunch with suppliments
mid day probiotics
late afternoon CSM
evening dinner
late evening ABX
late night CSM

That gives me 3 doses of CSM.

Let me know what you decide...would love some CSM buddies!
Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done CSM three times a day for extended periods. Never had any trouble with gut issues or constipation. I take my doses in the middle of the day, with abx and other meds in the morning and evening.

I do use a compounded version, with no sugar or asparatame, and the only additives are magnesium and a few other things to keep the constipation from getting bad. I also make sure I eat some good quality fat after taking it.

--------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foggy, yes, I took chlorella, which is really Dr. K's favorite mainly because it has so many other nutritional benefits. My husband loves it and so does my granddaughter (as a candy snack!)

As binding or mop-up agents, patients alternate or supplement the Chorella with Chitosan, Pectin, Betasitosterol, and more recently Destroxin. ART testing is helpful in determining which one is the most beneficial at this time. It may change -And some people do not tolerate one or the other.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done 1.5 sachetes two or three times daily for a while. With 4 doses it is really hard to keep it away from abx as day is short.
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
areneli are you feeling any results from your CSM intake?
Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement