LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » feel better off abx...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feel better off abx...
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 8 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really having a tough time tonite with all of this.

I went back on abx 4 days ago and the first nite had urethra iritation. and burning with morning urination...i knew it was the start of yeast, but pushed on anyway.

Now i have very hot sensation before i have to pee...actually that is my signal to pee. the flow has been all messed up since abx too.

No doubt i need more yeast meds ...i have one pill left.

The last round of antifungal ...got rid of the burning pain in my urethra, and pelvic pain...my urine flow improved and i just felt better.

Off abx i have weight loss..and some bladder stuff, but not like this.

i cant figure all of this out its just too much for my tiny bony shoulders.

Im on the anti yeast diet.

Oh and also while on abx my nose itches and scalp.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi can't

I really believe antibiotics initially are a good thing to knock down (but not out) the bacteria load.

However, I am not sold on the safety or effectiveness of longterm antibiotics (yeah, I know, here come the tomatos). I think longterm it is best to build up our body's natural defenses and keep our gut alkaline.

Having said that and knowing the wrath that will surely rain down on me, please know I absolutely support 100% a patient's right to make an informed choice about their medical treatment and I detest the witchhunt being conducted against physicians who are sincerely trying to help us with the only weapon they are trained to use.

At your stage of things can't, it just sounds like your body has been beaten up by more than just lyme. Seek out a good integrative doctor who is trained in both allopathic and complimentary medicine. They are best able to determine what is wrong.

If your internal system gets sick enough, no abx on earth can save you.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Theralac? I have been VERY impressed with my first 3 wks on this stuff! I think it's worth every penny!

www.theralac.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im going to call an intergrative doc tomorrow.

at this point i just hope i recover from this round of yeast.

Im on 3 therelac a day now...it does nothing for me. actually NO probiotics work....its like drinking water for my system.

Luvs- I agree, my body is the best defense against this ...whatever i have....and off abx it puts up a good fight.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been off abx for 2 months since I went to my new out of state LLMD. Has been nice ... I can finally SLEEP without sleeping pills which did NOT help me either. Actually when sitting in my tv chair, I fall asleep quite easily now.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole time I was on abx my body felt toxic and sick. I stayed on it for about 6 months and was so sick I could barely get out of bed.

Now I'm using alternative methods. There are the herbs that JimBob is using and others on here with a lot of success.

I'm using the Rife machine which is working well for me along with the steam tent pumping in oxygen and ozone. Its great for getting out the txins. My herxing is way down when I use the steam tent nightly.

I'm using a few other things too so you definitely have choices besides abx. Be encouraged!

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance you are allergic to the abx, and that's causing the itching?

When I had bad yeast problems, it took a year to recover. This was pre-Lyme treatment and I had been on abx for only 2 months. Diflucan was pretty new then, and the doc had me take only 1 pill a week. It was back when you could only buy it in 1 pill packs.

I also used a lot of supplements from the book the Yeast Connection by William Crook. It's a great anti-yeast regimen book.

Of course, if the abx are working, then the toxins released will make you feel sick. It's so hard sometimes to know what is best. For me, I realized I needed the abx when time off of it resulted in neuro symptoms.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woke up today again with burning....my urethra feels twice it size and the flow is so low...

i am going to look into alternate methods this is just getting rediculous....

nope, not allergic to the abx...this happens on them all now.

my llmd appt is tomorrow......in my condition the car ride is going to be so much fun (NOT)

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel better OFF of ABX too. I don't just mean better because the herxing or whatever has stopped, but better in regards to where I am at illness wise.

I have used a lot of means to fight this stuff and ABX, has only been a small part of it. I know it is not the norm, and I wonder why I have been fortunate enough to be in this degree of remission? I wish I understood the science of what happened better. Problem is there is no science explaining what has happened.

I also am a believer that our own immune system is very instrumental in healing. It just needs the tools to do it, and all of the tools had been slyly taken away. Now we are aware and we just give them back, give it some support when needed and hopefully we can get an upper hand.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow guys! Thanks so much for not "slymeing" me.

I'm doing really well too Jellybelly.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment, can't. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey can't...Are you sure you're buying Theralac and not Threelac??? It's the theralac you want.

I hope you can find some alternative treatments that work for you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

I just wanted to add that I am taking a lot of suppliments...allicin, oregano oil, immune booster , and slowly adding in vitamins if my bladder will tolerate and the anti yeast diet.

its so tough for me to tell because i also have IC...so yeast or even the abx could be iritating to me....but this has happend with 2 diff abx now...

I started doxy in november 05....then on to cedax, the bladder problems started while on the cedax...really bad sloughing of the bladder...bad urine flow...tissue in urine.

my bladder hasnt been he same since then...and ive had problems with yeast ever since.

Jan had bacteria vaginosis...treated with flagyl...didnt herx

I was on diflucan from jan-feb no abx

then march found my yeast was resistant to diflucan so was given vfend, which did nothing.

then i was given nazarol 400mg/day

April- was given cipro...and i seemed to feel better on it..was taking it on and off at a low dose of 500mg. as often as the gyn would give it to me

May- given nazarol, which really helped my yeast issue. was given cipro on and off again, as well as IV ancef during a bladder procedure.

i felt 100% while in the hospital, gained my weight back....was so good.

June started cipro at lyme dose...one day on high dose and i got very very bad yeast infection.

took nazarol..and all urethra symptoms went away.

I just took 4 days of amoxy/augmentin for a strep D infection found in my bladder thru a special lab...and got the same urethra /yeasty iritation after day one.

i was running out of nazarol so had to cut back to 200mg/day and i know i need more then that.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

yup lymetoo- ive been taking the theralac since feb sometime ....

i spend so much money on probiotics and they dont even work.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs2ride - longterm abx are saving me and I am very grateful for them but I dont expect my path to health to be everyone's path. What is really important is that we feel better in the end.

Cant - there are some other natural stuff that is supposed to work against yeast. I would ask your llmd about it (I take olive leaf extract)... I know he knows about it.

you also said "Im on 3 therelac a day now...it does nothing for me. actually NO probiotics work....its like drinking water for my system."

My stomach digests slow and if I take probotics 2 or 3 hours away from an abx then they dont work .... for me it has to be taken AT LEAST 4 hrs away or they won't work at all.

Maybe you could try to distance it further. All it takes for me is one dose too close and yeast infection (I take two doses of two different probotics (different strains)

I hope you can get the yeast to clear up. and good luck with whatever treatment you decide to pursue.

Best wishes

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to give you support.

Im so sorry you are going through these problems.

I had so many problems with yeast and ABX just like you.

I only lasted about 6 months on ABX. I developed leaky gut and candida problems from the ABX.

Everyone is different. For some people ABX's work wonderful.

I also had to turn to alternative treatments and Rife machines. I am not well yet, but, im SLOWLY making progress. At least my burning is better. It did take me over a year for me to heal from the candida.

Hang in there. I know its hard.

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks Azure- he did suggest the olive leaf extract back in jan and i did take it, but last time i took it my bladder burned alot....i may try it again....as my diet is more strict and i will be able to tell if it is the ole or not burning me.

Jordan- thanks for the support....all my life i could take abx NO problem at all.....and now i cant...its beyond frustrating to me.

I dont have the burning and stinging anymore...just with urination....its just iritation...and i know you can relate. ugh.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had bad yeast problems, my doctor discovered I was also having bacterial problems. Basically, when we killed the yeast, the flora didn't come back properly. So I'd have overgrowths of bad bacteria.

Turned out, I needed abx to get out of that cylce. Which meant more difficulty killing the yeast. But the symptoms of the bacteria were the same as the yeast.

It's an awful cycle, but it can end. I wish you the best.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am cycling downwardly with you cantgiveup...if your misery wants company I am right here next to you.
[hi]

I also usually feel much better off ABX. until about month 6 when the lyme really starts creeping back in.

With IC life is really tough. Do you also have endo? They usually run hand in hand. Sounds like your hormones are really not balanced. Mine either. Unbalanced hormones can cause all sorts of problems including lots of lyme related issues and yeast stuff too!!!! Plus I remember you were a crying river like me lately.

We are in similar boats on the same river. can you see me?

Thinking of you,
Trails

[kiss]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Hey Trails,

I thought that was you down stream :-)

I dont think i have endo, but who knows at this point. My periods have been better since getting lyme...no bad cramps like i used to get.

its the only time of the month i get relief!!

which was the opposite pre illness.

No one has checked my hormones, well except for thyroid which is 'normal' what hormone tests should i have run?

yea, life with IC makes trying to figure out lyme/yeast/bacteria symptoms impossible.

Aniek, that is interesting to me...the culture always shows normal flora.....but who knows?

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cant

I was just reading your health diary and in the hospital you where 100%.

Maybe look really carefully at just what you where given there and or not taking or eating even and maybe there's an answer in there somewhere?

hang in there [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lingolady
Member # 8042

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lingolady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the difference between Theralac and Threelac? Which do you prefer?
Posts: 34 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lingolady
Member # 8042

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lingolady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 34 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lingolady
Member # 8042

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Can't and Trails,

I'm jumping on board with you on this bladder thing.

Can't--I have been reading most everything that you post because I am unfortunately following in your footsteps.

I was doing okay on abx for almost a year, doing probiotics, diflucan, nystatin, and tons of supplements.

After a week on flagyl, I thought I was dying. My bladder went bizerk and took my urinary tract with it.

I have a chiro who does muscle testing and this is what helped me some. Got some relief but not gone by any means. Uva ursi for the pain and inflammation, D-mannose as a urinary tract cleanse, and a chinese herb.

I couldn't survive without the muscle testing to tell me what I need and what I don't. Anyone do that around where you are? Its saved me a bunch of dollars for products I didn't need.

I wish I had more to offer on this subject. I started following the IC diet (some relief), drink baking soda to stay alkaline. I did Theralac and it seemed to stop working for me after a while.

This bladder thing is painful stuff. Hang in there, I will pass along anything I read on the subject.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement