LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CRAWLING SKIN - ICK !!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CRAWLING SKIN - ICK !!!!!
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, [hi]

Been awhile since I have entered a new topic but here goes. My LLMD decided to start taking me off abx about 8 weeks ago. I have been on many over the last six years and was not getting any better so it was any idea to try. I have always been really afraid of the thought of it.

I have been taking 1200 Zith a day and 1200 ceftin a day for quite a while. (2 pills each) I am allegeric to all the cillin products.
So over the last six weeks I went down to one Ceftin a day for three weeks and then none

Well, I feel like things are crawling up and down my arms, hands and starting now in my legs.
Mostly my right side.

First started slow but it is increasing to almost a constant feeling.

I remember when I first started getting sick with Lyme in 2000, one of the things I remember was that tingling feeling because I hate bugs. I thought something was crawing on me and I kept slapping my arm to knock it off.

I am still on Zithromax and am not going to stop it. [bonk] In fact I just took a Ceftin before I started this post to you guys.

I did have Babs to. Could this be that acting up. My neck is spottier than normal and noticed today my arms seem spotted. Oh! This stuff is so weird.
Am sure there are lots of similar experiences.

Lo [Wink]

Posts: 187 | From Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the crawling skin too. But, I am no where near well with regard to treatment.

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is called, I believe, fomication or formication (not fornication!) I thought bugs, bees, cobwebs, etc. were crawling on my arms, legs, face -- part of a neuropathy paresthesia (I do wish I didn't need to know these words). I was astonished when I found Lymenet et al and found out how many other people have it -- people with neuro Lyme -- but my doctors didn't know why I was getting it, of course.
Posts: 459 | From Connecticut - just across the river from the Lymes (Old Lyme, Hadlyme, East Lyme, South Lyme & Lyme) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've dealt with nasty neuro Lyme, Lo, and those creepy-crawly feelings happened daily for me.

Within a month of taking rifampin (for Bartonella), those feelings completely disappeared and have never come back.

I'm still on both rifampin and ceftin.

Hope this helps and hope you're able to find some relief.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, maybe bartonella needs to be addressed. Also make sure you don't have any yeast issues. Good luck and don't be a stranger, Lo!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing, Today I started doing the natural erb anti-bacterial regiment for Morgellons, I don't have any fibers but feel this is a symtpom of it, the creepy crawling ants on (or rather they feel under) the skin are just one symptom. It is amazing how many mention this on the forums, I've had lyme for like 13 years and this just started a few weeks ago.
Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

Babs and candida both gave me the Crawlies--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input.
Was hoping that going back on the Ceftin would stop it.
Have not had the problem since I was first diagnosd.
Thanks Again.

Lo

Posts: 187 | From Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep had that

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
treepatrol~ Is that "had" as in "past tense"? Is it gone for you now? If so, what do you think eradicated it?

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you see black specks on your skin or around your house? Like pepper?

Check out

www.Morgellons.org

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timaca:
treepatrol~ Is that "had" as in "past tense"? Is it gone for you now? If so, what do you think eradicated it?

Timaca

Iam not sure what abx it was right now it may have been a combo abx's for about 6 months everytime I would work up a sweat manOman I felt like there was stuff on me in me trying to get out of my skin.

It wasnt as bad if I didnt sweat or get heart rate up normal sitting it was more of a irritation than anything.
I noticed if I was taking my vicodin it wasnt as bad.I remember that.I get that feeling yet but way far apart maybe once evry couple months if iam aggitated.

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tree Patrol,
Did you ever see any of these black specks they are talking about (Morgellons) or any stuff like that?

I gotta tell you. We have all been through hell with this disease but the idea of some crawlie thing coming out of my skin freaks me out to the point that I cannot describe!

This damn disease has ruined my life as well as many others on this board and we try so hard to stay upbeat all the time as we limp around.

But Man I don't think I can stomach this other thing. Every time I would read stuff on the board and someone would mention Morgellons I would run cuz I did not want to mentally go goofy over it.

So, wondering if you had any other symptoms? I do have alot of neuropathy in my body.

Thanks, Lo

IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lo, even if it was Morgellons don't freak out, progress is being made, in fact, though I'm just stumbling into all this I think that Morgellons is going to lead to a true cure for both Lyme and Morgellons. Do a search about how many have crawling skin, tons of folks on this board, some for decades even, they're still here. We're here for you and remember, how we react has a lot to do with this stuff and how we feel, stay calm.
Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

[kiss] Thanks Is There Hope.
You are so sweet. So many times over the years I have tried to be a lending hand to someone. Sorry I sound like such a wimp. I hate bugs so much that I still check my sheets every night and shake my pillow. I have done this since I was a kid and I am 58 now.

My sweet husband of 30 years just puts up with me.
So to have a disease caused from a tick to start with was bad enough. (never camped, no pets, did not garden, never saw the tick etc.) All I did was work. Well this other thing has totally got me in a state. I have not even told him cuz I cannot stand talking about it.

For six years I have been in leg braces, wheel chairs and you name it but nothing seems as bad as the thought of this.
Thanks for the kind words. I am really saying lots of prayers for all us of.
Lo XX

IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Lo, you said:

quote:
I have not even told him cuz I cannot stand talking about it.
I know exactly what you mean, sounds like you're a believer in the Lord, me too. My creepy crawlies I hate too, I wish for anything but that. However, this is what I have, I started an herbal regiment that a morgellons person says rid him self of it, strong anti-bacterial/anti-fungal/anti-parasitic stuff, it's great for you immunue system anyway so I thought what the heck. I'm just starting this week and going to stick with it for a year. Anyway, half the battle is in the mind.
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

What treatment are you on to try get rid of the little monsters? What is the name of the stuff. Maybe I can start taking similar herbs?
Thanks for caring and hope you get better.

Yes, I am very much a believer. I talk to God, my dad in heaven and a few others up there alot.
Lo
XX

jwf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HiLO, (couldn't resist that)

I'm the one IsThereHope is referring to.
Here is an earlier post giving the short
version of our Herbal Treatment for Lyme
and Morgellons:

http://tinyurl.com/khkpv

Be sure to watch the two videos in the
recent post about Billy Koch.

Blue Skies..........John

Posts: 134 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Thanks John [kiss]

I will start the treatment also. So glad you guys are better.

Thanks so much for sharing and caring.

Lo
XX
I liked the HiLo [Wink]

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by Lo:
Tree Patrol,
Did you ever see any of these black specks they are talking about (Morgellons) or any stuff like that?

I gotta tell you. We have all been through hell with this disease but the idea of some crawlie thing coming out of my skin freaks me out to the point that I cannot describe!

This damn disease has ruined my life as well as many others on this board and we try so hard to stay upbeat all the time as we limp around.

But Man I don't think I can stomach this other thing. Every time I would read stuff on the board and someone would mention Morgellons I would run cuz I did not want to mentally go goofy over it.

So, wondering if you had any other symptoms? I do have alot of neuropathy in my body.

Thanks, Lo

I havent seen any black spots but I have had some skin issues doxy caused two dark spots {too much sun} I get like blocked pore kinda thingy once in a while and a beeling thing on my head neck just inside hairline on back of head ever since being bitten by deer louse hunting its done that since the bite 10 15 years ago it goes away and comes back on certain abxs? Its not like a infection it just beels?Not sore etc.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Told Majesticgirl I would bring this up for her to read.
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have crawling skin on my legs when I go to bed at night. The doctors called it restless leg syndrome. It will drive you crazy! You have to get up and move to make it stop.
I take mirapex for it and the crawling skin will stop.
sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement