LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » If things like liver flushes and parasite cleanses work...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If things like liver flushes and parasite cleanses work...
dtiffen02
Member # 8993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dtiffen02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't it be easily proven? Though I propose this question as a skeptic, I like to keep an open mind. I realize I know "nothing", and am always willing to learn new things and break new ground.

Having said that, if something like a liver flush generates the expulsion of hundreds of stones as some claim, why has no one documented this? It should be fairly easy no? By the same token, if a bowel cleanse generates impacted fecal matter and parasites (that aren't a direct result of the product itself), how is something like that missed on a colonoscopy where the operator is able to see the intestine under great magnification? (it looks perfectly clean after the fasting/laxative)

From my point of view, it seems as if many people are being taken advantage of by peddlers of snake oil remedies. I am more than willing to admit I am diametrically incorrect if someone can provide good evidence to the contrary.

Posts: 53 | From tampa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having searing shoulder pain all around the past month and my acupuncturist was finding lots of sensitive liver and gallbladder points.
He suggested the liver/gall bladder cleanse recipe which I did last week (olive oil and lemon juice).

I was shocked at the size and number of stones that came out. I even saved some of the larger ones and and put them in my freezer so I could show them to anyone who doubted me. If the liver and gall bladder is backed up you become toxic and that was reflected in the pain I was having which is pretty much gone. It really cleaned my clock and I feel much better. This is not a myth - it really worked for me.

I am not sure how this treatment would be viewed as selling snake oil. No one is making a profit from this. There is a big profit to be made from gallbladder surgery though. There is no way my body could have tolerated a major surgery right now.

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nori-
Can you please explain the liver gallbladder cleanse that you did?

With the doses?...Thank you so much!

Daniella

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under my doctors supervision This is what my doc gave me to read to do the cleanse.

http://www.relfe.com/gall_stone_cleanse.html

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dtiffen02
Member # 8993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dtiffen02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nori:

I was shocked at the size and number of stones that came out. I even saved some of the larger ones and and put them in my freezer so I could show them to anyone who doubted me. If the liver and gall bladder is backed up you become toxic and that was reflected in the pain I was having which is pretty much gone. It really cleaned my clock and I feel much better. This is not a myth - it really worked for me.

How do you know the stones weren't created by chemical interactions of the ingredients of the cleanse plus the contents of the stomach/intestines?

Has someone with ultrasound/ct scan verifiable stones performed a flush and subsequently verified the passage of the stones with another ultrasound/ct scan?

Posts: 53 | From tampa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

I had a hida scan several years ago that showed clogged up gallbladder.

I dont feel a need to verify what came out - my bad pain is gone and that is all that matters.

--------------------
Nori

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"By the same token, if a bowel cleanse generates impacted fecal matter and parasites (that aren't a direct result of the product itself), how is something like that missed on a colonoscopy where the operator is able to see the intestine under great magnification? (it looks perfectly clean after the fasting/laxative)"

Because it is not visible. The plaque matter has taken on the shape of the colon and intestines and the worms and the parasite eggs are hiding in between, plus elsewhere. It is like wearing one sock over the other. From there they move up into the rest of the body, including the brain.

Have you ever seen a picture of a brain with parasites and worms? I would recommend you search a bit. People that harbor these kind of critters end up with leaky gut, malabsorption and several other gut diseases if you keep it long enough. And people with parasites in the brain are not well, often become schizoid and have neuro symptoms that cannot be fixed until the invasion is stopped and expelled.

The gut makes for good health and death can also start there.

I am glad you want to learn.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dtiffen02
Member # 8993

quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:

Because it is not visible. The plaque matter has taken on the shape of the colon and intestines and the worms and the parasite eggs are hiding in between, plus elsewhere. It is like wearing one sock over the other. From there they move up into the rest of the body, including the brain.

But some of these sites claim people expelled rubbery black things 2 feet long. That would be hard to miss on an endoscope that magnifies things 8x. Since such a thing is never found upon examination, I can only come to one logical conclusion: that being whatever is found after a cleanse wasn't there prior to the cleanse.

quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Have you ever seen a picture of a brain with parasites and worms? I would recommend you search a bit. People that harbor these kind of critters end up with leaky gut, malabsorption and several other gut diseases if you keep it long enough. And people with parasites in the brain are not well, often become schizoid and have neuro symptoms that cannot be fixed until the invasion is stopped and expelled.

I've seen MRI's of cystic worms in the brain. It really is wild that such an infection accounts for a large percentage of adult onset epilepsy, although I don't see the relevance to what was being discussed. Just because a condition exists doesn't mean everyone has it.

[ 13. July 2006, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: dtiffen02 ]

geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to agree with you. i've seen the pictures of yellow yucky stuff that is "supposed" to be whatever that comes out of the colon. i don't know. i only know that my gastro (who is one of the best in north texas) told me to never, ever do that liver cleanse with the olive oil and limes.

i do not have a gallbladder so i cannot digest fat as well as a normal person plus it backs up into the sphinter of oddi causing pancreatic pain. not something i will ever do.

i did try the caster oil thing and boy did i have pain. he really let me have it.

nope, i'm sticking with my gastro..........

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dtiffen, I think I will end my part of the discussion here. This is getting nowhere and turning rather boring.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dtiffen02
Member # 8993

ok
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion about the gallbladder flush is that it is a chemical reaction of the oil and lemon and stuff in your digestive tract. 5 years ago when I looked into it there was some body that did do SOME research on this and found that the stones were NOT gallstones, but made up of lemon and olive oil coagulated with some other stuff. I cant quote them though---I dont know where I saw this info. Have you tried to find any research on these issues?

I also agree that gallbladder surgery is a MAJOR money maker for surgeons.

So both sides of this one suck.

[Razz]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you regretted doing liver flushes?

This question is referring to all flushes. Sometimes, while feeling nauseated or while vomiting oil, people feel like a crap and regret drinking oil. This question is not about a single experience. This question is about general liver flushing experience. Today, when you look back, how do you feel about liver flushing?

1) Yes, I regretted I started liver flushing. 5 of 335 1%

2) No, I am glad I started. 302 of 335 90%

3) Undecided. Too early to know. 28 of 335 8%

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good thread, I think. I've read the same things about the liver/gall flushes being a hoax, though some people swear by them!

I do know that colon cleansing is a good idea periodically for most folks, especially folks who eat the typical American diet. I tried a product whose website showed all that gunky black rope stuff from the cleanse... and all I got was nice, clean fiber coming out. Now, that said, I eat a clean diet and cleanse fairly regularly...

I did a colon cleanse with bentonite in it many years back, and I DID get the goopy, black ropey stuff -- no idea if it was stuff that had been in my colon all along (as the product claimed) or if it was created by the product itself...either way, after some very uncomfortable cramping for a few days, I had a clean colon and better digestive health for a long time after that.

I have read that bentonite is hard on the body, and some say you shouldn't use it at all -- but it IS highly absorptive, and I have no doubt it can help leach toxins out of the tissue....

I've also done regular (at least once a year) parasite herbal cleanses for quite a while now, and sometimes have literally seen living evidence that they are working, in the form of worms.

No advice here, just my personal experience.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nori:
Under my doctors supervision This is what my doc gave me to read to do the cleanse.

http://www.relfe.com/gall_stone_cleanse.html

Thanks.... Nori for the info am checking it out now!!

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, some people are skeptical, and decide to analyze their stones.

But, unfortunately, not every lab has the equipment to proove that stones are composed of cholesterol, bile, pigment ...

Analysis can only give composition of the stone, it can not prove that the stone came from the liver of from the gallbladder.

But, if results of the analysis are for example: cholesterol, bile, pigment, bilirubin, biliverdin, protein , calcium, then the probability that the stone was formed inside intestines and that it didn't come out from the bile ducts is quite low.

In other words, if results of analysis are: cholesterol, bile, pigment, bilirubin, biliverdin, protein , calcium, then there is little doubt that analyzed stone is indeed a real gallstone, or a real "liver" stone.

Furthermore, if it was simply the olive oil froming into "balls" - then wouldn't it stand to reason to assume one would get the same amount of "balls" every time they did a flush?

Folks who do a series of flushes will get different amounts of stones or chaffe each time, usually large amounts early on, and less thereafter.

Which also has indicated to me that it is not the ingredients of the flush being passed as stones.

As far as the intestinal cleansing, GiGi addressed the issue exactly.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bothrops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dtiffen02,
I think it is BS too. If I want to clean my colon I will eat some frosted mini wheats. This is one scam that many fall for.

I think I got it figured out how to beat whatever it is I got. I am going on antidepresants, I am going to do CBT, I am going to stop posting on these sites. I am going to try to be happy no matter how bad I feel. I think whatever it is we have we can overcome if we are strong.

I think it is all BS from the clenses, alternative drugs and the docs themselves. If I offend any one, I am sorry.

Posts: 208 | From Greenville SC USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The liver cleanse i am doing is really just to increase the number of lemons I can eat and is not for removing gallstones.

Start off with one lemon 1tbs of good olive oil, a cup of juice or water plus a little garlic and ginger and blend. I now do this with 4 lemons daily and have used the same proportions for the other ingredients.

I have only been on 4 lemons for a few days so its too early to report so far

Best Christmas wishes
Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

Because we can't hear it or see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Many dr's believe lyme does not exist and we know that's a crock of poo, so to say cleansing is a BS is just ignorance.
I don't do colon cleanses b/c I make many bm's a day, but I do clean my liver b/c of all the meds I'm now taking.
Last year when I had a colonoscopy, I had to cleanse my colon and thought for sure the next day I was going to be weak and sick. Well the next day I never felt so well. The strongest I felt in YEARS! I got all the toxins out and got the pipes moving well again.
When you go out and have a night of drinking and are totally hung over, well being hung over is a toxic liver. Empty the toxins and you feel better.
There is not enough evidence is most alternative approaches only b/c there is not enough money to fund studies, but there are a ton of studies on pharma meds that still kill people.
NOTHING is BS if it works and makes people better.
I think religion is BS, but some people believe in it enough that it helps them, so be it.

[ 23. December 2007, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Peacesoul ]

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done a number of the Clark like flushes, about 15 over the last 2 years, but only a shorter version, I don't mess around so much with all the apple juice, I went straight to the day flush approach with the 1/2 cup olive oil and grapefruit juice.

On my first 4 flushes I did have stones, not just the green bile stone but many that were brown and had a calcified hard shells to them. These are the ones that are very bad to the bile ducs, they don't flex in any way and can get stuck if they grow too big. Upon breaking a number of these open, green crystals were at the core.

I have a very stong constitution and the flush process really does not bother me that much. Every one is different. I am very glad I have done these. My liver feels so happy and light.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dr for four years who was very knowledgeable about alternative therapies, supplements.

he gave me many controversial tx, such as IV vit C meyers cocktails, eurocell, transfer factor and many other things.

he even recommended things like colloidial silver but I wouldn't try it.

he told me NEVER to do a gall bladder flush. he said if I did have a stone, it could get caught in a duct and I could die.

he said people who do lowfat diets get stones, I was on low-carb high fat. he had me get CT scan and the radioctive isotope test to check for stones.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. I went to the site posted to see just how much olive oil and lemon to take and how often since I have forgotten.

It was too much for my brain. Looks like a good site once my brain is working well enough to read it.

But, for now, I need the bottom line.....

how much olive oil and lemon is recommended and how often?

I am out of lemons but have the lemon juice in the little lemon container to use for now until I can get to the store and get lemons.

I assume that is fine.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I did my first parasite cleanse and expelled liver flukes on day 9. I plan to do one every six months.

I want to do a liver flush because I feel that I have stones. When I had my galbladder removed I had lots of stones - big and small.

The last time I spoke with my Lyme Dr. I said I was going to do a liver "cleanse" and he liked the idea. I did a "cleanse" but feel I should do a "flush" I will make sure I ask him about the flush. I am a little scared as I know it will make me sick.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peacesoul:
There is not enough evidence is most alternative approaches only b/c there is not enough money to fund studies, but there are a ton of studies on pharma meds that still kill people.
NOTHING is BS if it works and makes people better.

Exactly.

There may be money, but who wants to spend it on this...when they will get no return on their money??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See
http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/read.php?2,16954

for details of mine and other formulas of different liver cleanses;

Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Anyone know what's the best liver flush?
Posted by: wallace (IP Logged)
Date: December 22, 2007 11:53AM

Another recipe from the web

Wallace

For years the lemon has sat awkwardly amongst other fruits. As children we knew the lemon tasted bitter, and because of this, we often found ourselves drawn to its peculiar mystique.

In recent years, the lemon has been used to control the spread of the HIV virus, and has been demonstrated in research studies to kill the HIV virus.

Dr Peter Piot of UNAIDS hailed the discovery that the juice of the lemon kills HIV in the test tube, declaring: " UNAIDS would like to give you (Professor Roger Short and your 'LemonAIDS' team) every encouragement to pursue this exciting new lead.''

Keeping the liver healthy is a critical step in the health and recovery of both cancer patients and those with HIV / AIDS.

According to Dr Leo Roy MD, ND [Immune Perspectives], ``No disease, especially degenerative diseases including cancer and AIDS, could survive longer than a few weeks in the presence of a healthy liver.''

A recent discovery by those working with HIV / AIDS has found that combining the simple lemon with extra virgin olive oil and blending these together (with the lemon rind and seeds) and a glass and half of spring water, can and does produce amazing results, when drunk on a daily basis.

The lemon and the extra virgin olive oil, when taken together, act as a potent liver and gallbladder flush, detoxifying the liver, lowering biliruben levels, removing heavy metals, increasing the production of bile from the liver, stimulating lymphatic flow, and restoring the pH of your saliva, which in turn helps you to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat.

The liver is truly the master organ of the immune system, producing chemicals to combat viruses (including the HIV virus) and bacteria, supporting phagocytic [immune function], and producing antihistamines to neutralize substances that promote the growth of cancer. When the liver is not functioning properly - and is over-blocked by toxins - the body's immune system is severely weakened leading to chronic illness. The lemon & extra virgin olive oil drink not only prevents chronic illness, but works to reverse it.

According to Mark Konlee from his paper How to Reverse Immune Dysfunction - ``The immune system has two 'arms' - the TH1 and TH2 systems. They tend to be connected: when the one is strong, the other is weak, and visa versa. The Lemon / Extra Virgin Olive Oil drink has been reported to balance the two arms of the immune system. This would help in both suppressed immune system and autoimmune conditions (including HIV / AIDS and cancer).''

Restoring pH levels to normal alkaline levels of 7.0 or greater, is of tremendous importance for the cancer patient. Lemons are one of the most alkaline forming foods on the face of the planet, and when consumed on a regular daily basis (especially with the rind and seeds), cause pH levels in the body to rise and become very alkaline, to levels typically above 7.4 or greater, making it difficult for cancer cells to survive because of the amount of oxygen present. The majority of cancer patients have acidic pH levels of below 6.5, meaning that normal cells are not able to respirate or ``breathe'' properly. This causes cells to mutate and become cancerous. This discovery was made by Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg, who discovered that cancer cells only thrive in a low-oxygen state. In this way, the simple lemon can help to fight cancer.

The lemon & extra virgin olive oil drink also helps to lower and restore biliruben levels in those with liver cancer and liver disease. An elevated biliruben level is a key indicator of a damaged liver. Recently a patient of mine with liver cancer, who had a consistently high biliruben level of 36 (disqualifying her from chemotherapy), took for the first time the lemon & extra virgin olive oil drink. She drank her first and only drink on Thursday. Her biliruben levels had been measured 3 days before and were at the usual 36. She was tested on Friday (one day after her first drink) and her biliruben level measured 28, then two days later it was measured, and it was at 22 (to a near normal level)! This ordinarily skeptical woman was gobsmacked!

So the next time you find yourself walking past a lemon tree, consider how the simple lemon can and is beginning to wage the war against two of the world's most devastating diseases - cancer and HIV / AIDS.

For further information on the Lemon / Extra Virgin Olive Oil Drink and related articles and research on cancer and HIV / AIDS and beating these diseases naturally, go to www.alternative-cancer-care.com

GLEN RUSSELL, CERT.HYP.HYPCA.CNSL

Glen Russell is a certified counsellor and hypnotherapist and graduated from the Alpha Hypnosis Training School having studied a Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy & Neural Linguistic Programming.

It was during this time that Glen decided to specialize in working with cancer patients. Glen embarked on an ambitious training regime further to his training at Alpha Hypnosis Training School to ready himself for the challenge of working with cancer patients in the specialized field of `hypnosis for cancer'. After reading Stephen J Parkhill's internationally acclaimed book "Answer Cancer: The Healing of a Nation", Glen undertook training with Stephen to learn the art of healing illnesses created by the mind using hypnotherapy as a tool to access deep core emotions.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

From alt cancer care site mentioned above

DETOXIFYING THE LIVER

Drinking carrot juice daily will help to detoxify the liver as will drinking Essiac Tea daily. Apart from being low cost and safe to use, Aloe Vera is the best natural way to induce phase II of the liver's detox pathway.

Lemon & Extra Virgin Olive oil drink can be taken daily and is an excellent detox for the liver. If drunk all in one go first thing in the morning (an hour before eating) it will flush & detox the Liver & Gallbladder. This drink manages to restore the Ph of your saliva which in turn helps you to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat. To make this you need 2 Organic Lemons, 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a glass and a half of clean spring water. Wash the Lemons, cut out any dark bits, then roughly chop the whole lemons (including rind & seeds) & put in a blender. Add the 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil & the glass & a half of water - blend this for 60 seconds - strain & serve.

A single LIVER FLUSH over a 24 hour period will help to remove gallstones and will greatly improve your health and well-being. Information about this liver flush can be obtained from Dr Clark's website. Further information about the liver can be obtained from Dr Sandra Cabot's Liver Doctor website.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

From wallace
On the lemon:

senile person is forgetful, confused and his speech rambles. He repeats a question that has been just answered. Memory is so poor that the individual does not recognise members of his own family. So senile patients and those approaching old age need substantial quantities of vitamin C to protect their brain from damage and to fight infections.

Ascorbic acid alone may be used in the preser�vation of vitamin C and treatment for deficiency, but the natural juices of citrus fruits will be more efficient and more complete in their action. In the citrus fruits, ascorbic acid is always accompanied by a bonus of other vital nutrients which nature in her wisdom has supplied. But the citrus fruits or juices should be taken fresh.

Nutritional value of citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and also contain numerous other vitamin factors, especially A, inositol and certain of vitamin B complex. They also supply appreciable supplementary amounts of minerals with which it becomes easy to maintain health properly. Minerals build rich blood, strong bones, nerve tissues and assist in regulating the body. Calcium found in orange makes them a valuable food for infants as it is necessary for growing bodies. Oranges are likewise useful for older people.

Lemons as medicine: Lemon juice cures menorrhagia, nose-bleeding, hepatitis, gastric ulcer if taken several times daily. Of all foods which have also been used as medicines, lemons are the most commonly known. The custom of using a slice of lemon when eating a fish dinner was originally intended for remedial purposes rather than for flavouring. It was believed that if a fish bone were to be accidentally swallowed during the meal, the juice of lemon could dissolve it. Lemons have been used as a household romedy for colds, rheumatism, sore throat, gastric and liver troubles, headache, heartburn, biliousness etc. Lemon juice mixed with glycerine is used for chapped lips or chilblains. For constipation, the juice of a lemon as taken in a glass of hot water one-half hour before breakfast. Local application of lemon juice is used to allay irritation caused by bites of gnats and similar insects.

Dr. Fred R. Klenner has described most elaborately the various uses of lemon in his book 'The Key to Good Health: Vitamin C. He has said that lemon juice is very useful in arthritis, cold, hypertension, sun-stroke and menorrhagia.

Other uses: removing stains: Use clear lemon Juice; it will remove stains from the hands.

Dr. Fred R. Klenner in his book 'The Key to Good Health: Vitamin C' has also confirmed the above�mentioned uses of lemon.

Dr. Donald Law in his book 'Herbs for cooking and for healing' has said that there are over 20, varieties of lemon but the juice of all of them is most helpful as a remedy for purifying the blood, for rubbing into the scalp against falling hair. Lemon juice mixed with shampoo acts as a tonic to the scalp. From medieval times the skin of lemon has been chewed to act as a cleaner of teeth and strengthener of gums. Naturopaths frequently recommend a course of lemon juice and water to rid the body of accumulated poisons and debris. You can extract more juice from a lemon if you place it in an oven for a few minutes and bake it slowly. The humble lemon contains vitamin A, B, C, G and the rare vitamin P.

Lemon juice cures erysipelas, carbuncle and, abscess. Dysentery quickly disappears after a few drinks of pure lemon or musumbi juice. Some naturopaths also cured diabetes by giving pure lemon or musumbi juice to drink. Jaundice and clotting of arteries by cholesterol are alleviated by prolonged course of lemon juice. Many diseases of the respiratory system can be cured by including lemon juice in the diet. It may be sweetened by adding sugar to it.

Dr. Richard Lucas in his book 'Nature's Medicines' has expressed the view that lemons were highly valued in ancient times as medicine and for prevention of scurvy. Scurvy is a disease characterised by a spongy condition of the gums, loosening of the teeth, foul breath, debility and anaemia. There is also a tendency to haemorrhage especially into the mucous membranes and skin. Scurvy was common among the crewmen on the old time sailing vessels where the diet consisted entirely of dried or salted biscuits or loaf. The scientific answer to scurvy is vitamin C which is available in plenty in citrus fruits.

Drs. Wood and Ruddock in their book 'Encyclopaedia of health and home' remarked that lomon juice may be used in curing asthma, cough and cold, corns, headache, heartburn, vomiting and whooping cough.

Dr. M. Grieve in his book 'Modem Herbal' has said that washing the face with lemon juice and water is said to remove tan, freckles or blackheads.

Lemon juice rubbed in the scalp before shampooing is considered as an effective remedy for dandruff. A lemon milk preparation is employed for whitening and softening the skin of the hands and face. Lemon juice is an all-round beauty aid. Lemon juice makes a nice rinse for the hair. It will remove the soap film much better than plain water.

Dr. Joseph E. Meyer in his book 'Nature's Remedies' has said that a few drops of lemon juice sprinkled over sliced bananas, apples or grapes will prevent them from turning brown for a considerable period of time. Frequent applications of lemon juice is said to remove ink, rust, or mild stains from cloth. For this purpose some recipes call for the addition of milk or salt to lemon juice.

Dr. A. N. Ghei in his book 'The Book of Food and Nutrition' has expressed that the addition of lemon juice to rice, boiled fish etc. gives a special flavour and has some specific action in promoting digestion. It is also used in salads. Being very rich in vitamin C, it acts as an antiscorbutic.

Dr. W. Hale-White in his book 'Materia Medica' has said that lemon-juice is used to relieve thirst and to make effervescing mixtures and drinks. Its action is the same as that of citric acid.

Nicholas Culpepper in his book 'Complete Herbal' has written that fruit and vegetable juice offers an excellent remedy for arthritis, bronchitis, intestinal disorders, stomach disorders and urinary disorders. He has observed that cooking destroys most of the natural vitamins and minerals. He has advised to consume raw fresh fruit and vegetable juices as far as practicable.

Harrison Dayal in his book 'Ancient Indian Energy Food' and Kristine Nolfi in her book 'My experiences with living food' have given various uses of lemon. Ramon Bernard in his book 'Herbal elixirs of life' has identified lemon as the 'miracle fruit'. Nelson Coon in his book 'Using plants for healing' has narrated the various medicinal uses of lemon.
Benefit and uses of Lemon:

1. Arthritis, rheumatic diseases: A few drinks of lemon juice is the surest remedy for rheumatic fever, painful joints, lumbago and sciatica. There will be no cardiac complications. Those with incipient arthritis were given ascorbic acid therapy and similar results were achieved.
2. Common cold: Lemon juice or vitamin C tablets taken three or four times daily along with garlic cures cough and cold.
3. Oedema: Oedema of the muscular region produced by vascular decompensation often responds more rapidly when 10 to 33 ounces of orange or grape-fruit juice is given in addition to 500 mg of vitamin C for three or four days.
4. Hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases: Many illnesses of the aged may be prevented with an adequate intake of vitamin C daily. Particularly cerebrovascular diseases and heart disorders may be largely reduced.
5. Prickly heat: Quick relief is obtained by taking a few drinks of lemon juice daily.
6. Shock: To prevent surgical shock surgeons apply ascorbic acid routinely before and after surgery. 500 mg by mouth one hour before surgery to patients of average weight helps to useful in preventing shock and post-operative weakness.
7. Menorrhagia and haemorrhage: A few drinks of lemon juice or narangi juice will certainly give some relief in acute menorrhagia.
8. Asthma: Many cases of asthma have been relieved by taking a half-spoonful of lemon-juice before each meal and upon retiring.
9. Cough and cold: Roasted lemon when properly prepared is one of the most effective remedies for cough and cold.
10. Corns: Lemon juice applied to corns a few times a day makes an effective remedy. Bind the corn and leave it overnight, you can expect wonderful results.
11. Headache: Lemon tea relieves headache.
12. Heartburn: If you take one glass of lemon juice, you will surely get relief from it.
13. Nausea, vomiting and travel sickness: If one takes a glass of lemon juice before leaving home, one can return from travelling without any trouble.
14. Sun-stroke or heat-stroke: Lemon or lime (musumbi) juice prevents sun-stroke or heat�stroke.
15. Whooping cough: Lemon or musumbi (lime) juice is a household remedy for whooping cough.
16. Weakness and general debility: Lemon or musumbi (lime) juice offers an excellent remedy in general debility and weakness.
17. Low vitality: Lemon or lime (musumbi) juice removes this condition very quickly

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was finding this thread pretty boring as I always do whenever people bash something they have never tried and then totally discount someone's report of good results. Gosh folks. What will it hurt you to try a lemon/olive oil drink and who is the scammer/s making big bucks on this?

Then, Wallace came onto the thread and WOW!!

Wallace, thank you for so much really good information.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats it matter? Really?

Ive done liver flushes. I don't HAVE a gallbladder. They were the turning stone for me, the cornerstone. And yes, I did get stones out. They are produced by your liver, not your gallbladder.

Instead of wondering all the time, why not TRY something. Its all a crap shot. Pun intended. If it works, try it. If you think it might work, try it. If you don't want to, then dont.

Its that simple.

For me, it worked. And Im happy and living life. I didn't do things like coffee enemas and stuff. I stuck with what I THOUGHT would work, based on my OWN research AND hopes.

Hope goes along way. I can scrutinize everything or I can try something once in a while.

And personally, whatever I got out of my body, is my business. IT working is all that matters.

Now if you want to refute that my stomach pains stopped after doing a liver flush, go right on ahead. I have an entire household of people that can laugh it up for you, because they DID.

or that my multiple chemical sensitivities stopped after doing some REALLY odd things... go ahead, and refute that. Doesn't really matter to me because I live in my body.

not you. And on any given day, I will put whatever I want into it. Including antibiotics.

Thats my choice. And hers. And his. And hers too.

I am SO sick of posts like these, but fortunately for me, not in an unhealthy sick way. Just mentally sick way.

Do what works for YOU. And leave other people ALONE with what THEY do.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

When it comes to the colon cleanse question, it seems to me that it would be relatively straight forward to scrape some of the stuff lining the colon, and examining it under a microscope.
Break The Chains posted some interesting numbers
on liver flushes. My question is who did the study to get those impressive results?
Or is it just numbers drummed up by some selling liver flushes?
If you read the claims made by people selling
alternative treatments, there is no reason for anyone to be sick for a day, or not live 300 years.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like a good idea to take some lemon juice & spring water or make a salad dressing with lemon juice & olive oil.

I wouldn't depend on it to cure AIDS or cancer, though.

There are alot of so called miraculous foods & herbs (oregano oil, aloe vera, noni, etc.).

I guess some people make money off of these things or they just get off on telling people what to do.

Seems like a good idea to do a liver flush with lemon & olive oil if you feel like it may help.

I guess I'd avoid it if there was a particular health issue that would make doing something like this hazardous.

I heard drinking grape juice with lemon is cleansing to the liver, too.

I wouldn't wait around for someone to do a study on this. It's just not likely something like this will be studied - you just have to try it & see for yourself if it's helpful.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who "sells" liver flushes? The lemon industry? The olive oil industry? Maybe the Mr. Charmin toilet paper folks?

We could also ask "If taking Flagyl for busting Lyme cysts worked, can't it be proven?"... I believe that it may do that, but I haven't seen much proof.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement