LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Update: Lola is in the Hospital - Prayers needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update: Lola is in the Hospital - Prayers needed
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our dear Lymenet friend Lola from Illinois is in the hospital tonight. She is in a very fragile state and is very sick.

If you can, I ask that you pray for her health and recovery.

[ 17. July 2006, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: snowflake ]

--------------------
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Posts: 221 | From the hills | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julier
Member # 9527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for julier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lola is in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us posted.

Julie

Posts: 40 | From Pasadena | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear this. Hope she is home again soon. My thoughts and prayers are with Lola.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending heartfelt prayers her way. Please keep us posted as you are able.

Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayer sent
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are praying adamantly that Lola will get out of that duckhouse as fast as possible, and will feel much better very soon.
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lola, Prayers are sent for you. Hope you are feeling better quickly.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pass my good thoughts along to Lola and my wish for her speedy healing!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for
recovery.
mimi

Posts: 343 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This note comes with a prayer that God will be Lola's comfort, her peace, and her restorer.

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lola has given up hope. She needs your powerful prayers so much right now. She is still hospitalized at least until tomorrow. IV fluids and cardiac telemetry right now until stable. They did an MRI today but that's all I know. Neurologist hadn't seen her yet when I spoke with her earlier. Let's hope she gets the answers she is looking for and that they can convince her she can be helped.

[group hug]

--------------------
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Posts: 221 | From the hills | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newdurham77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newdurham77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope she feels better very soon!! What problems is she in for?
Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't she just recently diagnosed? Geesh, I sure hope the best for her. Will the hospital work w/ her LLMD? Does she even have one?

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers have been said for Lola, too.

Please continue to keep us posted and ler her know that she has many people rooting for her.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are for you Lola.

I hope they can find out whats wrong and fix it.

Wherever your mind or body goes God will be you

Here is my favorite verse:
"be strong and couragous. Do not be discouraged, for the lord you God will be with you
wherever you go" Joshua 1;9 [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear this. I do hope her drs can give her something to hang onto. I know you will help too, snowflake.

Prayers from here. [group hug]

Keep us posted.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snowflake:
Lola has given up hope. She needs your powerful prayers so much right now. She is still hospitalized at least until tomorrow. IV fluids and cardiac telemetry right now until stable. They did an MRI today but that's all I know. Neurologist hadn't seen her yet when I spoke with her earlier. Let's hope she gets the answers she is looking for and that they can convince her she can be helped.

[group hug]

Snowflake, check your PM's
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's in my thoughts and prayers. [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

To answer your questions:

Yes she has an LLMD. I called them and spoke with the nurse today, who recommended second opinion. The internist who is seeing her in the hospital has been given his contact information.

She is experiencing major autonomic nervous system collapse with inability to maintain bloodflow to her brain. She is unable to sit up or walk now without having difficulty breathing. The blood just drains and pools in her legs. She also developed numbness in her face and spine today.

She has been in trendelenburg position today to remain stable. They found a pineal cyst on the MRI of brain but neuro said her symptoms were not consistent with that so he said it was not the problem.

They scheduled a tilt table test. Continues with IV fluids for volume expansion. She has stopped antibiotics.

--------------------

Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayer is for Lola to know that God is near to comfort and sustain her through this very difficult time.
Peace be with her,
Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis
Member # 8405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for travis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying prayers for Loyla,

I pray that she will be healed and feel a happy life.

travis

Posts: 29 | From south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lola, you are in my thoughts & prayers too that God's wisdom will point these MDs in the right direction to get you the necessary medical attention you so desparately need right now!

We've all been down some very dark, bumpy roads, and that's where our lymenet family comes in with their 24/7 support and ENCOURAGEMENT that YOU, LOLA, CAN BEAT THIS LYME STUFF! Keep the faith Lola.

Keep us updated snow.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending more healing thoughts Lola's way.

[group hug]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for those who don't know what happened to Lola

here's the link to the other link
****UPDATE*******

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=045845#000002

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also send more healing thoughts and a lot of hugs for all of you.

snowflake, how wonderful she has you at this very critical time...her husband too. Please keep us posted!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for her.

While I have been feeling well for three days straight, I know that Lyme disease is still a serious disease and a lot of people are still suffering.

I hope that meadia would report Lola's case.

Best wishes

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement