LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Relapse or just the after effects?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Relapse or just the after effects?
Cisco*
Member # 5231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cisco*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! In January, after several years of treatment for Erhlichia, Babesia, and Lyme's, I was finally off the antibiotics. I was feeling much better and did not seem to cycle any more. I've had a few blood tests since with results that led the Dr. to also believe I was done with the treatment. He did warn me that ocassionally, specially when stressed, sick, or very tired, I could get some of the symptoms back. Indeed, this did happen, but the symptoms were few, not too strong, and short in duration.

Last two weeks I have a whole bunch of the symptoms coming back. True, they are not as bad as before, but strong enough to drain me and also to get me concerned. Back are the localized leg pains, the numbness, head aches, sore muscles, brain fog, fatigue, vibrations, and the Lyme Rage. Most come and go but the brain fog seems to stick around a lot. I feel somewhat better but not entirely well. Just in case, I am taking Biaxim and artemisinin again and trying to keep a log of the symptoms.

I am pretty sure I have not gotten reinfected by a tick, so what gives? Was I not completely cured and I have relapsed or are these just after effects? Should I call my Dr. or keep monitoring and hope everything goes back to how it was early in the year? Your comments are apppreciated. Thanks.

Cisco

Posts: 29 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cisco

Sorry to hear about the return of some of your symptoms. [Frown]

I would call your dcotor and see what he says. Specially if you think you may have been re-infected.

hang in there and never give up [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If these symptoms persist for 1-2 weeks, I would contact the doctor. They may want to see you if the symptoms persist beyond 2 weeks or run another test and treat.

Stress or depression going on at all?

Good luck

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought - are you still taking probiotics? The yeast issue will still be a major factor for a long long time. Are you still watching your sugar/carb intake? A lot of these symptoms can be explained by yeast.

I've been off abx over a year and a half, and yeast is still my constant companion, although nowhere near as bad as when on abx.

Either way, I'd call the doctor and tell of your symptoms.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cisco*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses! My plan is to wait a week or two to see if the symptoms persist. If so, I am calling the LLMD. If not, should I just consider these after effects of the now controlled Lyme's been exasperated by stress or fatigue?

I have been taking the probiotics and I am almost certain I don't have a problem with yeast, but you never know.

[ 18. July 2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Cisco* ]

Posts: 29 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

Well, this morning I woke up with the feeling of raw current passing thru my body and prickly sensation in my feet and hands. Brain fog is getting thicker with occasional stronger waves that make me stop everything and sit still until they pass.

I don't like at all where this is going. After a couple of years of sick leave, I finally went back to grad school to finish my master's and now IT is seems to be back. If things don't get better by Friday, I am calling Dr. S on Monday. Yet, I still wonder whether these are just lingering effects...

Cisco*
Member # 5231

Verdict is in. Dr. says its Bartonella. It had been kept in check when treating the Lyme's and the Babesia. I guess it restrengthen and raised its ugly head after being off the antibiotics for six months.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement