LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The Benefits of Rebounding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Benefits of Rebounding
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I just finished my 30 minutes of rebounding (aka using a mini trampoline), I am once again reminded of one of the things that so DRASTICALLY improved my condition.

I wish my LLMD had recommended it to me much sooner in treatment - my 'mystery' arm pain would have left me eons before. Although the primary reason it was recommended to me was detox - a rebounded flexes every muscle in your body, and wakes up those sluggish lymph glands. Ladies in particular - worried about bad stuff around the breast area??

I don't really see many posts on this, so thought I'd bring it up for newbies and oldies alike.

Everyone can benefit from this non impact exercise, regardless of your physical status.

You can spend as little as $30, or as much as $200. The cheaper ones work, but may not last as long.

Read on (and may you jump your way to good health). [woohoo]

http://www.completehealthnetwork.com/benefits_of_rebounding.html

The specific long-term health benefits of rebounding have been proven again and again by the
medical community. Here are 30 specific anti-stress benefits of rebounding according to Dr. Morton
Walker, a writer and lecturer in the self-help and holistic health fields:

There are 30 health advantages of regular rebounding, including
the following:
1. It increases the capacity for respiration.
2. It circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
3. It establishes a better equilibrium between the oxygen required by
the tissues and the oxygen made available.
4. It causes muscles to perform work in moving fluids through the
body to lighten the heart's load.
5. It tends to reduce the height to which the arterial pressures rise
during exertion.
6. It lessens the time during which blood pressure remains
abnormal after severe activity.
7. It holds off the incidence of cardiovascular disease.
8. It increases the functional activity of the red bone marrow in the
production of red blood cells.
9. It aids lymphatic circulation, as well as the flow in the veins of the
circulatory system.
10. It encourages collateral circulation.
11. It strengthens the heart and other muscles in the body so that
they work more efficiently.
12. It allows the resting heart to beat less often.
13. It lowers elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
14. It stimulates the metabolism.
15. It promotes body growth and repair.
16. It tones up the glandular system, especially the thyroid to
increase its output.
17. It adds to the alkaline reserve of the body which may be of
significance in an emergency requiring prolonged effort.
18. It chemically attains absolute potential of the cells.
19. It reserves bodily strength and physical efficiency.
20. It expands the body's capacity for fuel storage and endurance.
21. It improves coordination through the transmission of nerve
impulses and responsiveness of the muscle fibers.
22. It affords muscular vigor from increased muscle fiber tone.
23. It offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other
pain caused by lack of exercise.
24. It enhances digestion and elimination processes.
25. It allows for better and easier relaxation and sleep.
26. It results in a better mental performance, with keener learning
processes.
27. It curtails fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women.
28. It minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive
disturbances, and abdominal problems.
29. It tends to slow down aging.
30. It reduces the likelihood of obesity.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie,

I totally agree...rebounding is the way to go. I also have been doing this for many years with just a WalMart rebounder...I think it was $20 only.

It's way easy on the knees. Lyme hit my knees hard.

Try it, people, you will like it!

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear lymeinhell,
We have been using a rebounder for so long I forget when we first got one. But to tell you the truth, we never thought about using it for Virgil. He seemed too weak to even suggest it to him but now I will. Even my 94 year old father used it up until a week before he died. He rarely missed a day.
Thank you for the reminder of something we know is a great health and wellness tool!

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE MY REBOUNDER!!!!!

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, you sold me. [lol]
I want one!

Do you have to use it any specific way or can you just bounce up and down, really gently?

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are 2 types of bounces: A Health bounce, where your feet never leave the rebounder, and an Exercise bounce, where your feet do.

Depending on your physical abilities, you can do one or the other, or both. Or start out with 5 mins of the health bounce. Holding your arms out to the sides, elbows 90 deg. bent so your hands are near your head really works on the lymph glands under your arms.

People with great physical difficulties can actually benefit by having just their feet on the trampoline while another person jumps on it. I kid you not.

Doing punching motions GREATLY relieves shoulder/arm pain. The Needak trampoline comes with a very informative book and video - I'm sure they have a lot of it on their site.

Happy bouncing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chicago_bird
Member # 9301

Icon 14 posted      Profile for chicago_bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to find low impact exercises that won't send me into a bad relapse. This sounds like it has lots of benefits -- I have to get one!
Posts: 69 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok [Smile] sounds great!

recommendations on where to order one?

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been thinking about getting one, now you have convinced me it's a necessity. Thanks.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ReboundAIR has an optional accessory that you can hold onto if you have balance problems.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NUTBOBUTT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NUTBOBUTT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an awesome book called "The Golden Seven Plus One" written by C. Samuel West that tells of the benefits of a rebounder.

It's a fabulous book, but you can only find it used. I found it on Amazon.
Lynette

Posts: 109 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement