LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need your Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need your Help!
LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need you help. I need to find information about co-infection with lymes, also anything about testing and getting negative results. I got an appointment with a LLMD that is covered my my insurance if I get the referral. As on now I made the appointment and am going to have to pay for the apointment at full cost out of pocket, but my insuacne company will reimburse me if I was referred. Problem is my doctor believes the test done locally is correct. [bonk] (It was not a western blot test.) So I want back up for when I talk to him to show that I really need to see this LLMD doctor.

Thanks up front for all the help! [group hug]

[ 25. July 2006, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: LookingforHope ]

Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the Newbies help links towards the top of this page. There is a lot of information there.

Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a doctor and can only make suggestions, not give medical advice. But one possible option is to go to www.vitacost.com and order Nutricology artemisinin, take at least 300mg per day for a week, and see if it has any effect. If you have babesia, you will see a temporary worsening, then improvement in symptoms, although artemisinin is not a cure by itself.

While most Lymenet patients seem to choose mepron as a babesia treatment, which is very expensive and has a high relapse rate, there are many malaria drugs you can get through travel doctors and clinics which may also help you--although you MUST research them on your own first, since the dosages require in-depth knowledge. Most of them are extremely cheap. Just make sure you get them from a reputable source, as there is a booming counterfeit malaria drug industry.

If you are concerned about bartonella, one suggestion is to get a one-week prescription of rifampin, another cheap antibiotic, and take half a capsule per day for three days. If you have bartonella, that is enough to produce a noticeable shift in symptoms.

Doxycycline is a very inexpensive drug, and is taken by both acne patients and travellers in tropical areas for years on a daily basis. You can get it as an acne treatment from almost any dermatologist, and as a daily malaria prophylaxis from a travel doctor. The only real side effects for most people are nausea if you take it on an empty stomach, and increased sensitivity to sunburn. If you look for a sunblock containing either mexoryl, titanium dioxide, or Parsol, you will get good UVA/UVB protection.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement