LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I know why vinegar hurts me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I know why vinegar hurts me
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many have posted here about vinegar and honey helping them with their joint pain, but when I tried it, my pain increased significantly.

I now know why. I received the results of my food allergy bloodtest and I am strongly reactive to brewers yeast. The report says to avoid vinegar (which I have been doing due to the pain)which apparently has brewers yeast in it.

FYI.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vinegar is also on the "no" list for an ati-yeast diet.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey is on the "no" list for yeast as well, due to sugar content.

That said, some people find the combination helps.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tested positive for systemic yeast. I often wonder if that isn't my illness rather than lyme.

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the years I've seen alot of comments that yeast can be as bad or worse than Lyme Disease. but it doesn't mean you don't have lyme, just a bad complication. Treat both well and you can have some relief; knowledge is power even though sometimes I'm overwhelmed with too much "knowledge" if you know what I mean.

Take care,
Curley

Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The body grows yeast and fungi as a protection for itself. Yeast and fungi flourish in a toxic terrain. As long as the body is toxic with heavy metals and environmental toxins, it will protect itself and yeast cannot be controlled. Dr. K. published this years ago www.neuraltherapy.com/articles, a section of it:

So in the long run, the situation looks different: the cells of the body are harmed by toxic metals whereas the invading microorganisms can often thrive in a heavy metal environment. Research by Ludwig, Voll and others in Germany, by Omura and myself here in the US, showed that microorganisms tend to set up their housekeeping in those body compartments, that have the highest pollution with toxic metals. The body's own immune cells are incapacitated in those areas whereas the microorganisms multiply and thrive in an undisturbed way. The teeth, jawbone, Peyers patches in the gutwall, the groundsystem (connective tissue) and the autonomic ganglia are common sites of metal storage - where microorganisms thrive. Furthermore, those body areas also are vasoconstricted and hypoperfused (by blood, nutrients and oxygen), which fosters the growth of anaerobic germs, fungi and viruses.

Once we clean up our body, the fungi will not live there any longer. As long as you harbor heavy metals and other dental toxins, etc., the fungi will be there and do the damage most of us are familiar with.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Yep GiGi

I am 3x highest acceptable limit of lead and highly elevated in mercury.

We are already working on the removal of the metals. Have to take it really slow.

Luvs

--------------------

elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where does one get tested for metal toxicity? Is there a specific doctor that can do this?

I am running really low on funds, is this something insurnace will typically cover or is it something an alternative doctor would do?

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it some people will add apple cider vinegar (organic) to their baths or diets? Is that a no-no?

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could do honey & vineger. Have read both can be so good for you. I have read vineger is good for arthritus & inflamation & some digestive problems.

Everytime I do try to incorpoate into my treatment honey & vinegae I get yeast problems...

and the vineger tends to make my gastritis worse. [Frown]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi kelmo [Smile]

here is a link that explains why some people use vineger for health reasons:

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/supplements/applevin.htm

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:
Wish I could do honey & vineger. Have read both can be so good for you. I have read vineger is good for arthritus & inflamation & some digestive problems.

Everytime I do try to incorpoate into my treatment honey & vinegae I get yeast problems...

and the vineger tends to make my gastritis worse. [Frown]

I know..I had a salad saturday night. Not even a large one, but I used an olive oil and vinegar dressing...my stomach is still not normal.
Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnbitter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnbitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:

Once we clean up our body, the fungi will not live there any longer. As long as you harbor heavy metals and other dental toxins, etc., the fungi will be there and do the damage most of us are familiar with.

I don't actually have any heavy metals. There's slight amounts but very very little. I was completely surprised actually.
Posts: 207 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burnbitter, the results of any heavy metal tests are not indicative of the fact that you may not be holding some in your body, or many, or none, for that matter. It depends on the test taken.

Often the reason the metals do not show up in a test is that the body is not able to release them - for a variety of reasons. And because of that inability to release them, they often do not show up in a lab test.

They can however be found more easily with any of the better forms of muscle testing. ART reveals if they are in the body and where they are in the body. EAV and some other biofeedback forms also give an indication.

Many alternative medical practitioners are able to guide you on that.

And if a heavy metal does show up in a test, even if it is just a little, there is no way to test for how much is remaining in the body. A knowledgeable doctor can pretty much tell from the mineral analysis that is part of some of the heavy metal tests (done at the same time with)
whether you have heavy metal toxicity. Besides the symptoms of course, which are identical to Lyme symptoms; so it is difficult to tell the difference between Lyme and heavy metal symptoms.

Take care.

Be sure to ask your doctor before you act on anything I post!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement