LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anybody taking a natural product for adrenal support??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody taking a natural product for adrenal support??
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so, which one and how much does it cost you per month??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When not using Cortef, I use Adrenal Support Tincture by Natures Apothecary, Gaia Adrenal health, or Herb Pharm Adrenal Support tonic
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get those??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take seriphos. Phosphorylated Serine - Adaptogen & Adrenal Support. I take 2 per day with dinner. A bottle of 100 costs 23.09 at vitacost. So, about $14.50 per month. The directions say to take 1 tablet daily but I adjust my dose via muscle testing. I started with 1 daily and it controlled my air hunger really well but then it was bothering me again and I found that 2 per day stopped it until recently when I started artemisinin. Anyway, it is a good product for both my sister and I.

My sister's doctor recommended this product. It helps normalize your body's release of adrenaline according to him. He is not an LLMD but an M.D. who is holistically oriented. He tested my sister and said that she was releasing adrenaline at night instead of the morning so she was not sleeping at night and very tired during the day. He said this would help her and it does.

I sometimes take bovine adrenal support but I only take it as needed via muscle testing. It's not very expensive in the scheme of things. B vitamins also help with adrenal support and there are so many more things that you can take to support adrenals.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It varies from time to time. I do a search online to see who's the cheapest.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, gang!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adreset by Metagenics. I can't recall how much it costs. I just get back boxes every month, and then shake my head at the bill.
Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenal complex by professional health products and Adrenal Essence by Xymogen.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take low dose Biovea DHEA or high dose vitamin c to support the adrenals (advice from my LLMD). He said if I took high dose vitamin c the body becomes accustomed to it so to taper off slowly over weeks.

He told me to try the vit c first and if it didn't work try the DHEA.

Emma

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

I would be careful taking DHEA w/out having your levels checked & monitored by your MD.
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw something that stated that one should be cautious with seriphos:
http://www.drdebe.com/Serine.htm

I looked around and here is more information on adrenal protocols. One includes seriphos by a doctor who has a good reputation according to several people that see him that live in my area.

Adrenal Protocols
http://www.thecompounder.com/AdrenalProtocolMead.html
The following information is provided by Dr. Jay Mead at ZRT Laboratory in Beaverton, Oregon. I received the information from Chana Scott, R.N. by FAX on July 08, 2003.

This program will allow the adrenal glands to repair and will take several months of judicious application on your part. Full adrenal gland recovery is the rule; although, long standing STRESS may cause irreversible scarring and the need for lifetime support. Once repaired, it is essential for you to modify your lifestyle to reduce stress. If stress is not reduced, you will, within a few months, experience the same symptoms.

For ADRENAL FATIGUE

Licorice Solid Extract (or Cortef� - Rx) 1/2 teaspoonful at 8AM and 1/4 teaspoonful at noon
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 500mg three times daily
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 50mg twice a day
Vitamin C 3000mg three times a day
Vitamin E 800 I.U. per day
Cayenne Capsules (OPTIONAL) 1 capsule three times a day
Ginseng (OPTIONAL) 1 capsule one to three times a day
Exercise 20 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week.
CAUTION: Do NOT be competitive in your exercise program

We stock a supplement by RxVitamins that is similar to this protocol.

The Supplement is ADR-7. Read More

For ELEVATED CORTISOL LEVELS

Phosphorylated Serine (Seriphos�) 10mg at 8AM and 5mg at noon
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 500mg three times daily
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 50mg twice a day
Vitamin C 3000mg three times a day
Vitamin E 800 I.U. per day
Cayenne Capsules (OPTIONAL) 1 capsule three times a day
Ginseng (OPTIONAL) 1 capsule one to three times a day
Exercise 20 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week. CAUTION: Do NOT be competitive in your exercise program
Our adrenals are important. And, they can be harmed if we aren't careful. Our job here is to offer help in dealing with adrenal problems. One great resource we call upon often is a book by James L. Wilson titled, "Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st-Century Stress Syndrome.'' The book is clear and easy to read. It is full of great suggestions for maintaining our adrenal health. We think that everyone ought to read this book and do what it suggests. A healthy adrenal system makes life more enjoyable.

Check your local library for a copy. If you can't find it you can order right from Amazon. The cover price is $14.95 (USD). Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st-Century Stress Syndrome

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sabre Sciences("All natural balancing")760.448.2750 prepares a customized creme for me based on my saliva hormonal tests.

Personally, I wouldn't take a lot of supplements for adrenal support without reading two books(Adrenal Fatigue by James Wilson N.D.,D.C., Ph.D and The Cortisol Connection by Shawn Talbott PH.D.)and being tested via saliva hormone tests.

ADrenal fatigue is not the same for everyone. I apply the creme at two different times during the day. This is based on the hormonal testing that shows all day levels of cortisol production as well as other hormones. This may be different for you based on how your body is reacting to stress or the lyme infection.

Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

Just curious, are you having trouble with the cortef? I'm on it now and it really seems to be helping.

D

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

No, it's great....but would like to go "natural" if possible.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take:
Schizandra Adrenal Complex
from Planetry Herbals
Vit C
Magnesium
Vit B5
Siberian Ginseng
Licorice Root
Wild Yam
DHEA cream

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virgil uses Plus which is a plantsterol that supports all of the hormone producing glands.

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is just using bio-identical progesterone. When progesterone is at it's natural level, everything else seems to fall into place. According to literature I've read, anyway.

It seems to be keeping her steady.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelmo,

May I ask how it was determined that your daughter needed progesterone and what tests she used to monitor her levels. Blood levels of hormones have not been helpful in my case.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Virgil and Mary:
Virgil uses Plus which is a plantsterol that supports all of the hormone producing glands.

?? Where do you get that? Made by??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus provides raw materials for the body to use to build hormones for endrocrine support. It is not a hormone itself and helps with the natural production and balance of hormones. We get it from Mannatech.

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed Metagenics Adreset was mentioned. Dr. C the famous CFS doc use to recommend that product several years ago.
I use to use it seems I took a couple caps a day and then dropped to one. Its worth checking out.

jar

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement