LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » has anyone tried/heard of "gluconutrients"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: has anyone tried/heard of "gluconutrients"?
Dawn in VA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a fella (sales rep) I spoke with today over the phone, they are supposed to be good immune-system boosting nutritionals. I'm gona check it out further and will post anything that seems relevant. Here's the website:

http://www.glyco-facts.com/lyme-disease.html

You can put in your email address to learn more. I know we always have to take these things with a grain of salt, but... well, who knows! :-)

Hugs,
Dawn

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used one for a couple of months. Didn't notice much and have stopped but may try again. Was hoping for a big impact but didn't note any changes.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/ds/dsGlyconutrients.php

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1282

http://people.wwc.edu/student/duffty/

There is one manufacturer, an d then it is repackaged. Ambratose and Mannatech are one version; they are a multi level marketing.

Try a search on here, since there were some who tried it a long time ago. Another alternative is to find other sources, such as some mushrooms, aloe juice, etc. that I think have them.

Google: food sources glyconutrients
http://www.heartspring.net/glyconutrient_sources.html

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/nutritionalsupplements.htm

Northstar

[ 09. August 2006, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: northstar ]

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, thanks for your comments!

-Dawn

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been using Glyconutrients for years.

North Star gave several sites to see different sides of the story. And that is good for anyone who wants to find out the truth. It is good to check things out from all angles before deciding to "try" anything.

But in all fairness, I do want to say that Glyconutrients are the only supplement that has been granted the status of having CMEU, Continuing Meidcal Education Units, granted for the study of them.

There are classes held all over the country and CEU gievn to Medical doctors, chiropractors, nurses, dentists, vets, phamacologists, and I am not sure who else.

These credits are not given lightly. They are regulated by the different professions and each branch had to approve the courses.

This is not fly by night,. There is indeed science behind it and the Nobel prizes granted for the research behind it are worthy evidence.

Validation can be found in many forms including the Physcians Desk Reference for Supplements, Harper's Biochemistry (the text book used by many schools of medicine in the US), as well as Scientic American, and Science (an elite journal for researchers and scientists.

There is also a medical school in Florida which has an accredited course in Glycomics which is the study of glyconutrients.

"There is one manufacturer, an d then it is repackaged. Ambratose and Mannatech are one version; they are a multi level marketing."

Mannatech holds the patent worldwide for the use and composition of 2 or more glyconutrients and so they are the only ones who can legally market them. Ambrotose is their brand name for these sugars.

Ambrotose does not "work" on anything. It merely feeds the body certain nutrients which help enable the cells to communicate with each other and help the body to repair, restore, protect and defend itself.

It is the body which does the work as God intended it to do when given the proper foods.

For some people they notice a difference almost immediately, others take a long time. How long have you been ill?

If you have been ill for a while, it can take a while to even notice a difference. That doesn't mean you body isn't doing it's job.

There are many aspects to Lyme, even more so than many other conditions. The body has to work on all of them.

I am not trying to "sell" Glyconutrients to you. Yyes I do tell eveyone I know about them because I have seen what the body can do when they are given.)

What I would like to do is tell everyone to do the research themselves and make their own decisions. This is a new science and many wonderful things have been experienced by people who take enough of it long enough.

One site to visit would be

www.theglycogroup.com.

If you want more info after visiting this site you can put DGG in the referral site or I would be happy to have you contact me.

I am an RN and I have spoken with several medical doctors who use these Glyconutrients in their practices.

This is cutting edge technology and it is being recognised around the world.

As I said, I am not trying to "sell" it to you and anyone using it can choose to use it and not tell anyone about it.

But when people start feeling better when taking something, they often tell others abuot it. This cmopany chooses to give bonuses to those who do rather than spend their money on advertising as other companies do.

Mannatech is a research and development company and they use people talking to people to spread the news about their products.

Lyme Disease is a debilitating condition (I don't have to tell you that) but I have seen Virgil fighting this and know that the Glyconutrients have been what has kept him going while he uses other means as well to fight it.

Glyconutrients ar no quick fix. I know one doctor who had major problems and didn't see any results at all for a whole year but persevered because of the results he had seen in his patients.

He is now over his progressive debilitating condition. The body takes it time to repair itself.

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My NP has just started me on some of these due to how strongly I tested for them energenically. I am reachng the end of my infection treatments and we want to make sure that we get the immune system ready for ending any more big runs with ABX -

I find it interesting that this topic is coming up just at the start of this new modality. The two that I have started are subtilis and mucor.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jerry travers
Member # 9774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jerry travers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is subtilis and mucor? are those just 2 glyconutrients. because i have heard that there are around 8 all together. where do you get these?
Posts: 73 | From connecticut | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spirochetes have heat shock protiens you wont kill many but they wont be happy either.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can only get these from a licensed health professions, homeopathic or other doc who has the connection to order.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement