LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » hypercoagulation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hypercoagulation
i want help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i want help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a by product of lyme?
thank you

Posts: 225 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,I think it is Babesia that causes this.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.drcharlescrist.com/hypercoagulation.htm

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott to the rescue with yet another rockin' article! You are such a wonderful source of great info for us -- thanks a million!

Yes, hypercoagulation is a big problem for a lot of folks with chronic illnesses -- lyme to be sure can cause it, and babesia compounds the problem even more from what I've read.

Lots of folks on this board swear by the product Rechts-Regulat for treating this condition -- I have yet to try it. I have had great success with a product called "cell food" (a plant enzyme product with dissolved oxygen and trace minerals)-- I went from dark, inky, thick blood to nice thinner red blood very quickly -- wasn't sure why, and then I realized that it must be the cell food -- looked it up and sure enough, it is used for treating hypercoagulation (as well as being a general tonic). What I did know was that I seem to feel much better when I take it than when I don't -- makes sense now.

I've now added in nattokinase as well for even better circulation, fibrin-busting, etc.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Scott for the great explanation! Do you know if you've given that to TREEPATROL'S NEWBIE'S LINKS or not? If not, please post it on his wonderful site so he can include it the next time he updates the entire list ok! THANKS BIG TIME! Bettyg

PS - I think of you whenever I wear my LYME GREEN BRACELET; thanks Scott! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you treat the Lyme, will the Hypercoagulation go away? Or do you need to treat it either way?
Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think treating the hypercoagulation itself is an important facet of treating Lyme disease as a whole. It improves the tissue penetration of other remedies that are used to kill bacteria. This is important to improve the effectiveness of other treatments.

Farah

Posts: 208 | From New Mexico | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree that addressing hypercoagulation is a key part of a well planned treatment and increases your chances of a good outcome. It is also true that some doctors suggest that treating Babesia for example will help with the hypercoagulation issue. Personally, I would do both.

I have done both Rechts-Regulat which I found very useful and am doing a trial now of Heparin which I am not sure about the benefit yet. I stopped the RR during this trial, but will return to it when I stop the Heparin trial. So far, lots of bruising, some scars, etc. Heparin injections are probably not the best first option as they are not a walk in the park....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also have the option of oral heparin...troches. They worked great for me. Now I take lumbrokinase...Boluoke.

some people have hypercoagulation as an inherited problem and need to remain on some type of treatment.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott there is also the nasal spray option which I used, never had even one shot. I can give you the info if you are interested.

Another positive aspect of heparin that I am not sure you will get from either RR or Lubro or Natto is that it is believed heparin kills Babesia and possibly Lyme. So heparin may be something people might want to use at least for a little while.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Scott....

And thanks for your post, Minimonkey - I bought a bottle of Cell Food yesterday. I'd been thinking about giving it a try anyway, but did not realize it helped with hypercoag issues. That clinched the decision for me.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott--I agree that the heparin shots are tough, I'm bruised all the time and run out of injection sites. The nurse at my LLMD's office suggested icing the site before and after and that helps a lot.

Jelly--I would like to know about the nasal spray.

Tutu--I wanted troches but my insurance won't pay and they are $200 a month. Yikes!

But I love the effect of the heparin and definitely are getting things moving.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deepdig
Member # 9226

Icon 6 posted      Profile for deepdig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Asprin help? and herbs thin the blood? http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/icons/icon6.gif
Icon 6

Posts: 30 | From conn. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chronic....mine was around $160 per month, but ins would reimburse 80%. whew!

deepdig....aspirin thins the blood, but NOT the fibrinogen. You can read up on that at www.hemex.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by i want help:
Is this a by product of lyme?
thank you

I have been doing the heparin shots for the last six months and I think they really help. I don't like the bruising either but compared to everything else I've had to deal with, with having lyme, it's really not that bad.

I have not tried boluoke or rechts-regulat either, but would try one of them before I'd ever go back on warfarin.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9490335&dopt=Abstract

[Effect of ozone therapy on hemostatic changes in patients with vascular atherosclerosis]

[Article in Russian]

Maslennikov OV, Sharov IG, Potekhina IP, Dushkina NG, Kryzhanovskaia NA, Maslennikova NO, Bolgov VF, Pavlovskaia EE, Zheglova LV, Chalkina SN.

Department of Ozonotherapy, Regional Medical Diagnostic Center, Nizhnii Novgorod.

Hemostatic changed induced by ozone therapy were studied in 81 patients with atherosclerosis of different vessels in 81 patients. It was found that use of ozone-oxygen mixtures leads to hypocoagulatory changes (diminution of platelet aggregation, lowering of fibrinogen concentration, prolongation of activated partial thromboplastin time, enhanced fibrinolytic activity) which contribute to clinical response.

PMID: 9490335 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is the cell food used?

Thanks all for the great info given here. - D

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:

I have done both Rechts-Regulat which I found very useful and am doing a trial now of Heparin which I am not sure about the benefit yet. I stopped the RR during this trial, but will return to it when I stop the Heparin trial. So far, lots of bruising, some scars, etc. Heparin injections are probably not the best first option as they are not a walk in the park....

My son uses Insuflon Catheters. Once it is inserted it can be used for up to 1 week. We put it in his stomach or upper arm. He still bruises sometimes.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement