LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yeast Questions Here????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeast Questions Here????
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

How the hell are ya? I hope all is well with you folks. I am making progress, but ran into a bump in the road, named yeast!

I had a pos. stool test for yeast overgrowth, slightly elevated, but my PCP gave me Nystatin for four months.

He said start out slowly and work my way up, if I have a (die off) effect, (herx), then back down the dosage.

Here are my Q's to you guys?

Have you had a yeast infection, and if so, what did you take for it, and how long did it take to go away?

Did you have a worsening of symptoms after eating sugar foods, carbs, such as fast foods, sweets, junk foods?

How are you doing now after eating a super healthy diet?

Do you take Bi-Plaq as well during the day with the Nystatin, and how far apart?

I space mine out about 5 hours.

Anyways, it is good to stop by and see you guys again. I am praying for us all!

Thanks,

Rob.

Oh, and if there is any people in the Boston area who would like to become friends over coffee/tea, etc, then please let me know.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymefighter7
Member # 9224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymefighter7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,
Hey sorry about the yeast. Pain in the butt I know. I have had tremendous yeast overgrowth problems for years because of so many antibiotics over the years. Yes, My symptoms seem do get worse after sugar, and junk. I usually curl up and cry afterwards, although it tastes so good going down. I have been on all the yeast meds. and so on. I recently just got very stern with myself and have done an all natural organic diet. I have done away with all sugars too. I am following "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin as I have mentioned in previous posts.

I think if someone wants to get serious about this disease then this is the way to go. Its not only the antibiotics that are fighting this disease but our own body and nutrition and the immune system. Just give it a chance. It will help clear up a lot of problems and give your body the nutrition that it needs to fight this disease.I must say it has been a struggle to eat this way, but I have felt much better with the yeast. My insulin levels are leveled out and my body is being able to rid of the toxins. When I first started this I felt terrible but thats because of the detoxification my body was going through. The regimine is for 40 days.

I thought "I have tried everything else and it seems that I am desperate at this point so I"ll give it a shot". Let me know if you try it and how you feel.

Best of luck and feel better soon!

Posts: 47 | From WV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob

Sorry to hear about the yeast problem.

Nystatin workded some for me-(more as a preventive measure for GI yeast in particular.)

Diflucan worked better for me for an active infection.(But harder on the liver if you are on abx specially)

Yes. The no sugar/low carb diet has been keeping away yeast issues at bay for now.

Also helping are the pro-biotic pearls I started taking. You can find them at vitacost or at naturalgreens.com

P.S. Rob. There are several people in "doctor seeking section" looking for referals for a LLMD in the boston/mass area. Could you please pm them if you have someone you are seeing that you like?

Take care

make sure to talk over everything first with your LLMD

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob

Nystatin is Real good--
what form are you taking-Pills -Powder?

The No carb diet is Super Important--
No way around it--

get the book -the Yeast Syndrome--
by John P Trowbridge--

everything in the book I found to be
accurate and true--
it also contains minues-
that are no carb-healthy-and taste good

Makes doing diet Much Easier--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a yeast infection, and if so, what did you take for it, and how long did it take to go away?
I battled it the whole time I was on abx....still have trouble to some extent, even after going off abx. I took Nystatin tablets daily and diflucan when things got really bad.

Did you have a worsening of symptoms after eating sugar foods, carbs, such as fast foods, sweets, junk foods?
Absolutely!

How are you doing now after eating a super healthy diet?
Much better!

Do you take Bi-Plaq as well during the day with the Nystatin, and how far apart?

I don't think it matters.... but you DO need to take the probiotics at least 2 hrs before or after abx.

I would suggest your looking into Theralac....not Threelac, by the way. It is the BEST probiotic I've ever tried!!!

available at www.theralac.com

Good to hear from you!!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html
http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/
Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with lymetoo & forgot to mention the theralac.

Its pricey but worth every penny.

If you order 2 bottles shipping's free.

Hope you feel better soon

[ 09. August 2006, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: 5dana8 ]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help!

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theralac (www.theralac.com) & anti yeast diet (www.wholeapproach.com)

I had to be super strict on the diet for a year (Zero fruit, grains, flour, sugar) Once I discovered Theralac I was able to ease up a little. Theralac works way better than any other probiotic I've tried. To keep the cost down I alternate it with Primadophilus Reuteri. You should probably do a month of nightly Theralac to get started.

I take Theralac before bed.

I feel great on the anti yeast diet. More energy, no gas, no headaches, less fatigue, less cravings...

hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking in to say HI ROB; glad you are doing better and welcome to our yeast club! I learned a lot just reading others responses here now on the new 22 supplementals LLMD said to take including nystatin which I just started yesterday! [Big Grin] Bettyg
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the info, its nice to hear from you all again!

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rob,

Nystatin, DIflucan and no-sugar, flour, simple carbs diet did it for me.

Hey BTW waht ever happened to the update on this post??? Did I miss it? What did you do that seemed to "cure" you." ?

robi

BostonLyme2005
Frequent Contributor
Member # 7680

Hey Everyone,

Q.
Has anyone ever tried making a natural cure?

I have been trying something new over the past few months, and I have noticed some HUGE progress in certain area's of my life! Not out of the woods yet, but FEELING BETTER/STRONGER!

I will continue to develop and refine this process as I become more active and healthy. I never thought it would work, but hey, I had nothing to lose and my health to regain?

I will keep you updated on my progress!

Rob

[ 15. July 2006, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: BostonLyme2005 ]

--------------------
BostonLyme2005
Frequent Contributor
Member # 7680

I I will keep you guys posted! I am glad I discovered this!

--------------------
Rob

Posts: 768 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged
Rob
Posts: 768 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged Posted 07-15-2006 01:35 PM

I have made HUGE gains in my recovery! I am still refining the process. Yes, one day soon, I will be 100% CURED!!

I do not post often any longer, but I can see that there is some fighting between people here.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM! Who Cares!???????????

--------------------
Rob
Posts: 768 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged

So what's theupdate?

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nat
Member # 8883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi- I have had yeast for about 4 months now..My doc finally pulled my IV and stopped all abx because it was so bad...in my mouth, growing under IV bandage, hands, etc.. I have been on Nystatin ( 9 pills a day) as well as Diflucan and of course acido.. I never ! I watched my diet for awhile and thought it was gone,then slipped on the diet a bit and now have it back on my hands..does anyone else get this on their hands? Kind of like a peeling, itchy rash that lasts for weeks? Anyway, overall feel a lot better than I did..I think the yeast overgrowth was just as bad( maybe worse) than the lyme...
How long does it take to get rid of yeast once you are off antibiotics?
Thanks

Posts: 37 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

nat...sorry you've got it so bad. It can take at least a yr after going off abx to get you back in good shape.

However!!! I just found Theralac and can now cheat some as "hats" said. It's really WAY better than any other acidophilus I've tried.

Be sure to read my links above and get back on track.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

nat
Member # 8883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetutu- my doc gave me the information to order the Theralac...is it really better than normal acido?? I guess maybe I should order it then..is it expensive?
How many do you take a day?
Thanks
Natalie

Posts: 37 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Hi Nat

Theralac is expensive but to me its worth it.

But a good probiotic won't cure a yeast problem.
It will help replace your flora and does help.

You really have to stick to the no suger low carb diet to starve it out!

For me its all come down to diet. Strict at first then I added complex carbos.

Diet,along with that nystatin & diflucan help. And some good probiotics.

I take one theralac at bed time but others take 2 a day. I mix it up with other pro-biotics brands too.

Make sure to talk over everything first with your LLMD

--------------------
5dana8

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by nat:
Lymetutu- my doc gave me the information to order the Theralac...is it really better than normal acido?? I guess maybe I should order it then..is it expensive?
How many do you take a day?
Thanks
Natalie

It's about a dollar a pill. [a little more than that] I take one per day.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Bi-Plaq???

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement