LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What if you don't feel better

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What if you don't feel better
heathnicole
Member # 9313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heathnicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys .. I was diagnosed with lyme about 4 mths ago. . but was sick years before that.

What if you don't think your current doc isn't helping. Can you actually get well without antibiotics.
I am currently seeing a naturopath.

I tested postive through Igenex for lyme and all the other co-infections were negative. . although my gut really tells me that I have babesia. I have sever headaches, night sweats, TMJ, extreme fatigue. The list goes on and on for symptoms. I was mxdx with Fibro& CFS.

My current Protocol is:

Argentyn 23- 5x a day 1 tsp

Desert Biologies- Borrelia Remedy

Liver LIfe- 3 droppers full 2x

NDF- detox- 20 drops in am

Detoxamin- suppository for heavy metals at night

Intramax- liquid vitamins/mineral mix

Samento - By Complementary Prescriptions- 5 drops 3x a day.

I haven't even felt better . . . what should I do?
I don't think I got a big dotox reaction to Samento like everyone else . .what does that mean?

Any advice would be great.
I don't know whether to stick around or stop wasting precious time.

PS_- I do have thyroid diseas, TMJ, MVP, heavt metals, and 5 parasites, candida,a nd extensive food allergies.
I was IGG postitive and IGm negative through Igenex

Thanks for your help I am desperate

heather

Posts: 74 | From Florida | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...

Maybe a first step would be to start switching in some more targeted supplements. A big one for babesia sufferers is Nutricology artemisinin, which can reduce your symptoms if taken daily. For the detox, try chlorella and NAC; for liver support, try schizandra, milk thistle, phosphatidylcholine, alpha lipoic acid, and CoQ10; for inflammation, try bromelain; for anxiety, try magnesium and theanine; for the fatigue, try CoQ10, cordyceps, and if you feel comfortable with prescription drugs, maybe provigil.

There's lots more, of course, but this is just my usual list. For candida, you must be on nystatin or diflucan, and the best probiotics you can afford. You could probably use some fish oil in there, along with mineral and B-complex supplements. If you have babesia, you might want to look at folic acid. A friend swears by Valtrex as a co-Lyme treatment, since viruses can play a role.

Most Lymenet people think you can't get well from Lyme and the co-infections without antibiotics. I happen to agree with that 100%, and also like to jump up and down [cussing] in favor of the strongest antibiotics you can get your hands on.

There's a great magazine called Living Without (www.livingwithout.com) for people with food allergies. TMJ often responds well to craniosacral therapy, if you can afford it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with abx at least for awhile. If you have late stage, that may mean a yr's worth.

Artemisinin sounds like something you need, as it sounds like you have babs symptoms.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with too and Liz, esp with late stage lyme.

I've been on antibiotics now for just over a year and have improved dramatically, augmenting those antibiotics with a good diet and supplements (close to Dr. B's treatment guidelines).

I hope this helps and hope you're able to see some improvement soon.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My caution would be too much metal mobilizing and not enough binding. You will likely overload your system with the metal detox and end up mobilizing more than you can bind and excrete. You potentially risk it ending up in the brain, etc. rather than where it started. I'd be doing serious chlorella with that metal program and using caution.

20 drops of NDF plus Detoxamin is too much to start out with - especially with no binders to help move it out.

What parasites and what are you doing for those?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heathnicole
Member # 9313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heathnicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys . .I see that maybe I am not doing very much good here.

Liz I am going to try to get a bunch of those supplements. Could I trouble you to ask you the dosage and what company.
I am 110 pds 23 yrs old. I know that's alot to ask. I just don't know which companys are good.

SCOTT- What you are saying does make very good sense. . what would be a good agent for binding?
Should I take Chlorella or Bio- Colostrum?

I have both - Chlorella is by Wakunaga
The Colostrumis by Bio Active Nutritional

As for the parasites I have -
Blastosystis Hominins
Toxoplasma
Crypotosporidium
Candida
Gardia
- Bacteria-
Alpha Hemolytic Streptoccus
Corynebacterum Species

No treatment for these. I did try the Clark protocol about 6 mths ago but they are still there and they cause me lots of stomach problems.
I feel like live animals are growling are moving around in there- it is so discusting.

So . .as you guys can see I will do whatever is needed

PS- I have food intolerances- alot and one of those happens to be garlic. .so that may put a damper on things.
Back when these parasites came along I thought if I ate enough garlic I could kill those booggers.

So I literally ate whole garlic cloves raw several a day for years. So now you know where the intolerance comes from. Yeah . .I know pretty stupid- but I hope it gave you a good laugh!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the advice!

Posts: 74 | From Florida | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years of being a vegetarian because I thought it was healthier left me intolerant to tofu. [dizzy]

I am taking the antibiotic route and recently started working with an integrative doctor to add some complementary treatment. Personally, I think a combination is the best.

Because we don't regulate supplements the same way we regulate medications, we don't really know the dose we get in supplements or other alternative treatments. So it's just too iffy in my mind to know what you are getting.

That said, many people are fighting Lyme without antibiotic medications. I would recommend searching through old posts and seeing who has improved and what they did.

But if you are not reacting, either improving or herxing, on your current treatment then yes, you should consider changing it. It took me about a year of antibiotics to feel better. But I definitely noticed herxing.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd get BioPure Chlorella - www.Biopureus.com and then I would also talk with your doctor about Alinia as a potential option for the parasites - though it is generally a difficult drug and good to have done as much cleanup ahead of time. Have you considered the colonix program from DrNatura.com?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heathnicole
Member # 9313

Thanks Aniek I will go through other posts!

Scott-

Great I will get the Chlorella- my question is
which product - there are multiple Chlorella products listed on that web page.

Yes I tried Colonix- it torn up my insides. I am intolerate to garlic and I think that is maybe what maybe so crazy. But maybe I should give it a shot again.
I have tried every known "parasite cleanser" known to man. Including Dr. Clarks protocol.
I also have tried Alinia 20 days of 500mg.
Along with flagyl.- which I read doesn't work for these parasites.( the flagyl)

Again you help is much appreciated!

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a good year before I started feeling about 70% better it just takes so long because we are wore down and the way Bb cycles.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement