LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » no MOJO.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no MOJO.....
firepipersnurse
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firepipersnurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone,
busy board today. i think the most disconcerting thing of what's going on with me is my lack of motivation. i don't feel like doing anything. i use to be so motivated, get up, clean, exercise, cook/bake and now i just am so overwhelmed by the little things.

i'm fatigued, but still wake up every night at 3 a.m. which could be why i'm fatigued. any ideas on what i can take to get me so motivation?

also, anyone ever feel tickling around their body, it seems like i can feel clothes on me which i never really noticed before.

no word on my ENG, neuro is probably thinking what a lush, wine before a neuro test, i know probably not the best idea but i get so wound up each time they order a test that i've never had...

on the doxy today, stay out of sun, yeah right, i'm in mass and it feels like 100 degrees so i'm trying, when will i start to see any (if there are any) effects of doxy.....also, a question, when you herx during your first course of abx, are the next herx worse/better or same.

i noticed after my zpac that the vertigo, and eye problems went away signficantly. but each day i have a new symptom....major symptoms lately have been my right arm feeling weak and numbness in my pinky part of my hand....comes and goes like verything else.

karen

Posts: 68 | From uxbridge, mass | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your body is motivated to stay alive and thus you are lead to rest because your body needs rest in order to heal.

IMHO, the best motivation that you can give yourself right now is to get motivated to get proper diagnosis and treatment and to learn as much as you can to help your body get well.

Allow your body to heal and then you can get motivated to do other things besides what is necessary for survival.

Be kind to your body and yourself right now. Accept that you are sick and do everything in your power to heal. Allow yourself to be unmotivated when it comes to most things, all except getting treatment and giving your body what it needs to heal.

Yes, many of us have crawling sensations and skin sensitivity.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids and I have struggle with lack of motivation also. It is getting better with treatment.

The fatigue that comes with lyme is unimaginable.
I was very busy last week. Drove 6hrs home from a trip after busy time packing and cleaning. The next day I was too tired to watch tv for part of the day. It is up and down. Mostly up, thank goodness.

Be kind to yourself and get some help if you can.
Netflicks is great-they mail you the DVD's so you don't have to go out and get them. I found the video store overwhelming for a while.

It does get better.

I was just telling my husband that our daughter is getting her mojo back.

It is so hard, but you will get yourself back.

char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fire,

Wished I had some wine when I had MRIs and other tests done. The tech kept asking me not to move but, I couldn't stop fidgiting.

I cannot handle drinking anymore. I can hardly walk a straight line when I am sober!!!!!! [dizzy]

tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement