LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Memory problems....starting to freak me out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Memory problems....starting to freak me out!
k-lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for k-lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,

I am having very strange memory problems and unfortunately, I hate to say it, but I hope somebody else on here has the same kind of thing or has had the same kind of thing because this is really starting to freak me out and in some strange way it would be reassuring to know that I am not the only one.
Anyway, my problem is that I like to go to the movies a lot, and I am not able to remember parts of a movie that have just been on the screen, and thus, I am not able to remember a movie and it is like I have been sitting in a chair for three hours day dreaming. The strange thing is that I can remember some movies that I see on TV and also some TV programs. I also cannot remember some things that have just been said to me, some things that I have just done, etc.
Also, to give you all a little background, before all this, my memory was so sharp that I would be able to tell someone every part of a movie and recite lines from that movie word for word and could remember what someone said to me from two years ago.
Has anybody had this same problem? Anybody know what the hell this problem is? Any answers and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
K-lyme

Posts: 227 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Memory problems???? As in I have a degree in English and yet I couldn't remember which way to turn the page in a book in order to read ? Is it right to left or left to right?

Anyway- once I got into the offices of an LLMD (April 2006)and began treatment for Lyme I was told the cognitive dysfunction would improve.

But I notice you joined Lymenet in 2004 and you're just posting on this problem now ? Are you being treated for Lyme ? I was hoping in two years my memory problems would be history !

Anyway- bottom line- memory problems such as you describe go hand in hand with Lyme- maybe you just forgot!

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had, and still do from time to time, the same types of memory problems as you. Though I could never recite much from any movie.

For sure Lyme disease is causing various memory problems. I don't know what the mechanism is. I'm speculating that it has something to do with the toxins that Bb releases when it dies and multiplies. But I don't really know.

I don't believer there is any fix to just get rid of your memory problems. Various brain "aids" such gingko biloba, and other OTC remidies (some very expensive and I don't remember the names of them), didn't help squat.

The solution, obviously, is to get Bb out of your brain (and your body too). I'll tell you part of what I did to do this, but you should know, there's no science behind this.

I make my head and whole body an unhappy home for Bb. I do anything possible to achieve this in hope that it'll kill Bb and prevent it from multiplying.

A main ingredient in achieving this goal is to increase your body temperature. As you may have heard, Bb doesn't thrive at a body temp over >98F.

So I do things like drinking ginger tea, and other hot decaf drinks. No cold drinks at all. Ginger gently raises body temp, and is an antibiotic and immune stimulating and increases blood flow.

Same think for meals, mostly hot and as spicy-hot as you can handle. It'll make you sweat. Cayenne peber is good for you. Add ginger to everything.

Take hot baths and saunas but be get out before you faint. I even go to the extent of dunking my whole head under water (in the huttub) for several minutes at a time (I use a snorkel).

Also, dress warmly.

And lastly, but very importantly for the temp, get proper sleep. This can obviously be difficult for a lymie. It was for me.

To improve my sleep, I do several things. I drink relaxing tea 1-2 hrs before I go to sleep, e.g., Yogi's bedtime and chamomille teas are good. They have no stimulants either. I also take a dose of vit B-6 after my dinner. B-6 promotes good sleep. Then I do something very relaxing just before I go to sleep.

Finally, I sleep in totally dark room and I've asked my wife and kids to be as quiet as possible whenever they get up in the morning. Sometimes, when this doesn't work, I go to another room in the house.

You also need to do the usual things such as drop carbs (refined sugar and flour in particular), detox, attend to your adrenal system, attend to your hormones, attend to your minerals, and take some abx (natural or herbs).

FWIW.

Michael

--------------------
I'm not an MD. The above is IMO and in my experience as well as from health related books.

I've had symptoms consistent with neurological Lyme disease since 1986. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004. Am feeling better now than ever before.

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by k-lyme:
Hi everybody,

I am having very strange memory problems and unfortunately, I hate to say it, but I hope somebody else on here has the same kind of thing or has had the same kind of thing because this is really starting to freak me out and in some strange way it would be reassuring to know that I am not the only one.

Anyway, my problem is that I like to go to the movies a lot, and I am not able to remember parts of a movie that have just been on the screen, and thus, I am not able to remember a movie and it is like I have been sitting in a chair for three hours day dreaming.

The strange thing is that I can remember some movies that I see on TV and also some TV programs. I also cannot remember some things that have just been said to me, some things that I have just done, etc.

Also, to give you all a little background, before all this, my memory was so sharp that I would be able to tell someone every part of a movie and recite lines from that movie word for word and could remember what someone said to me from two years ago.

Has anybody had this same problem? Anybody know what the hell this problem is? Any answers and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx, K-lyme

Yes, I have short-term memory but LONG term memory of things happening years ago; like Alzheimer's! I was having ALL the symptoms of early-onset AD, which I knew only too well since my brother-s wife died of AD at age 40; yes 40, in 1993 after a 8-12 years of thie mind-robbing disease.

So I tested for lyme to rule that out; shocked to learn I had chronic lyme for 36 years; 34 misdignosed. Bettyg [Big Grin]

am36
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for am36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
memory problems here too.

I am an artist, and have 8 paintings that are finally ready for exhibition. I haven't put them out yet, though, because I can't remember what they are about and therefore cannot speak at my own exhibit!

Posts: 169 | From former Philadelphian | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, k-lyme, but I have very similar problems. And they are getting worse.

I lost my train of thought 3 TIMES talking on the phone to a friend yesterday. I just went blank.

Last week, I forgot where my psychologist's office is. I have been going there for almost 3 years.

I'm sure it's the Lyme.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
k-lyme,

By the time I finished reading this thread, I'd forgotten your name...

I've been banned from the video store. I come home with the "best" movie -- something I'm sure we'll just love, only to be told we watched it the week before. And I STILL dont' remember...

I've lost my way trying to get home several times. I've put things in "special" places and haven't seen them since. There are days my whole reality feels like my own personal "Groundhog Day." Everything's the same but it all looks and seems new.

Prior to my Lyme going into full-throttle, I'd had an excellent memory; in fact, it had been a real asset in my work. Once I got sick, that all went away, and it got especially bad when I started taking abx.

Now, a little more than a year into treatment, things are definitely better, but I have nothing like the acuity I once had.
I'm just hoping things will continue to improve.

And in the meantime, I just try not to take myself so seriously.

I explain this deficit to people close to me, and I've let myself become the brunt of a lot of family jokes. They probably think I'll never remember them anyway! [Big Grin]

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, add me to the list.

I forget where I park the car.

Like Andie, I don't pick out the movies anymore because I rent the same movies over and over. At least I consistently think the same movie will be good after reading the description.

I walk into a room and forget why. Stand in front of the frig again wondering what I'm there for.

Since I can't remember when I last put the dogs out or let them in, I'm sure I'm doing that way more than I have to. They just look at me like "again??"

It is getting much better with treatment and several friends have commented on how much stronger I sound and my conversation is flowing better.

Its frustrating but try to keep a sense of humor.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ditto" to all of the above for me.

Just last night, I said "grace" at the dinner table after my husband & daughter started eating. I gave them a look, wonderring why they didn't join in.

They both looked at me like I had grown another head and then looked at each other. They looked back at me and laughed.

I've tried and tried and even now, I still can't remember having just said it before they started eating. I know from their facial responses that they were not teasing me.

It was the night before last, not last night.

Does anyone else have tons & tons of notebooks all over the house? I right things down to try to remember them and then I forget where I put the notes.

There are times I laugh about it and times I cry.

You are not alone!!

[Smile]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting this topic. It is good one. One that is very close to me. It can't get any closer because it is in my brain. Haha Memory problem have always been a part of life and started way way back before lyme. So I am used to memory problems. I made significant improvements in my memory before lyme and then lost some ground. Over the past 2 years it has been up and down sometimes real good and then not so good. Now it's not so good since being on salt-C which I think means it's dieing again.

Thanks for the tips on hot spicy foods and ginger. I'm going to eat more. Thanks for this posting.

Around the house or at work I put things in my path to remind me to take care of it. Let's say I want to put the garbage out but can't do it right now. I move the garbage can into new location were I know I will be walking. Then 2 minutes later when I see it I think ``What's that doing there?'' I might even yell ``Who left the trash can in the middle of the kitchen?'' ah then I remember and laugh., I laugh because it is funny and I am getting better.

Then I have had those times when I can't remember anything about the movie I am watching. ``Is that the same person that was riding the bike before?'' I get no response! ``Is he the girls father? `` I get no response ``Are they going to Miami?'' Hey Dad. If we have to explain everything to you WE will not be able to watch the movie!!!! So I just sit and watch I don't ask anymore. My family has found this very annoying over the years. It is much better for mostly everyone else this way. Hey it's only a movie!! It will pass as it always does and then I will be explaining some other movie to them!!!!! hahahaha

Most movie's I watch alone when the mind is off and if I am having a tough time I force myself to remember by rewinding until I remember what is going on.

Something I haven't1 done in a long time because I just remembered it is JIGSAW PUZZLE. Yes putting a jigsaw puzzle together by myself and staying up until it is done and concentrating on it. Do the edges, and then sort by color, then by part shape. This is very rewarding after the puzzle is 75% done. Not a huge puzzle but just big enough. This does help my mind remember and work. Well of course for me it would be better if I went a party and introduced myself to everyone and then after that just started all over again because I wouldn't remember a single name! I just have not found a large enough crowd to this exercise with.

Timers, setting countdown timers for anything; water the lawn, picking up someone, cooking, making phone calls, sleeping, naps, washing clothes.........

Leaving bills to be paid on a chair in the middle of the where I walk.

I have found that I am not as hard on myself when I do little things to help me remember the little things. I do not like to forget many things in succession as this is not too good for my metal well being.

Oh YES I too also get movies to watch that WE just had out of the library. Hey Dad??? We just watched that......

Take care,
John

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KNow exactly what your talking about. Uh what was it again?
Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also a fan of putting things that need to be done where I can literally trip over them. That way I can't miss them.

And I have found my Palm to be an absolute lifesaver!

Shortly after I started abx, I was cooking and ran out of an ingredient I needed. So I headed to the grocery store. On the way to the store, I realized I had no gas, so I filled up the car and then drove home.

No spice. But I DID have gas at least.

I'd be embarrassed to even calculate the late fees I incurred simply because I couldn't get things together enough to return movies to the video store.

Geez...

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

K-Lyme- hope you didn't forget to come back and read all the responses ! [Big Grin]
Carol

Andie333
Member # 7370

Carol,

[Big Grin]

Andie

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have the same problems with movie late fees. Bummer.

I got a netflix subscription for christmas. No late fees and all you need to do is pop them in the mail box whenever you remember. [Big Grin]

You have to pick them out on line though, but you can view the movie trailors.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Carol.!!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's frightening, I was there, not too long ago. Watched a world cup match in the morning, and couldn't tell who was playing a few hours later.

My day was a hell, couldn't remember where the key was, my glasses, shopping notes, I spent my day looking for lost things.

But I feel well now. World cup was not long ago! So it disappears with treatment. What seems to have helped for me was metal detox plus the KMT. I'm still on both.

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jggrl
Member # 9470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jggrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm relatively new to the Lyme circle (if I'm right I've only had it for 11 or 12 months) but I also have similar memory problems. My background is before all the Lyme gunk I was constantly performing in theater, which shows that I had to have a good memory. I was attending high school and often at the same time perfoming in anywhere from 2 to 4 shows at once =D(a bit of an overload i'd say) To remember your studies and remember not only your lines but which lines go to which show takes a lot of memory. It also requires you to remember which rehearsal is where and when and what assignments you have to do which day--and yet, I hardly ever needed to use a planner. I also really enjoyed making 'clever' or 'witty' remarks when I spoke--using cliches and creative words, stuff like that

Anyways, now with the lyme I constantly have difficulty remembering how even the most common cliches like: okay never mind, I can't give an example 'cause I can't think of one. No matter what I'm doing, I have to make a list to let me know what I'm doing or what I need to do, and I have to be extremely specific or else I'll forget what I wrote down means! And I often forget things that were just barely said to me; the other day my mom told me the name of a website (I repeated it over and over out loud and in my head to try and keep it there) and then we talked for like two more sentences; after that I tried to remember it and it was gone.

I agree it's really scary. It's so frustrating because you can't understand why the heck you so suddenly can't do things that came as second nature to you before. For me it's like I know it's there somewhere and I can almost feel the space I had for it in my mind but when I try to picture it, it's blank....sometimes I feel like and wonder if I'm going crazy.

So I can definitely relate. Know you're not alone and that we'll all get through this! Just keep on...keeping on. Good luck!

Posts: 89 | From UT | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know the feeling too! I have so many notes and notebooks started to keep notes and then can't remember where I put them or forget I even started them. I have started several e-diaries....nothing seems to work. Then the doctor asks "So, what antibiotic(or whatever) works best for you?" AHHHHHHH!!!!! If I could remember I wouldn't need to be here(ok, there's other symptoms, but that's what I feel like saying). Very frustrating! Some days are better than others! On good days I think "WOW! So this is what I am supposed to be like". Take care!

orrn

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a perfect example for me.

I almost wrote another reply. I thought that I meant to but didn't write it. I forgot I wrote one already, until I scrolled up.

I don't remember what I wrote.

It's sad really. Somedays I get flairs so bad, I can't remember 2 minutes ago.

Some days are worse than others but it's been getting progressively worse.

I've just been diagnosed, though I think I've had this about 18 yrs?. I really hope people are right that it improves with treatment.

[dizzy]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

YooHooo
K-lyme
Where Are you?

k-lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for k-lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, YES, I'M HERE!! And no Carol B, I didn't forget [Big Grin] Around the time I posted this, I started to herx really bad and have been practically bed ridden since. Fortunately, starting yesterday, this herx started to let up, so here I am, BACK AGAIN!
Thank you for all your replies. Michael, your ideas are certainly innovative and I will definitely try them. You all have brought me comfort knowing that I am not the only one, though it is unfortunate because we are all in the same boat. It is sad and freakin scary to see my once pristine memory detoriating before my very eyes. Also, the explanations that each of you gave regarding your memory problems sound so very similar to mine that my fears of the lyme spreading to my brain have been validated. One more problem to put on my list of problems to take to the LLMD I suppose [Frown] . I am so sorry for each and everyone of you, its not fair.
-Miss Carol B, aren't you quite the comedian! [Razz] You definitely put a smile on my face. And to answer your question, yes, I have been in treatment since January of '04, everything from IV's to mepron to oral antibiotics, NOTHING HAS WORKED [Mad] . I think the reason for that is because my LLMD keeps finding out new things wrong with me all the time [example: new co-infections, heavy metals posioning (which I am being treated for) etc.] Its been three years and they still have figured out everything that is wrong with me.

-John, unfortunately for you, and me, our stories stories are so similar it is SCARY. Thank you for the mental tips, I have a feeling one of these days, they might come in handy.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU [bow]

Take care all,
K-lyme

Posts: 227 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jggrl
Member # 9470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jggrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so one good thing about this is everything's funny like it's the firt time again! I came back to this and, though I had recollection of the initial thread, had no recollection of what I wrote or what others wrote....so I could go back through and read all of everyone's witty jokes again and laugh like it was the first time! [lol] [bonk] [dizzy] oh golly.
Posts: 89 | From UT | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading this a while back -- I think!

I have forgotten where I have parked my car several times (this is one of the tip-offs that something was wrong with me, as well as other symptoms!).

I also have forgotten what I was saying mid-way through a sentence on too many occasions to remember. (Since I am a teacher, this is a very problematic symptom!)

Memory problems are some of the worst of lyme for me.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had severe memory problems my first 6 months of Lyme. They started to improve once I got an LLMD & stronger drugs. Detox helps too (podi patches every night, Epsom salt baths, tons of water etc).

I used to just stare into space since I couldn't remember what I was thinking or even remember that I was thinking. I could not read, follow a movie,TV show or a conversation. Now after 26 months of abx my memory is pretty good. I still have trouble reading sometimes. I space out and forget what I just read.

I am once again able to multi task and carry out fairly complex reasoning. This is a huge improvement. When I first met my LLMD he asked me to count backward by 3 starting at 203. I could not remember both parts of the instructions: what to do and where to start. It was absolutely impossible. He asked me who the president was and I couldn't remember that either.

One night I arrived home absolutely thrilled I was able to walk home from a meeting. (I had been to weak to walk prior to that). Around midnight I remembered that I had driven to work that morning. My car was at a meter that turned to a tow zone late at night. I had to take a taxi to go retrieve my car.

Hoping you find the right drugs and start to get your memory back.

hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What was the question?" Should be tatooed on my forehead. [Big Grin]

seriously, sticky notes in all my rooms help. That is, if I remember to write the thought down before it flys out of my head.

I interup people to get my thoughts out before they fly away again. Drives my hubby insane. He should get a medal or something.

My biggest challange now is getting rid of my blank mind. You could roll a bowling ball up there & not hit anything. [Big Grin]

When my mind is blank so much its hard to concentrate & rememeber stuff.

Alot of people I know say they can't turn off the internal chatter. Always they worry about the past & future.

I was reading a book called "dog is my co-pilot". A collection of short storys. Each story is only 3-4 pages long. Easy to read.

In the book there's a story about how dogs can live in the moment because they don't have lanuage clatter running through there minds . About how most meditation experts strive for a quiet mind for years. I would like to believe this is a good thing.

I would like to be happy with my quiet mind. Its just a little too quiet.

I would also like to be content to live in the moment like my 2 dogs.

Not whinning. 3 years of tx & I am not staring into space for long periods. And I can follow conversations better.

Now what was the question? [Big Grin]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my golly. I love this thread. [slides cursor down to check to make sure it's the right thread.]

I can't follow a movie either, my 14 year old has to tell me repeatedly what's going on, who's the bad guy, who's the good guy, and so forth. She sighs...

I look at work I did just weeks ago (sometimes quite impressive stuff!) and don't remember writing it.

I've been reminded of events which even AFTER BEING REMINDED I cannot recall, except very dimly.

Sometimes I cannot follow a conversation.

If a tv is playing or music is on, I cannot follow a conversation enough to participate. If the fan or A/C blower is on in the truck very loud, I can't concentrate enough to remember how to drive. This is truly pathetic, I know.

I have been in treatment for a year and four months for lyme and babesia WA1.

I would say memory has improved a little, but not exactly an impressive degree.

It's refreshing and hysterical to read these accounts.

I agree that the best approach is to learn to laugh about it, as for a long time I tried to cover it up or bluff my way through it (which clearly had no one fooled)!

[Eek!]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement