LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Infrared sauna???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infrared sauna???
cawpo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cawpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have neuro Lyme and am considering the purchase of a infrared sauna.

What health benefits if any, have you received from using a infrared sauna? Any relief of neuro symptoms? Has anyone with neuro Lyme had any bad experiances using an infrared sauna?

Which brand are you using? Pros and cons of your sauna? You may PM me if you wish.
Thank you for the information.
Cheryl

Posts: 109 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIR's have been talked about it here many times. Do a search and you will get all the different opinions.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cawpo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cawpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any new comments???
Cheryl

Posts: 109 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cheryl,

I have done so much research on these and am still waiting to get the right one. Instead, I have built my own for the interim - made with the infrared bulbs and I place them under a table for now. I did that through Dr. Wilson's website. I purchased a llittle kit type thing through him and then just started making my own. You can PM me if you want more details.

But, what I hope to purchase (when I can afford it) is my dream come true. It is half old fashioned heater combined with the far infrared. The wood is hypo-allergenic - poplar and glass. And there are all sorts of different models. The one I want is pretty expensive - in the area of $3,500, but they do payment plans over three months. I can do cheaper with them and buy a smaller one with only FIR, but I really want the option of the regular heater that I can throw water on the stones.

I have also heard that High Tech health is good (I think that's it - you can find that info on Lymenet), and there were a few others that seem good. from what I can tell, poplar wood is the way to go for people with multiple chemical sensitivites (which I have).

So - to sum -

1) If you want to save money, check out Dr. Wilson's website (I don't know if he still makes the kits but you can call the number there). They also sell one already built on their website for a reasonable price - like $1500 or so. But that is only straight infrared - NOT far infrared. But there are those who claim this is even better than FIR.

2) check out high tech health and heavenly heat saunas. And the other ones that people talk about on Lymenet. And maybe try and stick with the poplar wood.

Good luck... let me know if you have more questions.

Sara

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement