LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » carpal tunnel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: carpal tunnel?
firepipersnurse
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firepipersnurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone experience carppal tunnel since being bitten? i started to notice this a few weeks ago and thought must be lyme related since i'm not on a computer all day, well since being bitten i have been....lol...but then sometimes i have a hard time distringuishing what part of my arm feels funny? sometimes it seems like it comes from my back (scapula) all the way down and sometimes it's my upper arm, talk about sounding like a nut case when people ask your symptoms....

gee i don't know sometimes i feel like my fingers freeze, but then it feels like tendonitis in my elbow, is it me?

i'm actually feeling better since being on the doxy....half my face keeps going numb but i woke up this morning feeling 70 instead of 100 so that's progress right? can't wait for the day i wake up feeling 39 as i only have a few months of that age left....yikes

karen

Posts: 68 | From uxbridge, mass | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen, that's another lyme symptom. I've had it bad so PCP recommended the carpal tunnel wrist splints, and they do help.

Also have used them at bedtime since that's when my hands ache/throb at that time of the night.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was misdiagnosed with tendinitis in my wrists before Lyme. I thought it was carpal tunnel at first.

It turned out the direct cause was actually tight muscles in my thoracic area that referred the pain to my hands and wrists. The tight muscles were caused by the Lyme.

If you use wrist braces, be careful not to overuse them. I was told to wear wrist braces constantly, and the pain became much, much worse because my hands and wrists were so weakened from lack of use.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karen

Yep I had the carpal tunnel type stuff--

I figured that I had worn out my wrists
racing motorcycles--
It hurt like Hello--
I could not hold a pencil or hold a beer--

Looking back I think it was caused by Babs mostly-
after I started babs treatment my joint pain
is 99% gone--

Before I started babs treatment I took
Glucosimine Sulfate -2000 mg a day-
It Really helped --Im sure that if I
had not taken the glucosimine is would be in
a wheel chair now--For Sure--

For me Babs caused at least 80% of my joint pain--

Babs causes joint pain that is transziot
(moves around day to day)
and it is extreamily painful--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B vitamins and especially B6 can help with this. Pretty sure I have posted on this previously -- will look for the thread.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement