LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » frustrated with mold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: frustrated with mold
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am so sorry to be bothering the board agian with my problems Or challenges.

I saw my alternative LLMD yeterday. I again have evidence of exposure to asepergillus (mold) and sinsutitis as result. This has been an ongoing problem since February. And really interfering with my treatments, ability to concentrate and read.

In Febuarary I suddenly started feeling ill after I moved into a new apartment. My doctor did energetic testing, found aspergillus which he had not dected before. We concluded it was the new apartment. So after all the trouble of moving into an new apartment, I had to pack again and move. It was a frustrating experience but I thought I could finally settle into a apartment that was free of major toxins. .

I got somewhat better after numerous treatments for the aspergillus, but never back to baseline.
Even after moving into my new apartment, three seperate energetic practioners have found evidence of aspergillus in my body, which was not there last year. My body should have cleared it by now, but I am most likely being re-expsoed to a concentrated amount.

So, I am trying to figure out what could be the explanation and how to solve it. I could have brought the apsergillus with me from the prior apartment, but I threw away all bedding (I had no sofa or mattress) and linens. And ozonated my new apartment and clothes daily for two weeks.

My new apartment could have the same mold as the old aparmtne (in the AC, vents). That would be really bad luck. . The idea of moving againn when I am so ill is anxiety provoking.

Or the mold could be in one of the two places that I go to regularly (a
neurotherapy/pyschotherapy clinic and a excerecise studio).

Or I could just be having a hard time clearing it from the sinsues...

To make matters worse, I bough a specific air filter with an ozonater to clear mold off ebay, was sent the wrong one. I unit I was send does not produce ozone. And I can't afford to get the proper one now.

Well, I am tired and but tomorrow will have to figure out how to approach this. An ND suggested I get mold test plates from home depot and put them in each room in my apartment.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh!! What a bad set of circumstances! I know someone who had to move several times because of mold. UGH.

The exercise club could be it too. That's for sure.

Bringing this up for the experts on mold issues!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
serendipity !

I'm sorry to hear about the mold problem. It sounds as if you've really tried a lot -- especially moving and ozonating!

I'm sensitive to mold too. I have a few thoughts from things that I've read and tried. You may already know most of them, but I thought I'd try:

1) If you have potted plants, get rid of them. Mold hides in soil. It's a dilemma, since many plants are known as being great for cleaning indoor air.

2) Can you put in your own air-conditioning units? If so, you can buy those magnetized vent-blockers and try to seal off the central ac vents.

3) Also hang a bunch of those volcanic ash/rock bags you can get at the hardware store -- they draw moisture out of the air and are terrifc for closets and basements -- they also can be dried out by placing them in the sun. [I tried to get my gym to place these around, but they wouldn't -- so, I quit.]

4) Avoid wall to wall carpeting, especially if it is directly installed over tile or concrete. The tile/concrete will sweat in humidity and the carpet will absorb it.

5) Is bathroom ventilated by a fan? Are the ceilings stucco (it absorbs moisture)?

In regard to exercise places, I just read a gross but effective article about fungus that people catch from shared exercise mats and carpets. Ewww!

Last but not least, sunshine and ventilation are key in apartment searches -- avoid basement dwellings or dark apartments.

I have a feeling you are already doing the anti-yeast diet too. But if not, it does lower your mold load. Good luck in getting that air-filter/ozonator. I find room-sized air-purifiers with negative ion feature has always helped during damp/rainy stretches.

Best of luck with all you are taking on,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a mold problem and it took antifungal nasal washes, avoidance, and Cholestyramine to contril it.

It's nasty stuff and can't be taken lightly.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would do the mold test plates, but not from HD. I am not familiar with their plates, but I did 4 plates through a lab that my doctor suggested for 120 dollars. If you want the details, PM me for the contact info.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you mentioned the sinusitis, it reminded me that there is a specific bacteria that can lurk in those cavaties that is extremely difficult to eradicate. And, of course I can't remember the name of the bacteria or the abx, but it is a part of Dr. S (Mold Warriors) protocol. The abx is available only as a nasal spray. Are you familiar with this?
Sometimes I wonder if detox protocols need to be changed occasionally. CSM worked great for my daughter the first time, but not subsequently. I don't think her current protocol (German homeopathic) are working all that well. Has anyone had success in finding something that works consistently?

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also read many of Gigi's posts regarding detox methods..

It could be the new apartment or the other places you mentioned but I suspect that you may have such a load of it that you have not eliminated it yet.

We put large air filters around and also a dehumidifier in one room..

We don't have central air so we do not have to deal with the possibility of contaminated ducts that can't be cleaned, but we do change the filters regularly in the window units.

I was told about a machine with chemicals that was used after Katrina..I read where it was very effective but also expensive..Thousands of dollars, so that let us out.

Good luck..My daughter is also taking Diflucan.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity, this is awful - so sorry this is happening to you.

I posted this earlier in the month to one of Klutzo's threads..... I wonder if something like this could help you get rid of this problem?

Sinusitis treatment:

Dr. V. said........ that another treatment that has made a huge difference is one that Dr. Teitelbaum developed with Cape Apothecary. It consists of Sporonox 0.2% to kill the fungus, xylitol to keep the staph from clinging to the mucous membranes, Bactroban, Beclamethasone and Nystatin. She said that as a result of using these treatments, she doesn't have any patients with sinusitis anymore--not any.

Tracy

[ 29. August 2006, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

I appreciate all of the responses. It was nice to wake up and see that there are I can share my concernes with.

Let's see-
wisefort.

1-No plants.
2-I live in a relatively small apartment with
central AC. Since the temps have been going past. 100, I do need to use the AC.
4-I have carpeting in my apartment, and looked for an apartment in Texas without carpeting but they are rare.
5-There is a ventilation unit in the bathroom. My bathtub was clogged for a while, and I could not get maintaince to come and fix it. So that may have fostered growth of mold. (I only take showers so there wasn't much water). Now it's fixed. No stucco

In terms of treatment, I have done the german homeopathics (Pleo nig) and am still doing them, Olive leaf extract, grape seed extract, and now Cumanda. Also neural therapy. I also have bacteria (Staph and Strep) in my sinuses now.

The headaches fromt the sinsus infection are horrible, waking me up at night. I didn't realize a sinus infection could be so uncomfortable.

My doctor thinks that I haven't eradicated the aspergillus in the sinuses as it is a poorly perfused area. I had a fungal growth in the lungs wich responded to treatment in a few weeks. But lung are very well perfused.
So at this point my LLMD hasn't suggested moving. I've moved four times alone in the last year due alone!

Well, enough rambling, I do appreciate the advice.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are not feeling well yet.

Most likely it is the carpeting. You have no idea what could be in it. Any kind of drink spilled on it and not properly cleaned could be moldy. Is it possible to shampoo it with a mild bleach solution as a stop gap measure. I put just a little bleach, maybe 1-2 oz with a gallon or so of water in the machine when I do the playroom carpet, the only place I have a large rug in my house.

A little bleach in water down the drains will solve any problems lurking there. Bleach when you wash your towels will stop any mold that isn't killed in dryer or by sunshine.

Just be careful not to over do bleach. It can cause it's own allergies.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mlkeen:

not properly cleaned could be moldy. Is it possible to shampoo it with a mild bleach solution as a stop gap measure.

I put just a little bleach, maybe 1-2 oz with a gallon or so of water in the machine when I do the playroom carpet, the only place I have a large rug in my house.

A little bleach in water down the drains will solve any problems lurking there. Bleach when you wash your towels will stop any mold that isn't killed in dryer or by sunshine.

Just be careful not to over do bleach. It can cause it's own allergies.
Mel

Mel and others, I got a booklet from Wisc. allergist spec. Dr. Kroker, and it states NEVER TO USE WATER; use DRY method only . I've filed that for now, but if someone wants to know more; please send me a private message, and I'll locate. Bettyg [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Hi,
The pressure in my head is building up to the point that I can barley think. I assume this is from the sinuses....

I have tried numerous antifungals that have worked on candida in the gut, another fungus in lungs, but the sinuses are tricky...

has anyone had success with eradicating fungal infections in the sinuses?

Thanks again

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthfinder:

Sinusitis treatment:

Dr. V said........ that another treatment that has made a huge difference is one that Dr. Teitelbaum developed with Cape Apothecary. It consists of Sporonox 0.2% to kill the fungus, xylitol to keep the staph from clinging to the mucous membranes, Bactroban, Beclamethasone and Nystatin. She said that as a result of using these treatments, she doesn't have any patients with sinusitis anymore--not any.

Tracy [/qb]

I would try this!

[ 29. August 2006, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipidy,

For endless months earlier this year, I had a gruelling chronic sinus problem including the difficult cranial pressure and rampant mucous discharge.

Everything tried did not provide significant relief....Prescription nasal sprays, X-clear, solutions with GSE, mild silver protein (30 ppm Ag), Goldenseal decoctions, ad infinitem. Only Dristan gave temporary relief to the badly clogged sinuses, although the stuff has apparently contains a mercury-bearing preservative agent.

A post by GiGi alerted me to Rechtsregulat and I thoroughly read over the pdf document ``Accessible Enzymes'' given in the link below.

http://www.enzymfit.de/Accessible_Enzymes.pdf

See pages 74-75 for the description of a Chronic Sinusitis case resolved by RR.

Several bottles were ordered from www.biopureus.com and I slowly ramped up to 2 tablespoons per day. Also a 1:1 solution of RR and pure water was loaded into an old Dristan nasal spray bottle and I began spraying the solution up the nasal passages every hour during day in the first week.

Remarkably, the nasal congestion cleared out within 10 days although intermittent aching in the passages still occurs. Nasal spraying with the RR solution has continued to present although at much reduced frequency. A fungal infection is suspected but cannot be proven.

Do a search on "Rechtsregulat" and also on "Mold" and you will find further useful information.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Hi NorthernLyme,
Thank you for the information.

I am trying to figure out why it is so difficult to eradiacate the sinus infection. Do you believe that fungal/sinus infections are difficult due to the nature of the infection or that you were being re-exposed continually?

Thanks

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity,

On the question above, Dr. V told me this anti-fungal spray will get up to places in the nose that other meds can NOT reach at all.

When you spray, you spray off to the sides of each nostrel; not directly up.

The below info, page 5 of their brochure, is from:
www.missionallergy.com

toll free 1.877.662.5537

If you can NOT remove the bedroom carpet, use a DRY CARPET CLEANING PRODUCT...no name given! to remove dust and mite allergens .

AVOID SHAMPOOING CARPETS as the residual moisture can actually INCREASE MITE GROWTH.
---------------------------------

I'll post on the board too. I'm sure if you go to their site or call them, they could give you recommendations on DRY carpet cleaning product; wasn't shown in their brochure.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I know the dry method could be better, but can it kill mold and what chemicals are in it.

I only do the whole rug in the winter when the humidity is very low and the heat can be turned up for fast drying.

For spills in the summer, I lift up the rug so a fan can blow underneath for fast drying.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement