LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how much oregano?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how much oregano?
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am reading Dr Cass Ingram's book, "Natural Cures".
He suggests Oregano, due to crossing the blood/brain barrier.

here is my question.
What dosage?

Cass suggests 1 oz of Oregano Jiuce 2 x daily.
Oregacyn 2capsules x 2 daily and Wild Oregano under the tongue 10 drops daily.

Does this sound accurate?

It just seems like alot.

I have been on the capsules a few months.

Drank 1 oz twice and herxed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

BJG [woohoo]

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that Oregano acts against LD.

Against Candida it does.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought and used high quality oregano and it really damaged my stomach. It is very hard on the stomach lining!!! It took two months for it to heal after using it. I wouldn't waste your money!
Posts: 364 | From California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
improver
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for improver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a book called healing with whole foods there is a small chapter on lyme disease.

In that chapter they suggest taking raw garlic and oil of oregano as they are considered natural antibiotics. The oil of oregano is to be diluted in a glass of water. As with any suppliment you should start with a low dosw first.

I have been doing the garlic thing but haven't tried the oil of oregano yet. It's a little pricy for the good stuff.

Good luck.....

Posts: 413 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought Oil of Oregano because the doctor mentioned it working as an immune builder and a yeast fighter.

It says to dilute four drops three times daily.

If you all say it's not worth it, I'll return it before we open it.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used it, I actually had a dream about how much to take.

I have had many dreams throughout this illness, and some of these dreams have been amazing.

THE most accurate dream was my very first one, it was about the oil of oregano.

Told me to take

2-3 drops twice a day, ONLY twice a day it stressed in dream. This dream also told me to take nystatin.

I thought it was a silly dream and did not do it until about 1 year later. I kept trying to take 10 drops of oregano 2-3 times a day, would do this for a few days, then sooo sick, and would quit.

I then did the exact dosage this dream said, and WOW! it was amazing. It was the perfect dosage for ME, it may not be the dosage for you, but it was for me, but it may be worth a try for you.

It never harmed my stomach back then, I did this 2-3 drops twice a day for about 3 months, and it really helped. Deadly herxing, but it went away, the herxing slowly.

I am now on Babesia treatment with the clindamycin and quinine, and tried the oil of oregano, but CANNOT do it because my stomach

just kills me. The clindamycin is very hard on me, the stomach, so I think the added irritation of the oil of oregano does me in.

I also cannot take the garlic tablets since on the clindamycin, my stomach burns.

Try 2-3 drops twice a day if you feel like it.
FOr me, being on it every day twice a day for 3 months was the KEY to it getting me to a better level of health.

I would recommend it, but not for lyme, for candida.

It worked for me, and still works but not when on clindamycin.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Thank you all for responding.

I took the oil Oregano Oreganoto to [woohoo] have it Body Talk tested.
Then juice was fine, NO for the drops.

I wanted it to be the silver buller,confirms there is none.

Peace,
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please note there are different concentrations.

Mine was 30% and I took up to 30 drops per day.
Usually 5-8 drops in a glass of water a few times a day. Mix it well first. some people take it with a spoon of olive oil.

Yes, it can irritate the mouth and stomach. Yes, it is very effective against Candida.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BJ! Good to hear from you! Email me sometime! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement