LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question for the Ladies???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for the Ladies???
SarahC
Member # 10054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ladies,

As I suffer through this agonizing disease, I wanted to know if any of you have had breast pain associated with your Lyme?

I have the worst muscle type pain under my left breast and wondered if others experience the same thing?

Posts: 34 | From New Milford, Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do, but I have never spoken to a Dr. about it. Seems like every time I have a dr appt, something more pressing comes up. It'll be interesting to see what people have to say.

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahC
Member # 10054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear I am not alone, I swear it freaks me out and makes you think you're having a heart attack.
Posts: 34 | From New Milford, Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jggrl
Member # 9470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jggrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I have had that too, but I don't think as severe. Just a sharp pain in my left breast. It's weird I agree. But I also have never asked about it.
Posts: 89 | From UT | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It starts from the armpit and drives like a knife down the breast? Yep. 400mg of Vitamin E every day took care of that.

If you are having radiating, general breast pain, it may be a hormone imbalance. Find a good, I mean GOOD, progesterone cream.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have that! I had surgery a year before on that breast to remove a benign mass so, of course, I was afraid the mass had grown back. The LLMD ordered an MRI which showed "non specific inflammation of left pectoral muscle." It was just another inflamed muscle of the many other inflammed muscles in my body.

A heating pad worked for temporary relief. I also stayed on Advil for anti-inflammatory.

Posts: 154 | From Medford, NJ | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jggrl
Member # 9470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jggrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kelmo--that's exactly it! it starts in the armpit and drives down! thanks for putting it into words for me [Big Grin] maybe I'll try that vitamin E suggestion...
Posts: 89 | From UT | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
400mg daily did the trick.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes,left breast pain along the bottom . I was told years ago it is a clogged milk duct. It flares worse when pms. Sometimes in both.

Mosit heat helps alot.
Don't really know if its lyme related, but I didn't have it prior to lyme.

Don't know why its on the left. I usually have right sided problems, So maybe for me its not lyme.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto to all of the above.
Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breezywings
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breezywings   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy do I ever have breast pain!! I get lumps and bumps and big swellings like there is fluid a foot long down the left side of my armpit.

I have never been able to figure it out. All my mamo's come back clean. I am going to try the Vit. E. Somedays it is so bad I just lay in bed with a heating pad on.

--------------------
...~*Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming*~...

Posts: 120 | From New Jersey | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes to breast pain. I use an ST-8 machine to detox lymph and it helps. ELF is the manufacturer.
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually what you are discussing was one of the first symptoms I started with.

I called for JUST a doctors appointment to have a pain under my left breast looked at. I wasn't worried per se but wanted it looked at.

I ended up in the dr. office immediately and then admitted to the hospital.

I kept telling them that it wasn't bad enough although did get worse over the weeks. But they started running me through all sorts of heart tests.

After I was released, I was readmitted for it when it got so horrid I couldn't take the pain.

They did a heart catherization, other heart tests, said the heart was fine and must be anxiety. But this started five years ago.

Was given a steroid dose pack to help the pain.

Ended up in the ER in even worse pain than before when trying to travel for a wedding....but symptoms have spread as you know.

I would explain it as "taking my left breast off and the pain is under it".
Cathy

[ 14. October 2006, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: tdtid ]

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement