LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » re help with lynn (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: re help with lynn
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lynn finally made it to PA. we went to our first doctor's appointment today.
the doc deff feels she has chronic lyme disease based on her sx and blood test results which were CDC positive.
i'm writing this since she sleeps a lot. I'm writing this for her to tell everyone how she sincerely appreciates all the donations people have given her.
due to the high cost of the doc's first visit and the abx sum we paid due to not having insurance in the US.
any more offers of help would be a blessing to give this sick girl would help give her the care she needs for her lyme and her stay here in the US
her pay pal accout is [email protected]
ll donations will be used wisely as we have searched high and low for the cheapest pharmaceuticals we could find.
thanks
brian

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome, Brian! Tell her hi for us. I hope she gets the money she needs!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian,
How generous of you and your family to open your home and help Lynn, even when you are struglling with Lyme also.

I hope that this will be a healing time for her.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brian

Its Great what you and your family
are doing for Lynn-
she sure needs the help --Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian,
You are an angel...Maybe you could give us a ball park of how much she needs to raise and we could all chip in till she has enough?

Just a thought, sometimes having a clear goal gets everyone to commit to just a little each.

Hi Lynn [hi]
Glad you made it safe and sound. Please let us know how your apptmt went and how you are feeling. We are all cheering for you in your recovery. What meds did you get prescribed?

Hugs,
Kim

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8man12:

lynn finally made it to PA.

we went to our first doctor's appointment today.
the doc deff feels she has chronic lyme disease based on her sx and blood test results which were CDC positive.

i'm writing this since she sleeps a lot.

I'm writing this for her to tell everyone how she sincerely appreciates all the donations people have given her.

due to the high cost of the doc's first visit and the abx sum we paid due to not having insurance in the US,

any more offers of help would be a blessing to give this sick girl would help give her the care she needs for her lyme and her stay here in the US

her pay pal accout is [email protected]

ALL donations will be used wisely as we have searched high and low for the cheapest pharmaceuticals we could find.
thanks brian

Brian, thanks so much for your note. I was thinking of Lynn and wandered if she arrived ok to USA.

Glad she got to a good LLMD.

Hi Lynn, continuous prayers going to you Lynn and Brian/family who are so sick themselves.
God bless you Brian for your heartfelt generosity.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian, thank you SOO much for posting an update. I'm so glad she made it! You are VERY cool to extend your house to Lynn.

Please let us know what the doctor thinks about meds -- what regimen should she be on? What drugs? How about coinfections?

I'm sure she's relieved as well as exhausted, but happy to be in safe hands and with good care.

With the proper help, Lyme has absolutely no chance against Lynn, so it had better move on.

Keep us posted!

[group hug]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got off really reasonable, the doctor only charged 180 dollars, for the first visit. He is only going to charge her 50 for each additional visit.

It was the antibiotics, that cost. He put her on bicillin, and biaxin, as she may have had some brain damage do to haveing lyme menningitis all the times before, and was hospitalized .

She slept yesterday afternoon after her first injection, and was up 8 hours strait , through the night. Thats the first time she has stayed up that long.

The swelling in her face has even gone down, but she was getting some pain.

She has recieved 200 dollars and a ton of supplements

We bought the antibiotics already. She used her money and my family picked up the rest .

I dont want to set know amount but it need not be drastic, as i understand the cost of this illness haveing it 16 years myself, and being hospitalized for weeks at a time myself .

We have to get blood work, and with no insurance today im going to try to find a clinic for people without insurance , so it hopefully doesnt cost to much.

Just any little type of donation will help.

She is writeing down the names and going to send out thank you's as she gets a little better.

She is young she should be able to get well.

Or pray to the lord, better than she is at the present.

For kids to not have a life from this illness is terrible,

i was 28, already had a great wife and 2 lovely daughters, so i had a life.Thanks to ALL.

Even prayers are greatly appreciated. Brian

[ 06. October 2006, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: 8man12 ]

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear 8Man, thanks so much for the details this morning, they're greatly appreciated.

I have no doubt Lynn is very special.

Here's how I have tried to think about Lynn's predicament:

I try and imagine my own daughter (who has lyme, but fortunately gets good care) in a few years, at 19.

Then I try and imagine her in different circumstances, summoning the courage to strike out on her own in a new country, seeking help from strangers in a cyberspace of distrust, in an effort to save her own life.

Man, that is a TALL order. Can you imagine your kid doing that?

Let me tell you another little thing about Lynn.

When she was at her sickest, and I mean could barely write coherently, you know what she wrote about? Not herself. Nope. Her mother. How she was worried about leaving her mother, who is ill, and whether she should still come while her mother was sick. What medicines did I think might help her mother? That kind of thing.

I am officially unemployed as of two weeks ago, but if 8man12 can open up his home and help cover Lynn's meds, I can probably scare up ten bucks or so to put in her PayPal account so he will not need to pick up as much of the cost.

8man12, you're my hero!

LymeNet'ers, thank you for caring about Lynn.

[bow]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasChaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle,

What a good idea... just think, if we could each send just ten dollars, or even five...

There are thousands of people on this board, but if just a hundred of us sent something in...

Posts: 220 | From central TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasChaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian,

I don't know much about these folks, but maybe they are an option to help out??

http://www.healthcareadvocates.com/

Posts: 220 | From central TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Brian used my broken up paragraphs & replaced his.

[ 06. October 2006, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just adding a note to let others know that yes, this is a real situation, and Lynn really does need our help.

Brian has been super generous in opening his home to her and giving her a loving family atmosphere to heal in.

Hugs from NJ to Lynn. [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE FROM BRIAN ON LYNN , I received this in today's mail from Brian. I broke it up and capitalized/spaced where necessary. Otherwise, it is as Brian sent to me folks.

10-6-06
Betty,

Thanks very much, as you can see my grammar isn't the best; I was a construction worker.

Lynn is a very quiet girl, she hasn't been outta the house to do anything for years, she is very ill; it is going to be a long road.

Her Mom is very nice; I talked to her on the phone. Both of her parents were only children, so she has no family.

I think I bite off more than I can chew inviting her. BUT we are farm people and were always taught to give.

Yesterday it cost me $70 a piece for 10 syringes of bicillin. If you could spread this situation to some on the board .

Next month he is gonna go with some cheaper meds .

He said she really needed and iv, but that is economicaly impossible. So the bicillin was the
next best thing.

We have a blood panel that needs done which is $178 the cheapest i could find .

I tried to get her PUBLIC ASSISTANCE INSURANCE as
my cousin works there. He just called! He said
she first has to obtain a ``688b'' form, which I
haven't had time to look up.

If you can help me spread this around, we need all the help we can get .

Lynn asks for prayers; she, her Mom and Dad are e all sick and in a rough situation.

Lynn wasn't coming and her Mom insisted she come, and I promised her Mom that my wife and myself would do are best to help her.

It cost $165 for the plane flight, I would like to get the money to SEND HER BACK as she cries because she is worried about her Mom, because she is all she has .

I even told her if they don't help the Mom, she can bring her back along with her .

Thank you very much for all you do to help all the people on lymenet. Again please forgive my typing.
your friend, Brian , 8man12 from PENN.

Hi lymenetters, Brian has asked us for HELP for Lynn and for his family on getting reimbursed for Lynn's MEDICAL expenses plus getting her here.

So I totaled up what I read above and come up with this total figure to date of $1500; I rounded it since it was $10 below that.

This would include another $165 to fly her back home to Canada to be with her Mom

or get her and bring her back to Brian's home in Penn. would be another $330 ADDED to the total below.

$$ broken down:

180 LLMD visit
700 10 bicillin syringes
178 future blood panel to get done soon
165 air flight from Canada to Penn.
165 return flight home to Canada
---

1488 rounded up to $ 1500 total needed to date which doesn't include food, etc .

If Lynn's Mom comes back with Lynn to Brian's home in Penn., another $330 total for 2 of them totalling $ 1830.

Someone above mentioned giving $5 or $10; using those suggestions, that would mean

$5 x 300 lymies = $1500

$10 x 150 lymies = $1500

So with just 300 people giving $5 only, the $1500 could be met very easily.

Thank you for opening up your hearts as well as your pocketbook to Canadian Lynn and to Brian's family in Penn . We can accomplish this and help them as needed.

Again for those in dire assistance now, please send your thoughts and prayers to Lynn, her Mom in Canada, and to Brian/wife in Penn. who have opened up their home so that Lynn can get a good LLMD to treat her chronic lyme complications.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL or whoever you believe in!

It's stories like this that makes me appreciate every day what I do still have and our having saved for many rainy days ahead!
Bettyg [group hug] [kiss] [Big Grin]

PS TO SERENDIPITY: Thanks for catching my major math error; now you can understand why I'm having trouble balancing our monthly checkbook w/bank statement! lol [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ 07. October 2006, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian,
You are an angel, your whole family is to care about Lynn and her mother.

Betty,
it will take a few more people to reimburse Brian

280 donations * $5 = 1400
or
140 donations * $10 = 1400

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

we are setting pretty good, i dont want re-embersed though.As far as food and living expenses,i dont expect a penny,we invited here here.BUT we sincerly appreciate the kindness.And some was covered from previous donations from lymeneters.I just would like to be able to get her account up around 300 dollars.In case she has to fly home.She has 40 dollars in there now.We just got a call tonight saying her dad is now in the hospital and is very ill.I cant say ive ever seen anyone with such bad luck.
Thanks to all.

[ 07. October 2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: 8man12 ]

serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Brian, from a quick search

I-688b is an employment authorization card
obtained by filing a I-765, an application for employment authorization
Here are the forms

I765 application for 688b

More information on how to file
immigration forms and filing

However, the below link states that there will be a total elimination of form I-688b by October 1, 2006.

elimination of I-688B

I couldn't find any phone numbers on these sites.

Lastly, you may have already looked into this angel flights

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We are setting pretty good; I dont want re-embersed though.

As far as food and living expenses, I don't expect a penny, we invited her here.

BUT we sincerly appreciate the kindness . And some was covered from previous donations from lymeneters.

I just would like to be able to get her account up around $300 in case she has to fly home. She has $40 left in there now.

We just got a call tonight saying her dad is now in the hospital .

I can't say I've ever seen anyone with such bad luck. Thanks to all.

Brian, I can't agree with you more ... bad luck still just won't end for Lynn, her Mom, or Dad!

So Brian wants to get another $260 in her account NOW in case she has to fly home to be with both her Mom & Dad, who is in the hosital now!

So $5 x 52 member = $260 needed now

$10 x 26 members - $260 now....

52 members can make this happen!

Thanks Brian for your additional update tonight!
Bettyg

[ 07. October 2006, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

Betty,

Thanks for working this all out. I have sent a little by PayPal. I truly wish it could be so much more. Where are all the sick rich people? [Smile] I guess they don't hang out on this board `cuz they can afford a personal psychotherapist. [Big Grin]

Maybe we could get creative and hold fundraisers the way some wonderful folks have done for Dr. Jones' legal defense fund? E-bay, yard sales, etc.

humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the reason I keep coming back to lymenet. When desperately ill people are surrounded by ignorance and ambivalance, here they can find the compassion they deserve.

I am proud to know you all.

Brian, please give Lynn our hugs and support. Maybe a clergy member could visit her to help her sort through this painful time in her life.

Also, for you and your wife, members of the local lyme support group should be contacted for their help and support.

Please everyone-- go without something today and send a donation to this girl. We know you can't buy the extra delicious halloween candy you always eat--so there you go!

Love and healing sent your way...
Kim

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

up

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about contacting area support groups and see if someone can help you thru the needy/free meds maze. If anyone fits the criteria for this, she ought to. But it will take some paperwork and some help would probably be useful. Don't think lynn would be up to doing any of it herself.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lynn's protector:

here are some possible resources-- (what county do you live in??)

1- free "emergency" prescriptions filled. Need based, for those in Allegheny County, probably can refer you to sister groups if you're not in that county.
http://www.rxcouncil.org/faqs.htm

2- Lynn might be eligible for Medicaid. Not likely, but not impossible, as some non-USA residents are eligible for some medical benefits. Doesn't hurt to try.

http://tinyurl.com/j6lsl

3. These folks may help you indirectly with their knowledge of resources, and possibly referrals;

PA Health Law Project- advocates for Pennsylvanians who are having difficulty obtaining health benefits they are entitled to.

http://www.phlp.org/

4. Have you thought about asking for FREE airline tickets for Lynn/Lynn's parents? Here's a great list of humanitarian orgs that specifically provide free airfare:

http://tinyurl.com/nhepg

You may also consider calling and asking the Canadian embassy if they know of any financial/medical resources that are specific to Canadians while in the US.

Hope these ideas help- I'll keep searching and will let you know if I find anything elese that looks good.

Sure wish the world was filled with people like you-

Dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Help sent!

Lynn, please hang in there.

I'm betting your parents would WANT you to stay put and take care of YOU. Just knowing that you're doing that will probably give both of them great peace of mind.

From a parent's point of view, I can practically guarantee it.

I know that you're homesick and worried, not to mention sick yourself. But you've come this far. It's a wonderful opportunity to get better while you're still young and have your life ahead of you. Please stick it out!

We are rooting for you.

[woohoo]

Michelle

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

up for help
bettyg
Unregistered

Dilly, what wonderful resources you provided above. I made a note of the FREE AIR FLIGHTS and put in my newbie links/advise! Thanks for sharing this for ALL.
Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(you're welcome, Betty. [Smile]

Brian- i'm thinking this must have occurred to you already, but if not:

how about contacting Canadian lyme orgs? Maybe they can provide support of some kind to Lynn's family while she is in US, which would free her up to focus on herself for a bit.

Dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Brian,
Please keep us updated on her paypal account balance so we can keep going till we get there...

Also her health...

Blessings,
Kim

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

170.00 dollars,Lynn is doing alot better in my opinion,she says she has alot more energy.We went to a football game Saturday night,she was sick,but did well.She is on a great herbal protocal also.

Thanks to all who gave

And prayed for her as well.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

That's wonderful news, that she is already doing better

[ 08. October 2006, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: serendipity ]

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Just wanted to personally thank all those who are supporting me and have helped-you know who you are. It keeps me going.

I felt better yesterday--first day in 3 years whent out for a few hours.

I only went out for my 18 B day and 17 Bday and stayed in for the rest of the year. I was too sick and sad to go out for my 19th. so going out for one night is wonderful progress.

Just a few days with a better abx combo and proper care and supplements made me stronger--but I have a long ways to go

Today is a bad day. Feeling real sick neuro/ physical sx. very weak.

But I guess it may be a herx. I cracked and popped my bones so much this morning I scared Brian.

Anyhow even one good day will make my year as I've stayed in bed for 3.

More prayers and support is still appreciated and if anyone wishes to contribute a little it is changing my life .

Brian and his family are incredible people and have welcomed me with open arms. the supplements they gave me made me stronger and I don't sleep 18 hours a day now. Today I slept more probbaly because of a die off.

Thanks my lymenet angels for looking after me.
our goal is try to get $300 so I can be able to fly back and forth and see my family as they are not doing well and to get me the basic care I need.

we are almost there at around $170.

gonna go rest some more.
blessings to all
Lynn

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
upsy

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]

hi lynne and brian!

I dont understand paypal accounts--can you explain how I can get to it and put my tiny bit in there?

I am so glad you made it to PA! I have been thinking about you and worried about and wondering about you. It sounds like you are in good hands and that you are going to get some really good care. I am so impressed that you are doing all of this---you keep rockin girl!

again....how do a drop into your pay pal?
trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Brian and Lynn, thanks for each of your updates. Glad you got out for 1 night Lynn.

Happy you've got a little over 50% of your goal to fly home and back to Brian's home!!

Sending you endless prayers for all of you.

Trails, if you are still on here, do a search on her earlier post in GENERAL. It was detailed there how to do paypal; I don't use it so can't remember any of the details.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

Jillybean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillybean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to www.paypal.com and set up an account there.
I sent a little something again last night. It gets into her account instantly! If everyone put a little in it would really help.

Jill

Posts: 203 | From Jacksonville, FLorida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Hi everyone. feeling real achy and sick today. think this is a longer herx. Hopefully I'll have a good day again soon.

the bicillin is real strong, it even helped with the swelling in my eye balls.
Now my left is huge but my right is back to normal.

I have lot's of shooting pains all over and achy bones. hurt too much to sleep last night.

I am very grateful for all the support here.
God Bless all my lymenet guardian angels for rooting for me. Just knowing that everyone cares makes a huge difference for me.

Brian's supplements are making me stronger and I am real happy with this.

If anyone even wishes to send some extra supplements they don't need it would be wonderful as I am gaining some strength back and hopefully my body will beat this coupled with the biaxin XL and Bicillin I'm on.

we are almost at the $300 goal which will enable me to get the basic care I need.
We're at$240 right now ! Just another $60 and we will make it!!
Soo close.

my parents are both not doing well. keeping them in your thoughts and prayers is also appreciated.
I have a lot of faith that things will be ok.

Lynn

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

up

--------------------
citrus

TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

Thanks for the update, Lynn... you and your family are in my prayers.
(( HUGS ))

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks Brian for all you are doing and for keeping us informed. [kiss]

Lynn, I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Glad you are already seeing some progress.

Progress with Lyme has ups & downs. I found it very useful to keep a log to keep track of how I was doing. This was especially helpful when I was discouraged. I would read the log and see how much progress I had actually made.

I'll stop by PayPal now to send my contribution.

Does anyone know if there a way we can donate frequent flyer miles to Lynn? I have 11,500 Delta miles.

Hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea, Hats! I have some Delta miles that I doubt I'll ever use. It would be helpful to know which airlines are most convenient for Lynn to use and I'll bet we could work something out.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Lynn would first need to set up a frequent flyer account with Delta or another airline.

Then you could ask to transfer your miles to her account and would be charged a certain fee, determined by the amount of miles. I believe it is about $50 for 10,000 miles or less. A flight from the US to Canda is 35,000 frequent flyer miles.

Wow, lymenetters are coming together and being creative in helping Lynn.

Michelle M
Member # 7200

You guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!

[woohoo]

Lynn, thanks for posting your update. I don't s'pose you'll be better in just a few days, but you're "on the path." At last.

Keep the faith!

Michelle

humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Brian and Lynn,
I PM'd you both...need correct address to send my little gifts for Lynn.
Thanks!
Kim

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

firepipersnurse
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firepipersnurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry i think this is pathetic, i emailed the original sender two months ago stating that i lived about 15 minutes away from lynn....no response. i think this is a scam as we never hear from lynn at all, sure she's tired but can never get to a computer, you never see her face nothing.

shame on you and all the people who have donated, i travel alot on business and will be in pennsylvania next week, let's meet shall we? i'll make the time to meet LYNN

karen

Posts: 68 | From uxbridge, mass | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Hi Karen,

I have emailed back and forth often with lynn. she loved the little gifts and supplements I sent her in Canada..(only things a lymie would love)

This poor kid has enough bad stuff happening in her life...try to have compassion and faith.
Kim

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This crossed my mind with all the troll junk going on but I figured I'd err on the trusting side and sent her a little bit yesterday to PayPal.

I hope it isn't a scam. Karen, great idea ~ go visit her!

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

I've heard from Lynn and from others who know her. I don't doubt this in the least.

[ 10. October 2006, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: TexasChaos ]

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This trusting soul send a huge package of stuff in the Green Santa program last Christmas. Never heard a word from the family and have wondered all year if I was just the biggest sucker ever. Silly me, I just got the address, went shopping and mailed presents to people I never heard from.

I want to believe in people so bad. [confused]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firepipersnurse
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firepipersnurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgive me for questioning her,
however, i never heard back from the original sender and sent several pm's to this person. mepron could be a cover up, has anyone met lynn? i will be in the area next week and hope to actually meet her since i would be very discouraged to find out that someone on this site was collecting money in a dishonest way.

just because someone receives a package with gifts/etc doesn't mean the situation exists. this happens daily with bogus donations that eventually people try to protect themselves and send things as a reciprocal nature. did anyone notice there are several of the "same" people replying to the post each time it's sent........

i work hard for my money, if i don't meet lynn, i will let everyone know as i've made myself very flexible to meet this very sick girl..

karen

p.s., sender, haven't heard from you yet, when is lynn available, please pm me.

Posts: 68 | From uxbridge, mass | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

quote:
Originally posted by citruslyme:
[ i think this is a scam as we never hear from lynn at all, sure she's tired but can never get to a computer, you never see her face nothing.

shame on you and all the people who have donated, i travel alot on business and will be in pennsylvania next week, let's meet shall we? i'll make the time to meet LYNN

Hi Karen Look up above your post and you will see I posted two updates.

sorry for not writing earlier I just felt too sick after beginning my treatment. I am sure we've all felt that way before when starting abx.

You never PMd me ????

And the fact that you live 15 min from me is newws!!!! Why didn't you tell me? I don't know anyone with lyme here so it would be nice to have support right at home.

WE could have saved on my plane ticket and I could have gone to PA with you if you are driving.

Karen I can mail you a copy with my Western Blots which would have my full name and address .lol
They are CDC positive --can't be anymore obvious.

I am very grateful for all the help everyone has given me. My aprents are both very ill and my dad is dying in the hospital. I need to go visit him for a few days and this will enable me to see him and come back.
God Bless
Lynn

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

up

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

keep on messin up the edit/ reply parts here.
uggg brain fog .
sorry guys.

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

wait a min-- you live in Uxbridge Mass.
Where is that?
it is deff not 15 min away from my home in Toronto?

As a matter of fact I don't think it is anywhere in my Province --nor even several hours or even Canada.

Hmm now i think we have a troll here?????!!!

and I've never heard from you either??

Nor has anyone who has stepped in to help me.

Had we known , you could have been of use living "15 min from me".

Both my parents are very ill and we certainly could have asked you for help with groceries etc or even driving me to PA for you"business" as it would save us.

Furthermore I am dubious of the fact that you are travelling on business as there is a Lyme conference in PA for OCt 17 and MANY people are going.

And I post here! How can I show my face as per her request if lymenet does not offer that?

Anyhow I juts wnated to make this clear to all those who helped.

No shame-- But be proud of yourselves because you are helping change my life from all the injustice we face each day.

no more comments as I myself am questioning the validity of this poster.

p.s the threat of "checking me out" made me nervous. I am very ill and how can I trust this person if they don't even state the truth.
I am very sick and stress like this is bad for me. .
I need to rest now. have a headache and tach. I should not reply here and try to prove myself as I am too ill for this.

Those who wish to help God Bless and those who don't that's fine but please don't threaten or harass me.

[ 10. October 2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: citruslyme ]

--------------------
citrus

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

For someone to think that a person would scam for what Lynn has asked for,is terrible in my book.People called and talked to lynn,on the phone.My family picked her up at the airport she can tell you the day and flight number as i forgot it.YOU are not a very nice person in my book.I would like to call you something alot worse but i dont want booted off here.When she asked for help,and i went back and read theough her past posts,trying to tell what type of person she was,she talked on the phone for 2 months to my family,before she came.She is a very polite girl,who is very ill like the rest of us.
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mentioned donating mepron. This is a public forum and I am sure everyone here knows that sending prescription drugs to a person other than the one for whom they were prescribed is illegal. In future, it would be a good idea not to post such things on the board, as there are trolls. Be careful what you say and do. Don't want lymenet shut down because of thoughtless posts.

Would the person who made this remark, please go back and edit the post?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou is absolutely correct on the mepron or any prescriptions....

Especially with the creaps that have been around here.

Some have asked me what I think....

Here's what I think...why not search for citrus lyme and see when she first appeared here.

I'm pretty sure she has been here awhile. If this were a scheme by an unscroupulous woman or man like that thing on 20/20 and her selling her baby...how would any of us know for sure.

We would'nt....It's Strictly a matter of Faith...

There are those that would defraud Mother Tereasa,Ghandi or even Jesus...for the almighty buck.

BUY A LOTTERY TICKET and save our schools! I've heard that crap all over the country.

Look what the govt does with our taxes...sheesh...

I personally sent her a email and was sent the address to send stuff right away...that was some time ago long before the trolls showed up here in the numbers that have been here lately.

All the folks that this Massacheusetts person says are responding to her pleas are persons that appear here every day helping....

That person would know that if Massacheusetts were'nt a Troll him/herself...

I don't recognize the monicker...

So if anyone is a fraud....I know which one I would choose!

In closeing...I'm sending a little money her way...
Even if these folks that are asking are fakes(which I truly believe they are not) and are just poor...

It isn't gonna cost me much and may help a whole lot...

And let God be the judge!

OK I'm done....Ya'll do what you want...
I know what I'm gonna do and who I'm gonna believe.

zman [group hug]

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

I just spoke directly with Brian. What he and his wife have done for Lynn is nothing short of a miracle.

We have great power on this board to save lives (literally)... It can also be said that we have the power to truely hurt each other.

When we are desperately ill and confused, a lymeneters words can lift and comfort or belittle and abuse.

Let's try to have faith in each other and if we aren't sure of someone's validity, check with the moderators or scroll on by.

Lynn, it is a privledge to have you share your darkest times with us and having the opportunity to help you through this has given me purpose and strength as I battle through my own ordeals with lyme.

(I am sending your package to Canada tomorrow instead of PA.--some warm clothes, and supplements, goodies...)

Hugs,
Kim

--------------------

www.ruggierogallery.com

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Kim I couldn't express my gratitude . and thank you for your support it means soo much.

And the offer with the delta air lines sounds incredible if anyone still wishes to help with this.
I need to stay with my family and travel back and forth as my parents are ill and I don't have anyone else.
I need to see my dad in the hospital who is very ill.
So the air miles would help a lot. I can also bus it to PA and back to Toronto for $59 we checked. But the bus is more painful for my achy bones than the plane is.

Tony yes it is a good idea for those who don't believe to check my posts. I have been here for 2 years . The person who questioned me only has 60 something posts. And I've emailed you[old hotmail email] 2 years ago I think it was about ketek and herxes and you gave me your tel to call you to talk about it. I still have it in my old email [proof I've been here a while ].

sooo I will PM your tel, who else would know it? Actually your friend Ann was the first person who ever replied to my post for help on LN two years ago and gave me your email as she said you were on ketek............

My comp broke and I had to change my user name from lynliz to citruslyme one year ago.

If anyone wants to know more about me
either look up citruslyme or lynliz.

I would have a total of around 170 posts or more and a 2 year stay here.

Notice lynliz has no posts since September 2005 and has the same profile info as me--student, Canada.

And here is a link from when I asked Gigi a question and

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037103

gave her my email 2 years ago .

Notice, the email is the same as my paypal, [email protected]

Soo I've been here for 2 years.

Again God Bless for all those who have helped -don't know what I would have done without you.
Brian and his family and everyone who is supporting me are angels.
Lynn

--------------------
citrus

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]

PEOPLE: do not give in to the dark side.

[Big Grin]

and by this I mean:

LYNN is REAL and her life sux really badly right now and she needs any help you can muster up. I have emailed with her many times and have offered my home for her to stay in if she needs to be on this coast.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the pm of my email to you...believe it or not I did'nt need it as I remembered you.

Believe it or not I remember about the phases of the moon and that very email and the one Ann sent me about you.

So you did'nt have to convince me...

[hi] zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Hi Lynn-

have you checked into whether or not you are eligible for the free humanitarian flights?

Dilly

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lynn and Brian,
Glad to hear your goal is getting closer, but disgusted to read about the one person questioning all of a sudden vs. back when it started?!

fyi, Administrator LOU BACHMAN gave his blessings here for Lynn and the courage it took for her to post what she actually needed!

Since he has his tracking equipment, he would have called her a troll IF SHE WERE ONE; but she's only a figment of your imagination.

Continuing to pray for you Lynn/family on everything that is going on in your personal life that you do NOT discuss openly here in public.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

hi sometimesdilly yes I think Brian is looking into that--thanks for the suggestion. Not sure If I have to be a Us res or not for that.
and the delta idea sounds great too [Smile]

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Hi Betty thanks so much for the support and yes I am NOT a troll!!

We just made it a bit over our goal of $300 thanks to one generous person.
Woohooo.
I'm real happy by this.
Just wanted to thank all those who helped even with small amoutns like $5 , you made a difference.
God Bless.
It's wed so just gonna keep this post up till friday if anyone wants to make any last minute donations.
But I am more than thankful to my lymenet angels.
all is going towards getting me better .

today is an okay day. a little achy all over but I have hope and faith that things will be ok and God is looking after me and my family and kind gestures and support from everyone here is what keeps me going.

lynn

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trails:
[QB] [hi]

PEOPLE: do not give in to the dark side.

[Big Grin]

thanks Trails! [Smile] yes do not give into the dark side. like Betty G said Lou B gave me his blessings and would spot a troll right away so I AM real.

and Tony glad you remember me [Smile]

--------------------
citrus

firepipersnurse
Member # 9637

well sorry i'm not a troll just a person questioning authenticity of people asking for money over the internet when i personally have email this person and pm'd this person since i am from mass, which is where i grew up, i travel as a nurse every three to five months all over. i think stating i'm a troll means i'll never get to meet the person because "i'm at risk" whatever, that's definately not the case.

however, to help lynn's plight, i know a very good friend who is a reporter near lynn in pennsylvania, i think a human interest story on her behalf would generate alot of income for her plight, if people see a picture, read a story, they'll send donations so lynnn can continue to recover and she can travel back and forth in her illness to see her ailing parents.

so no i'm not a troll but people sending drugs to people is illegal....by the way...and shouldn't be encouraged and also by the way, i received 14 pm's from people also questioning the authenticity of this saga which continues to just ask for money, money, money.......

strange isn't.

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Just to close off-- wanted to say a heart felt thank you to everyone who helped --we reached that goal and we are very pleased.

The saga goes on just to ask for emotional support and prayers over the internet at this point which I don't believe requires more than a humabeing to do. I am still ill as are my parents so just any positive energy and support is appreciated and is priceless.

To firepipe--it is illegal to stalk people as well by the way LOL [Smile]

and nowhere here did we mention getting unprescribed meds . Brian bought me Bicillin that was rx by an MD just to make this clear. [Smile]

p.ps also got Pm's about you considering you only joined in July and wish to track me down and take my pic , quite creepy to be frank [Eek!]

And didn't you say you lived 15 minutes from my home in Toronto???
That's more like 15 hours and another 8 to Brians.
Ok no more comments.

--------------------
citrus

CLC
Member # 7112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,
Don't bother yourself with this. You don't need to use all the energy defending or proving who you are. You need that energy to get well. We all know what a drain it is expending just the littlest bit of energy.

love to all,
Connie
[hi]

Posts: 81 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-FL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lynn,

I, like so many, am sorry to see you feeling that you have to defend your position and prove your need to only one person who has questioned.

Some people doubt everything; too bad they can't be optimistic and positive as you are, even in times of dispair.

I'm glad to know that your account balance is rising. Having had corresponded with Brian, I feel that he and his wife are doing a wonderful thing for you to be taking on expenses that even they did not anticipate, and you have done a wonderful job of showing them, and the donors here on Lymenet, your appreciation. We all enjoy hearing from you and knowing how things are going so that we can share the joys and the sorrows. We care!

It is good to know that my husband and I might have been able to lessen the stress by just a little with our small contribution. I'm sure that others who have given feel good about being able to help, and I hope that more, who are able, will find it in their hearts to do the same. In this case, "able" means anyone who can send just a little, and it will add up to help you meet your needs.

Love and peace,
Nancy

Posts: 119 | From Southwest Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

quote:
Originally posted by firepipersnurse:
did anyone notice there are several of the "same" people replying to the post each time it's sent........

i work hard for my money, if i don't meet lynn, i will let everyone know as i've made myself very flexible to meet this very sick girl..

karen

I gotta admit, Karen, you got me here. I'm part of the scam. Yup -- me, Human, Trails -- you know -- those "same people" who keep replying on Lynn's posts. It's one a those scams where someone earnestly, desperately needs help. Someone big-hearted jumps in - Brian in this case -- and gets the ball rolling. Then the caring just kind of pays forward.

Y'know?

Well, maybe you don't.

However, if I was Lynn, and I had this kind of greeting from you, I would be turning off my porch light fer sure.

Lynn, you're doing a commendable job to rise above all of this.. For a 19 year old it's pretty amazing. Don't let it get you down! Thanks to all the cool LymeNet people for caring.

Michelle

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn, what wonderful news you made the $300 goal you set to fly home to spend quality time with both of you sick parents; what a trio you 3 are!

We will pray for all of you; each going thru your own illness. Keep up your faith.

Good job defending yourself; but don't wear yourself out either. Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

Nancy-FL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up, please
Posts: 119 | From Southwest Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Yes it is wonderful isn't it? now i can travel between LLMd and family !

Been having awful cramps in my tummy and loss of appetite that doesn't seem to go awya for two weeks now and just nausea.

It worries me. dunno why ? I started taking acidophils for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago thanks to a kind person who sent me some. I am beginning to think that maybe they are helping my tummy and that's why I have cramps?

love to all
lynn

--------------------
citrus

Jillybean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillybean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up,up,UP!!!!
Posts: 203 | From Jacksonville, FLorida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement