LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Starting Xango Questions... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starting Xango Questions...
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How should I take it? Morning or night? Empty stomach?

How much should I start taking? One ounce and increase from there based on how I feel?

What can I expect initially? More energy or a herx?

When should I be able to tell if it's helping me? Immediately or in a few weeks or months?

What is the maximum dose per day? 3 ounces?

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How should I take it? Morning or night? Empty stomach?
For best results, take it three times a day. It's best to eat a little bit of something with fat in it so all the nutrients can be absorbed. I take it right before meals.

How much should I start taking? One ounce and increase from there based on how I feel?
You might herx on it and it make release toxins....so you may want to begin slowly. I would start at 1 oz three times a day.

What can I expect initially? More energy or a herx?
Ya never know! You might just feel the energy or you might get a bad headache, or even diarrhea. Just hang in there...good things are in the horizon! Commit to taking if for at least 6 months.

When should I be able to tell if it's helping me? Immediately or in a few weeks or months?
Ya never know!! Might be days, might be weeks. Don't expect miracles since you have a nasty disease!

What is the maximum dose per day? 3 ounces?
Those with cancer often take a bottle a day, then go down to 1/2 bottle depending upon response. It is VERY safe and non-toxic, so don't have a single worry. I take 5-6 oz per day. It has "saved my life"!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 3 oz. 3 times a day. My body seems to need that much for now.

I found out yesterday my sons's girlfriend's grandmother who is 85 (I've mentioned her on here I think) has/had breast cancer that turned into bone cancer. They basically told her there was nothing else they could do.

She has been on Xango for 4 months. She went yesterday to the doctor and he told her that her bones showed no sign of cancer. I was shocked! She eats at Waffle House every morning and eats out every night with her husband.

Well, I guess it could've been the waffles!

I love it, wouldn't be without it. Anything to help boost our immune systems that is natural is what I am looking for.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karatelady:

She has been on Xango for 4 months. She went yesterday to the doctor and he told her that her bones showed no sign of cancer. I was shocked! She eats at Waffle House every morning and eats out every night with her husband.

Well, I guess it could've been the waffles!

That is SOOO awesome, karatelady!! I have someone in my group whose melanoma disappeared. I don't THINK he's been eating waffles, but who knows??! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi -- just saw your post after I posted mine. Lol.

Right, the waffles. Can you just see the menu item? -- Cancer-curing Waffle Breakfast Special! Secret ingredient!(Secret ingredient of course is the mangosteen juice)

-- Robin [Smile]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sold! As soon as I get the chance to try it I will!

I've just heard too many great testimonials from folks here and other else where to pass up.

The Xango is the only brand I will try though.

I'll keep ya'll posted when I do.

Continued success all!

DL

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any published data showing the healing effects of Xango?
Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supplement Facts for Xango:

-

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Click the link for other's opinions:

http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/wl/2006/wlAskExperts0206.html

ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really wanted to try XanGo juice, but when I saw the price I was actually very annoyed. �96 ($180) for 3 bottles here in the U.K.

I find that absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if it is that expensive in the U.S, but I feel it is a rip off here in the U.K.

There seems to be endless amount of juices just like XanGo on the market that have all these claims, they too cost a ridiculous price. I would much prefer to spend my money on something that I know will be beneficial for Lyme.

I have no doubt they probably have some health benefits as they do contain antioxidants and phytonutrients - but I personally think the price is insane for what it is.

Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The part on the label that says Mangosteen - the whole fruit juice - includes the rind or pericarp which has all the medicinal qualities that scientists have been studying for 30 years.

All I can tell you is my little lady with bone cancer no longer has it since being on the Xango for 4 months. Her doctors had sent her home as there was nothing more they could do.

Another friend who had 21 day migraines every 6 months told her new boyfriend she felt one coming on and wouldn't be seeing him for 21 days as she stays in bed. He gave her a bottle of Xango and she thought - "now that's a pretty bottle" and drank 2 ounces.

Her headache lasted two hours and she hasn't had one since. That was about a year ago I think she told me. I talked to her yesterday and asked her if they had come back and she said no!

My mother-in-law is almost pain free from arthiritis in her shoulder - she is 85 - after 4 months on the Xango, plus she is sleeping very soundly. Both my husband's sisters (one is a nurse) say - whatever you do, don't let Mom stop the Xango - she is thinking so much clearer.

I have many other personal testimonials so I know it works.

That's what is nice about this board, you can believe what you want to.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
improver
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for improver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, No wonder when I tried a bottle I had such a bad herx! I started out taking 2 ounces 3 x per day lol....

That is what the distributor told me to do. Unfortunately she doesn't know much about lyme.

After hearing all the good things I might have to try it again soon........

Posts: 413 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another mangosteen question:

Since it is a fruit juice -- is it advisable to drink while on large daily doses of oral antibiotics? I have been trying to stay away from all kinds of sugar while on abx to prevent any yeast infection, and have given up fruits mostly. Like lyme, preventing and tamping down yeast infections is an on-going struggle while on abx...

thanks for any info!

[confused]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Improver - I started out taking 2 oz. 3 times a day and it actually gave me energy starting the second day. I guess we're all so different.

I do think I've herxed on it a time or two. Sometimes its hard to know which thing you are taking is causing a herx!

Vermont - we may need to ask TuTu - as far as my stomach, I get pain from Candida easily without abx and it has helped heal it. If I was on abx, I think I would want to try it just to help kill the candida caused by the abx as Mangosteen is anti-fungal.

Sandy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Vermont_Lymie:
Another mangosteen question:

Since it is a fruit juice -- is it advisable to drink while on large daily doses of oral antibiotics? I have been trying to stay away from all kinds of sugar while on abx to prevent any yeast infection, and have given up fruits mostly.

I have found that if I space out the doses, which you're supposed to do anyway, that the ounce or two at a time is no problem.

Yes, it is an anti-fungal, but don't overdo the dosage while on abx. I took 3-6 oz a day while on abx, and now since being off abx, I'm taking 5-6 oz a day.

I'm one who notoriously has had yeast problems while on abx. But as long as you're not eating candy and cookies and all the other bad stuff, this should not be a problem for you.

The benefits are incredible. I could spend two hours telling you of personal stories in my group, but none of us have that much time here!

If you want to hear a few, call me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TuTu and Sandy!

This sounds promising and I am looking forward to trying it.

Be well. [Smile]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Hi Ed - nice of you to join us! [hi]

I was wondering where you were!

Sandy

jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetoo and Sandy,

Thanks for the tips and stories!

Because of my present condition, I'm choosing to err on the side of caution, so I started with 1/2 an ounce yesterday and then took 1 ounce today. I plan to work on increasing it up to 2-3 ounces 3 times a day and see how I feel from there.

I'm quite sensitive to things and usually don't require too much to do some good for me, so maybe a little bit will go a long way for me. We shall see!

With people having such great results and knowing that the xanthones are a good thing, I figured what the heck do I have to lose! Besides that, I see that it sure couldn't hurt, after my trying more expensive things and them doing nothing for me.

I have to at least try it and see what happens is my motto! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'll keep you posted...

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

P.S. I may even add in some waffles for good measure, just to see what happens! Hahaha! [Smile]

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Jennie,

That sounds like a good plan.

Sandy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You're welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Xango is great. Have been taking it for a few months. I don't have Lyme, so I just take a couple of ounces once a day.

Hubby takes a couple of sips a day...when you compare it to the cost of ABX, etc.... I figure it's worth it.

I have noticed that it seems to have cleared up my sinus type problems.

Just a note for any who are taking it: it does thin the blood. So if you are on any type of blood thinners, you need to be aware of that fact.

Take care all.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Boomerang,

Hmm...

I'm on Heparin for hypercoagulation, as well as Nattokinase. I do get a CBC, CMP, PT, PTT, INR, and Fibrinogen blood test every 10 days though. So, I should be okay then, right?

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, it's good to keep a check. I don't think it's really a blood thinner. Not from what I've read.

My mother took it while on coumadin. No problems.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi --

Great discussion about mangosteen!!

1st, a response for ChrisBtheLymie: the company, Vitacost, carries the Ultra Mangosteen, which sells for $9.53(cheapest of all of them, I think), and will ship overseas. It is my favorite brand of the ones I have tried. I have not tried Xango yet. Sounds like Xango may be the strongest version of them all, but at least starting with the Ultra gives you a chance to start on the mangosteen.

2nd, a response to LymeED: I have been drinking the Ultra Mangosteen juice version for 2 weeks, with fantastic results so far(tremendous reduction in pain symptoms). I have no financial connection with any company at this point, and I've had no discussions with any LLMDs telling me to try the juice. I think each one of us is different and will have our own responses to everything.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started taking 4 to 6 oz a day and, after a few weeks, honestly haven't noticed any difference.

My sinuses are still giving me problems, I continue to deal with periodic numbness in my foot and some minor cognitive things.

I realize I may still be at the beginning stages and will continue trying this (I can't see the harm, frankly), but for me, it isn't proving the miracle other people have found it to be...at least not yet.

Just shows that everyone responds differently to everything!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

I've been on Heparin for a year and a half and have blood checks every 3 weeks.

Just in the past few weeks, I was able to get off the Heparin as my blood has finally thinned enough.

It could be the Xango since I've been on it for awhile now. I'm just glad to not have to take any more shots in my stomach twice a day and have a bumpy, purple stomach all the time.

Don't get me wrong, its way worth it when you have "thick blood" from bacteria and viruses.

Its just one less thing I have to deal with right now so I'm happy.

I want to add this - Xango goes to the areas that need to be addressed - if you don't need your blood thinned - I believe it won't do so. That's what I've seen with others on it - it helps everyone differently in the areas their body needs it.

Sandy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
- if you don't need your blood thinned - I believe it won't do so. That's what I've seen with others on it - it helps everyone differently in the areas their body needs it.

I think that's right!

Andie....taking Xango?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Andie,

I try to remember this - when I was put on thyroid hormones and others, it took about 3 months to notice a difference.

It takes time for antioxidants to kill free radicals. I think the inflammation may help sooner but everyone is so different its hard to say.

My mother-in-law was sooo skeptical as she is 85 and doesn't try "newfangled things." On her first month, she wasn't sure.

Around the second month, she said she thought she noticed a difference.

Her third month she was sold - sleeping better, arthritis in shoulder pain almost gone and her mind was clearer.

Now she wouldn't live without it. It takes time for our bodies to heal.

Sandy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:

Now she wouldn't live without it. It takes time for our bodies to heal.

Ditto!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladylee210     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andie,

My nasal passages got worse in just 2 doses (1 oz each).

I do beleive in the product and I'm glad it is helping others - however for me right now as I am yeasty - I'm guessing that is why I get more congestion - and Xango has sugar in it.

Maybe that is the key - maybe if your not real yeasty - you could handle it but those that are may have to wait until later on - as I hope to do myself.

Posts: 374 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ladylee...perhaps it was clearing toxins!?

That would be MY guess!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy,

What you said makes a lot of sense to me, and I also really appreciate the time frame you sketched out re your grandmother; that helps me put this in some perspective.

Xango, too...it was a gift.

And yes, I'll stay with it. I want to give it an honest try before I dismiss it.

Ladylee, I haven't seen anything worse wtih my sinuses, just no improvement.

But I do tend to be impatient...so I'll try and calm that a bit and see.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Hi --

Response for Ladylee: I have candida and the juice hasn't bothered me. I think it's because the juice is antifungal.

Now, I'm not a doctor, so maybe a doctor who works with the juice or someone who knows what the medical response is to this question is better suited to answer the candida question?

2nd, wanted to report a testimony that came in today: a friend with Lyme/co-infections called to say he was having a great response to the Ultra Mangosteen juice.

He said he was able to fly, flapping his wings very fast, to NYC, run up the Empire State Bldg stairs and back down, and fly back to the West Coast, all before his morning yoga class.

How's that for a testimony? What I'd like to know is if he had any waffles to eat that morning...

By the way, it sounds like the Xango mangosteen juice is an excellent product, but some of us Lymies don't have a lot of money to spend, so it's helpful to know that the Vitacost company offers the Ultra Mangosteen at $9.53/bottle plus $4.99SH for any amount ordered.

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladylee210     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin ..

How does this product compare to the real Xango?

Posts: 374 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Lymetoo...

You could be right, with all this talk lately about Xango I'm thinking of venturing in again.

PS - I think in another post I put a price of 100.00 a bottle, I meant it was 100.00 for the case (4) bottles.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Lady...I know of tons of people with a positive response for allergies and related problems like asthma.

I'm sure, in my mind, it was the toxins clearing out.

From what Robin has told me back channel, she hasn't tried Xango. She would be in for a pleasant surprise if she ever did!

I still say free is the ultimate "price"!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read this link!!

http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/wl/2006/wlAskExperts0206.html

Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, they're wrong, Marion!

Go to PubMed and type in "mangosteen + xanthones" and you will see the research.

I wouldn't lie to you or anyone else.

www.mangosteenmd.com
www.mangosteenexperiences.com

PS....They state that Xango comes in capsules....WRONG, VERY WRONG. You can't get a whole fruit puree into a capsule!

And I would NEVER use the word "cure" in regards to this or any other natural product. That was their word.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

List of properties in Garcenia mangostana L:

Here is what Dr. James A. Duke has to say about Garcinia mangostana L:

Dr. Duke's
Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases

Garcinia mangostana L. - Clusiaceae

Activities

The number in () indicates how many separate chemicals this species has for that activity, for example, Analgesic (3) indicates this species has three separate chemicals that have Analgesic activity. Select the activity to see the chemicals.

Acidulant (1)
Aldose-Reductase-Inhibitor (1)
Allergenic (3)
Alpha-Amylase-Inhibitor (1)
Analgesic (2)
Androgenic? (1)
Angiotensin-Receptor-Blocker (3)
AntiAGE (1)
AntiCrohn's (1)
AntiHIV (1)
AntiMeniere's (1)
AntiPMS (2)
Antiacne (1)
Antiacrodynic (1)
Antiaggregant (1)
Antiaging (2)
Antiakathisic (1)
Antialcoholic (1)
Antiallergic (2)
Antialzheimeran (1)
Antiamblyopic (1)
Antianemic (1)
Antianginal (1)
Antianorectic (1)
Antianxiety (1)
Antiaphthic (1)
Antiarabiflavinotic (1)
Antiarrhythmic (1)
Antiarthritic (1)
Antiasthmatic (2)
Antiatheromic (1)
Antiatherosclerotic (3)
Antibackache (1)
Antibacterial (4)
Antiberiberi (1)
Anticalculic (1)
Anticancer (1)
Anticarcinomic (2)
Anticardiospasmic (1)
Anticarpal-Tunnel (1)
Anticataract (2)
Anticheilitic (2)
Antichilblain (1)
Anticoagulant (1)
Anticold (1)
Anticolitic (1)
Anticonvulsant (1)
Anticoronary (1)
Antidecubitic (3)
Antideliriant (1)
Antidepressant (3)
Antidermatitic (1)
Antidiabetic (3)
Antidiarrheic (1)
Antidote (Aluminum) (2)
Antidote (Cadmium) (1)
Antidote (Lead) (2)
Antidote (Paraquat) (1)
Antidysphagic (1)
Antieczemic (1)
Antiedemic (1)
Antiencephalitic (1)
Antiencephalopathic (1)
Antiepileptic (1)
Antifatigue (2)
Antifeedant (1)
Antiflu (1)
Antigastritic (1)
Antigingivitic (1)
Antiglaucomic (1)
Antiglossitic (1)
Antiheartburn (1)
Antihemorrhagic (1)
Antihepatitic (1)
Antihepatotoxic (1)
Antiherpetic (2)
Antihistaminic (2)
Antihyperactivity (1)
Antihyperkeratotic (1)
Antihyperkinetic (1)
Antihypertensive (4)
Antiichythyotic (1)
Antiinfertility (1)
Antiinflammatory (2)
Antiinsomniac (1)
Antiinsomnic (1)
Antikeratitic (1)
Antilepric (1)
Antileukoplakic (1)
Antilipoperoxidant (1)
Antilupus (1)
Antimastitic (1)
Antimeasles (1)
Antimenorrhagic (1)
Antimigraine (3)
Antimutagenic (4)
Antimyocarditic (1)
Antineuralgic (2)
Antineuramidase (1)
Antineurasthenic (1)
Antineuritic (1)
Antineuropathic (1)
Antinitrosic (1)
Antiobesity (3)
Antiorchitic (1)
Antiosteoarthritic (1)
Antiosteoporotic (3)
Antioxidant (2)
Antioxidant Synergist (1)
Antiozenic (1)
Antiparkinsonian (2)
Antiparotitic (1)
Antipellagric (2)
Antiperiodontitic (2)
Antiphotophobic (2)
Antipityriasic (1)
Antipneumonic (1)
Antipodriac (1)
Antipoliomyelitic (2)
Antiporphyric (1)
Antiproliferant (1)
Antipsoriac (1)
Antipyretic (1)
Antiradicular (2)
Antiscorbutic (1)
Antiscotomic (1)
Antiseborrheic (1)
Antiseptic (3)
Antishingles (1)
Antispasmodic (2)
Antistress (1)
Antisyndrome-X (1)
Antitic (1)
Antitubercular (1)
Antitumor (4)
Antitumor (Breast) (1)
Antitumor (CNS) (1)
Antitumor (Colon) (2)
Antitumor (Lung) (2)
Antitumor (Stomach) (1)
Antitussive (1)
Antiulcer (4)
Antivertigo (1)
Antiviral (2)
Antixerophthalmic (1)
Aphidifuge (1)
Apoptotic (1)
Asthma-preventive (1)
Beta-Adrenergic Receptor Blocker (1)
Beta-Blocker (2)
Beta-Glucuronidase-Inhibitor (1)
COX-1-Inhibitor (1)
COX-2-Inhibitor (1)
Calcium-Antagonist (1)
Calcium-Channel-Blocker (1)
Cancer-Preventive (6)
Cardioprotective (1)
Cardiotoxic (1)
Chemopreventive (1)
Cold-preventive (1)
Collagenic (1)
Colorant (1)
Cytotoxic (1)
Demulcent (1)
Detoxicant (1)
Disinfectant (1)
Diuretic (4)
Dye (1)
FLavor (2)
Fistula-Preventive (1)
Fungicide (2)
Gastroprotective (1)
Hemostat (2)
Hepatoprotective (1)
Hypertensive (1)
Hypocholesterolemic (4)
Hypoglycemic (3)
Hypolipemic (1)
Hypolipidemic (1)
Hypotensive (3)
Hypouricemic (1)
Immunostimulant (3)
Insectifuge (1)
Interferon-Synergist (1)
Interferonogenic (1)
Irritant (1)
Laxative (1)
Laxative? (1)
Lithogenic (1)
Litholytic (1)
Mucogenic (1)
Mucolytic (1)
Mycobactericide (1)
Odontolytic (1)
Osteogenic (1)
Peristaltic (1)
Pesticide (4)
Phagocytotic (1)
Prooxidant (1)
Prostaglandin-Synthesis-Inhibitor (1)
Refrigerant (1)
Sedative (1)
Serotoninergic (1)
Thymoprotective (1)
Topoisomerase-II-Inhibitor (1)
Tyrosine-Kinase-Inhibitor (1)
Ubiquiot (1)
Uricosuric (1)
Urinary-Acidulant (1)
Vasodilator (5)
Vulnerary (1)

-------------------------------------------------
Cite as: Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases. [Online Database] 10 October 2006.
-----------------------------------------------
Dr. Duke's Credentials:

Born in Birmingham, Alabama in 1929, James A. "Jim" Duke is a Phi Beta Kappa PhD (botany, 1961) graduate of the University of North Carolina. Jim, following military service, undertook postdoctoral activities at Washington University and Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri.

There he began studies of neotropical ethnobotany, his overriding interest to this day. From 1963 to 1965, Duke was ecologist with the USDA (Beltsville, Maryland), joining Battelle Columbus Laboratories (1965-71) for ecological and ethnobotanical studies in Panama and Colombia. During this formative period, Duke lived with various ethnic groups, closely observing their deep dependence on forest products.

The first of some twenty books, his Isthmian Ethnobotanical Dictionary catalogs hundreds of Isthmian plants and their uses. Rejoining USDA in 1971, Duke had assignments relating to crop diversification, medicinal plants, and energy plant studies in developing countries.

A popular lecturer on the subjects of ethnobotany, herbs, medicinal plants, and new crops and their ecology, he has taped dozens of TV and radio shows. There is a good biographic sketch in the Sep/Oct-1991 issue of EastWest magazine. The National Agriculture Library has a video history of Dr. Duke's career and development.

Duke grows dozens of interesting plants on his six-acre farmette (Herbal Vineyard) with his wife and illustrator, Peggy. On Sept. 30, 1995, he retired after 30 years with the USDA.Before retiring, Dr. Duke brought his Father Nature's Farmacy database online at USDA. It is now, in Duke's retirement, one of the most frequently consulted database with the Plant Genome Project at USDA.

The URL address is: http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke
Duke has already doubled the data content in the interactive database he maintains as Director, Duke's Herbal Vineyard, Inc. The database is especially useful for determining biological activities and healing potentials of food ands herbs.

Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Seriously? Did he perform a study proving these actions?
Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Sandy,

How much xango does the grandmother take?

Also thought I'd give you heads-up that your mailbox is full

Andie

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Hey Andie,

The one with cancer was taking 3 ounces, 3 times a day I believe.

My husband's mother, with arthritis takes 2 oz. twice a day. They are both 85.

I'll go clear out my mailbox ~ thanks!

Sandy

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Takedownthemoon,

Yup ~ that's what the article says. He has been one busy guy! You can check out his website if you are interested in more information.

Sandy

Robin123
Member # 9197

Ladylee -- I don't know how Ultra Mangosteen compares to Xango, as I haven't tried Xango yet. So far, I've tried Ultra Mangosteen, MangoXan and Naturally Thai. For me, they are all strong. -- Robin
Robin123
Member # 9197

#2 comment for Ladylee -- re Dr. Duke's research, that is one long list! I think we would get a medical education were we to find out what all those words mean!

What I've read about the mangosteen fruit so far is that it contains 43 double-bond xanthone compounds that can donate electrons to neutralize free radicals, but only 6 or 8 of them have been studied so far. Here we have this mystery fruit that is able to accomplish so much for us.

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

One thing you have to watch is these companies can boost their antioxidant claims just by putting Vitamin C in them.

I looked up one of the ones mentioned and noticed they did have Vitamin C on their label.

Sandy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Ladylee210:
Robin ..

How does this product compare to the real Xango?

Well, for one thing, Xango is the only one that is made from the WHOLE FRUIT. Very important since all the xanthones are in the RIND of the fruit.

If a mangosteen product contains the RIND, it will "settle" at the bottom of the bottle. No rind, no real benefit.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cantpredictme
Member # 9163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantpredictme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my doctor told me to drink this juice too, but she said that it is good with antioxidant relief and that it will make me feel better i just dont see how this willl in any way shape or form directly kill bacteria and make u herx. It might aid in the process of eliminating toxins from your body such as dead bacteria but i dont think it can make u herx from the drink alone.
Posts: 41 | From new jersey | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

I don't know if the juice causes herxing -- anyone? but what it does for me is I guess it reduces inflammation -- it keeps my eyes normal and reduces pain in my legs. It's anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.

And by the way, I'm drinking the Ultra mangosteen version with goji and 70 ionic mineral/vitamins added to it only 'cause it's cheaper than the xango. But the xango comes highly recommended by those who drink it...

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

So Robin

Where do you get your brand and what are the ingredients and how much do you take a day (so if these were repeated questions and or answers). [bonk]

lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K. My family of five just arrived home from our first appointment with Dr. F in LA. He suggested this juice. I have a few questions.

1. How is this juice different from taking Juice Plus supplements?

2. Is it O.K. to use with very young children, like my 7 year old daughter with lyme?

3. What exactly is the cost in this country, and kind I find it at any good health food store?

Thanks for all the help.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Lymewreck

The juice is approx. 100.00 a case (4 bottles) taken at one oz per day.

I'm pretty sure this is for one person. (could be wrong).

You can only by it from a distributor, as the stuff in the regular health food stores is not the same - cheaper but not the same.

There are others on this in this forum - you can research it, and I'm sure others will respond.

My X takes it and I'm sure it's a case a month as he get it from My X- brother who is a distributor and according to the X he's making good bucks selling this product.

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

I can tell you my experience with Juice Plus and Xango.

I took Juice Plus for a year or so and I never noticed any difference from taking it.

I've been on Xango 6 months now and can definitely feel a difference in energy, I'm completely off my heavy sleep meds and my allergies are almost gone.

One bottle is around $25 plus you pay for shipping and taxes. It comes 4 bottles to a box.

Its like a Sam's club in that you join for a one time fee and get the distributor prices.

Its the one product I would never be without (except my KMT24 which is also helping me tremendously).

Sandy

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Kara

This is like a pyramid type business as well.

How a distributor of this makes money per say is the more people they have buying under them the more money they make in there pocket.

Distributors price is what a lay person would pay - however it's when that distributor promotes - markets and sells the product that they receive commission in a sense.

I have this thing about people making money off of us Lymies - it's a huge pet peeve of mine - but I guess that is how the world works.

If I was on this product myself - I'm not sure I would feel right within my heart knowing I was making money off of so many in need, even tho it helps many as stated on this forum.

In that case and to get around that feeling I would only purchase this product for myself at the going price - but I would also encourage people to become there own distributor themselves if they approached me knowing I was a distributor - so I can sleep knowing I'm not ripping someone off who lives this horrible illness by making money....not that I couldn't use it - but to me it just doesn't sound right or isn't real to my heart and soul.

You see If I found something that worked and worked real good - I could never charge to make money - I'd want to give at least some kind of discount and or allow the people to have the option of not padding someone's pocket by buying direct themselfs.

I might be WRONG or I might be RIGHT on these feelings ....(and maybe someone can help me see a better light to my pet peeve - or what ever ) but for now and for a very long time my soul belongs to the TRUTH and well being of us all who suffer so much - knowing the already huge cost to us all to find wellness. [rant]

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Ladylee,

Xango is not a pyramid business. Those businesses are scams where the person selling makes money off someone who gets no product.

Xango is network marketing just like Avon, Amway, and some of the herb companies like Herbal LIfe.

I will tell you this about me using Xango. I bought a bottle from a friend in karate because I heard so many good things on Lymenet about it. I never even thought about trying to sell it when I first began using it.

I am one of those sick people you are talking about who is trying to get better. Xango is helping me get there. I love it and see what a difference it has made in my energy, sleep, (after 6 months I'm just now seeing a difference in deep pain) and allergies.

Friends and family members have seen what a difference it has made in my health and have signed up to try it ~ with good success I might add if you've read my other posts on here.

I've never pushed it on anybody because I don't like someone doing that to me. If I hear someone is interested on here, I might give them information but that's it. They can make up their own minds.

I'm buying more for other people who can't afford it than I am bringing in so everybody who is a distributor for a good product like Xango isn't scamming sick people. We've just found something that really works.

My friend whom I initially signed up under wasn't trying to "scam" me. I wanted to try the product so I signed up as a distributor.

I guess you got my feathers ruffled a little bit with your comments that don't fit me or Lymetoo ~ I'm sure there are others on here using it too.

Sandy

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Oh Sandy...

I'm sorry you took my post so very wrong.

I'm not saying anything bad about xango - not at all - nor do I deny that it has and is helping alot of people with Lyme and other aliments.

Gee I'm not sure I can even turn this around (meaning saying the right words).

My Xbrother and his wife are distributors and they market this alot and are aggressive, for each person that order under there name or number - or become distribtors under them - they make money - not saying that is a ripp off - just making a point that a distributor of this and or any other product of the like is making money - they have to get paid is a sense for there private marketing and that is why they are so aggressive with it - there incentive to keep marketing. (altho all that I have read and see and here about xango it pretty much sells itself in my opinion).

I would as I stated become a distributor for myself ( as it seems you are and have become ) for our own personal benefit and use.

I truely meant no harm in what I posted, my utmost concern is that we all reach a level of well being however one gets there!

[Wink]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It definitely sells itself. No pressure on anyone is needed. Why should anyone feel guilty for telling someone about a product that has changed their life?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymewreck36:
O.K. My family of five just arrived home from our first appointment with Dr. F in LA. He suggested this juice. I have a few questions.
-------------
2. Is it O.K. to use with very young children, like my 7 year old daughter with lyme?

No problem. It is very safe and non-toxic. Even toddlers can take it. It is simply a food/juice.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Ladylee,

I sure did take it the wrong way.

I've been guilty of the same feelings. My mom got on Reliv and was trying to push me with the 3 way phone conversations, etc., and I really was turned off by it.

I guess the other way to look at it is if the product is good, I would rather buy it from my girlfriend at karate than from someone that I don't know.

I just bought some new products from a company called Sunrider. They have all kinds of herbs and detoxing properties in their shakes, etc. I wanted something that was quick to fix yet healthy.

I know I won't be trying to sell it (I don't think anybody has ever heard of it) but my friend has had good health results from it.
When I registered, I got an e-mail stating my distributor would be helping me sign up 3 people - oh, p-l-e-a-s-e. She hasn't signed up anyone but me because I asked her about it.

I'm glad you weren't talking about us discussing Xango on this thread.

Sandy

MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bovis Energy Rating:

Noni----17,000
Sea Silver---24,000
Limu plus---54,000
Xango---53,000
Goji---355,000 [bow]
PubMed Search "Lycium Barbarum"

http://www.gojihealthstories.com

--------------------
 -
This is only my opinion and/or experience with Lyme Disease. I am not a medical professional.

Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mary, How many Xanthones does Goji contain?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Lymetoo

I agree 100% - and were all on the same "quest train" that ride to ultimate health!

Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Sandy

Thank you!

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took tutu's advice - thought this was interesting as I think someone recently mention their daughter had VRE?

Phytomedicine. 2005 Mar;12(3):203-8.

Antibacterial activity of alpha-mangostin against vancomycin resistant Enterococci (VRE) and synergism with antibiotics.Sakagami Y, Iinuma M, Piyasena KG, Dharmaratne HR.
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Osaka, Japan. [email protected]

alpha-Mangostin, isolated from the stem bark of Garcinia mangostana L., was found to be active against vancomycin resistant Enterococci (VRE) and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), with MIC values of 6.25 and 6.25 to 12.5 microg/ml, respectively. Our studies showed synergism between alpha-mangostin and gentamicin (GM) against VRE, and alpha-mangostin and vancomycin hydrochloride (VCM) against MRSA. Further studies showed partial synergism between alpha-mangostin and commercially available antibiotics such as ampicillin and minocycline. These findings suggested that alpha-mangostin alone or in combination with GM against VRE and in combination with VCM against MRSA might be useful in controlling VRE and MRSA infections.

PMID: 15830842 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

quote:
tutu
Well, for one thing, Xango is the only one that is made from the WHOLE FRUIT. Very important since all the xanthones are in the RIND of the fruit.

It's possible that the xango brand is the best but the ultra mangosteen that I have lists mangosteen whole fruit extract as the first ingredient, then mangosteen extract and goji berry extract and then a bunch of others after that. I bought mine at vitacost, it is the trace minerals research brand and costs $15.99 for 32 fl oz. It seems pretty strong. I've been trying different brands but the only one that I think has much effect so far is the ultra mangosteen that I've recently started. I noticed a difference right away. There are other brands that contain the whole fruit but I don't know how any of them compare to xango.
Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by TerryK:
I took tutu's advice - thought this was interesting as I think someone recently mention their daughter had VRE?

That's right.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by TerryK:
It's possible that the xango brand is the best but the ultra mangosteen that I have lists mangosteen whole fruit extract as the first ingredient

The key word is EXTRACT. They have to use CHEMICALS to get an EXTRACT of the fruit.

That is NOT THE SAME THING AS WHOLE FRUIT PUREE. Xango does not EXTRACT anything. You get the whole fruit and all the ENZYMES right along with it. VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go to vitacost there are other cheaper products. This product has a lot of other fruit juices and thus in my opinion a lot of sugar.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oxygen...It contains 2 grams of sugar per ounce. Most people only drink 1-3 oz per day. I do drink more than that myself.

2 grams in basically a non-issue

The Ultra brand contains more sugar and I'm sure you'd have to drink more of it to get the same result.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

I can tell you my own personal experience with Xango. I've always had low blood sugar and can't eat much sugar without feeling shaky and weak.

Xango has actually stablilized my blood sugar levels so I almost never have that feeling of hypoglycemia whereas before I got it quite often.

Sandy

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
tutu wrote: The key word is EXTRACT. They have to use CHEMICALS to get an EXTRACT of the fruit.
No, the word extract does not necessarily mean a chemical extract which is why I called the company to find out exactly what it means regarding their product. They take the whole fruit and add water and pulverize it so that it is very fine. Mine does have sediment in the bottom so I have to shake it up. They assured me that there is no chemical processing.

I've never bought xango so I'm in no position to compare and I don't know how the xango is processed but from what I gather, it is more pulpy. I do plan to try it at some point to see if there is a difference.

The lady I talked to about the ultra mangosteen said that their orac value was the highest of any of the mangosteen products at 30,000. Here is the info on their website.
http://www.traceminerals.com/products/ultramangosteen.html

I'm not advocating either product because I'm still just trying them out but I can say that I did notice a difference between other brands and the ultra mangosteen in that the later is obviously stronger. It gave me an energy pick up whereas the others didn't. My brother however did notice an energy pickup from one of the other brands that I had him try.

That said, I can see why tutu would only be able to recommend a product that she knows is a high quality product and thus actually works because it is clear to me that not all of these mangosteen products are created equal. I'll know more once I try to xango.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the info, Terry. As you can tell, I'm very prejudiced when it comes to this product. I hear stories daily of folks who tried this and that and the other to no avail. Then tried Xango and bingo...hit paydirt.

The ORAC is no big deal; it's the Xanthones that you want. I could increase the ORAC a hundred-fold by opening a capsule of vitamins into the Xango. I'm not interested in doing that, since it's not a big deal.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Hi -- I too noticed that Ultra Mangosteen's first listed ingredient is whole fruit extract. I called the company and they said they do not use chemicals to make their extracts.

I haven't tried Xango yet, only because it's more expensive and I'm budgeted. Maybe some time...

My question is: have any of you ever used mangosteen juice topically? I'm primarily interested in knowing whether it could affect growths of any kind.

I have lipomas on my legs. So far, the Ultra Mangosteeen drunk internally has reduced all the new lumps really nicely! But not the oldest one. So tonite for the first time, I tried a topical wash over the whole area. Any experience with this, anyone?

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised they're still making claims. See this Sept 20, 2006 warning from the FDA

http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g6031d.htm

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Hmmmm................I don't know much about this except to say, the FDA hasn't done a whole lot for me.

I've had side affects from their drugs and had to stop. Others are very addicting and I've had to be careful yet needed them for pain in the past.

Here's a health product that has helped me get off of these FDA approved drugs and all their side affects and has helped my family and friends.

I'm like the guy in the Bible ~ I dunno, all I know is ~ once I was blind, but now I can see!

Sandy

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

It's really hard to evaluate this thread when some people are selling the product. It reminds me of the glyconutrient (ambrotose etc) deal. There were a few lymies claiming to have gotten completely well with these expensive products, and posting frequently about them. I don't know where these lymies went to. They may have indeed gotten well but there was a lot of negative information out there too and the long chain sugars in them could be obtained for much cheaper elsewhere if you wanted to make your own combinations.

It's hard for me to evaluate when people are so gung ho about something, indeed, they may have taken it in all sincerity, and feel better partly or wholly due to it, but money also bends the mind and creates a kind of selective perception sometimes.

I think all these phyotnutrients and flavanoids are helpful, and was considering buying Blue Lightning simply because I tend to crave most of the extracts in it in real life.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement