LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Back again, more questions, could you help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back again, more questions, could you help?
Jenny R.
Member # 9019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenny R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I spoke to a few of you back in April.

I still am having the facial tingling, fatique, but now have started with the following:

fasciculations (maybe because of Xanax)
floaters in right eye
bowel habits have changed
allodynia (I can't stand clothing, it feels like bugs under my skin, or causes burning)

I recently had cervical MRI done, nothing was found but a herniated disk, doc said this would not cause the facial tingling (C-3 C-4)

My problems all started 8 years ago with burning headache type pain.

Then came the facial tingling 2 years later.

From that point on I started having stabbing nerve pain on my right side between ribs (still there),

Heart palpitations, migraines w/ and w/o aura (4 times),

Fell in perc test hole, went to chiro in 2002, he adjusted me, and I ended up with a sunburned feeling in my upper legs, and lower back,
this lasted for a month,

Had a brain MRI in April 2006 w/ contrast, no lesions, severe sinus infection, took 2000 mg amox for 3 weeks,

If I were to have Lyme, would I have possibly Herxed on the amox?

I am frustrated, these symptoms are here everyday of my life, I can sleep 10 hours and still sleepy, I wake at night, gasping for air,

I'm thinking sleep apnea, never had this before, only in the last 5 years I'd say.

I was wondering about Dr. S in Hermitage, PA?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If I do indeed have Lyme, never had rash, nor seen a tick on me, would I have to be put on IV therapy? How does this work?

Do you do this at home? Are you on it for a certain amount of time, then off?

I had the ELISA test in April, it was negative, so this is why I want to see a LLMD, I just can't live like this anymore, I'm not in pain, just weird feelings.

The thing that bothers me the most is wearing clothing, especially tighter fitting, it absolutely drives me nuts.

Thank you for your time, I'm very scared, and I just want to be somewhat my normal self again!!!

Posts: 21 | From Pittsburgh, PA. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny,
You asked, "If I were to have Lyme, would I have possibly Herxed on the amox?"

You asked this back in May, and got good answers.
Here is your old post:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043830

I'm sorry that you're still having symptoms.
From what you write, it sounds like you haven't had the Western Blot tests done yet.

When you get a chance, read the 'newbie help links' which are presently the 7th thread from the top.

There's TONS of information there, and will answer some of the questions you didn't even know you had.

Patients who opt for antibiotic treatment may be on orals, intravenous, or intermuscular injections.

You can discuss this with your doctor, who will explain the options.

Wishing you the best,
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please make that appointment today! I think you've chosen a good one!

Let's get you well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny-

Dr. S is close to you. It is a simple as picking up the phone and making the appointment.

Please don't work yourself up by over thinking the problem and solutions, it will get you going in circles for sure and not in the direction of wellness.

Longterm orals can work very well. Both my son and I have regained our health with long term tetra. It didn't bother us too much in the sun, but we did switch to Biaxin during the summer when we would be outside all day.

Just go make that appointment. This will not go away on it's own.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. read the newbie section. here's the link http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029917

then, or before, or RIGHT NOW pick up the phone and make an appt. you'll most likely have to wait a bit before getting one, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare yourself for that visit.

[Cool]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny R.
Member # 9019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenny R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all, I am going to make the appointment. I need to find out what the heck is going on. My ear is really bothering me today.

It hasn't bothered me for about 2 weeks, since I got trigger point injections in my shoulder and neck.

I can't stand these weird tickly feelings everywhere, they only do it when I have clothes on, they don't do it when I use a towel to dry or from bedsheets. Weird!!!

Could I have the cranial nerve involvement and still have a normal brain MRI?

All bloodwork has been normal so far, everyone, including my doc, says its anxiety.

I do have anxiety, but only because of these stupid feelings everyday.

If this were Lyme, would the xanax help with the tickly feelings? Coz, it does help, I wouldn't think this would be true if it were Lyme.

I am seriously thinking about starting the Anti-depressant that the doc prescribed, I got it filled already, just never took none.

In the 6 years that I've had these feelings, I have never experienced weakness or numbness.

Sorry to rant and rave, I'm just so frustrated, I would like to just rip my skin off, or itch it off, that would probably feel better, LOL.

Thanks all so much, your are great people here, and very thoughtful!!!!!

Posts: 21 | From Pittsburgh, PA. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement