LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The Occular Aspect of Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Occular Aspect of Lyme
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me the skinny on how Lyme affects the EYE?

As I have neurological late stage Lyme, sifting through a bunch of information is not at all easy so I am hoping someone or many can simplify it for me.

The main reason I am asking is that I am trying to come to terms with exactly when it was that I actually contracted this disease.

Is "lazy eye" part of the Lyme presentation??

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where ya been PT? Good to see you!

The "skinny" would be... in a nut shell...

Lyme and coinfections can do so many different things to the eye. The list is very long. Hard to tell exactly what you might relate to as far as your situation goes.

I can offer you contact info on a wonderful LL neuro-opthamologist if you want. When concerned about eyes.. just like heart concerns.. a good doc beats all.

Email me if you'd like and ask for the eye doc info. Please put Lyme in the title so you don't get deleted.. ok?

[email protected]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup!

I have been in the war zone fighting this Lyme and babesia.

I have taken a medical leave of absence so now, no incoming dollars....... [Eek!]

Tomorrow I start a combo of 3 abx including a 5 day dose of my all time personal fave.....FLAGYL.

I wrote an article and am trying to get it published.

The reason I ask specifically about the "lazy eye" is cause that happened during first tick bit back in the mid 1970's and I am trying to really figure out if it is possible to have had this

infection in me all that time.

More recently though....floaters are the main symptom eye symptoms but they have subsided a good deal over the last year in treatment.

The "lazy eye" is like one of my eyes does not look.

Anyway thanks for saying hi. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2mag
Member # 10153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi tincup
quick question
what do you know about mitral valve prolapse - and ld

it is listed on burrascano symptom list - i was recently diagnosed with this

And PT- don't know much about the ocular stuff
but i am sure the borrelia can attack the optic nerve:

from Clinical microbiology and infection July 2004 -- Direct involvement of the eye (keratitis, optic neuritis) has also been attributed to B. burgdorferi infection --

another article :Hengge UR, Tannapfel A, Tyring SK, Erbel R, Arendt G, Ruzicka T. Lyme borreliosis. Lancet Infect Dis 2003; 3: 489-
and Dr Yao has an article at http://www.uveitis.org/medical/articles/case/lyme.html

hope that helps and keep on looking
best wishes

2mag

my eyes have gotten a pinch better with the herbs

Posts: 20 | From Northern California | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PT,

I would suspect Bartonella.

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read of postings on the marshall protocol board where people who have been on the MP for an exteneded period have had dramatic eye improvement. Some thought they would eventually go blind but now can pass the eye exam for their Driver Lic. with no glasses.

I do know Zith is often used for eye complications and that is one of the main abx of the MP.

J

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2mag..

Back later..

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know but I do have lazy eye and Lyme and Bart.
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dzeb
Member # 4426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dzeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had so many problems with my eyes related to this disease it is exhausting. I have had optic neuritis, vasculitis, uveitis and I have a drifting eyeball. I am no longer on ATBX and recently had a bout of Optic Neuritis that I am being treated for with IV steroids and Methotrexate. My LLMD has drawn a Lyme test on me and the C6 Peptide has come back negative but the IGG/IGM has come back unreadable and my MD has told me tohave it redrawn when I go see a neurologist in NY on 10/30/06. This neurologist is supposed to be able to let me know if my problems are related to MS or Lyme.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2mag
Member # 10153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 20 | From Northern California | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Oh my, I have been totally out of commision

back to the drawing board, it seems

throwing up bile, excruciating head pain
and really really close to having to go to hospital last night

after starting new meds.

I was mainly trying to narrow it down and have decided after ready Widening the Circle definitly that I first contracted Lyme when I was a kid living in Massachusetts, a little over 100 miles from Lyme, CT in about 1975.

That book is very eye opening. One of her kids had the lazy eye so that helped me put it together.

The opthamologist I went to last year didn't see anything. So now I just don't really see from that one eye. Personally, I have a feeling it is permanent damage.

Oh well, that's what happens when it takes 30 years to get diagnosed!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement