LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ozone Therapy -- Trying it Out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozone Therapy -- Trying it Out
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My PCP is a great guy and at the cutting edge of integrating alternative and traditional medicine.

He began me on a series of ozone treatments, in which he takes out blood (eventually 200 cc), mixes it with ozone, and reinjects it.

The first couple of treatments seemed to caused herx. Now, after 5, I am feeling so good.

He says it is not a cure for lyme, but a supportive treatment, addressing the body's infrastructure. He believes, as I now do, that the point of therapy is not just to kill the bugs; the bugs have caused a whole cascade of other, interdependent problems. So the whole system needs a re-haul.

I will let you all know how this is working.

Here are some of the common sense / every day language benefits. (He has gone into more detail about the mechanisms of action with me.)

! inactivates viruses, bacteria, yeast fungi and protozoa
I stimulates the immune sYstem
[1 supports and enhances the healing process
I cleans arteries and veins
D breaks uP red blood cell clumPing
purifies the blood and the IYmPh
normalises hormone and enzyrne production
reduces inflammation.
reduces pain, calms the nerves
stops bleeding
prevents shock
scavenges free radical s
prevents stroke damage
reduces cardiac anhYthmia
improves brain function and memory
oxidises toxins, facilitating their excretion
chelates heavy metals, working well with EDTA
increases the partial pressure ofoxygen in the blood
stimulates production of all protective cell enrymes
prevents and reverses degenerative diseases
prevents and treats communicable diseases
prevents and eliminates auto-immune diseases

I don't believe this treatment will "reverse" or "eliminate". I think it will help keep a chronic condition more manageable.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin61
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin61     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, How much are these treatments and has this been around a while or something new? Thanks Robin in Houston
Posts: 121 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done them too, and I think that they do help. The problem is that they are expensive, insurance doesn't cover them, and they will not kill the keets.

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby did 12 of these treatments before he got any antibiotics and didn't feel a thing except for in the pocketbook.

This might help as a cleanup for viruses etc, but don't have any faith or confidence in this treatment for Lyme or babs.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a new treatment.

It costs @ $100 a session, with 10 sessions being the standard.

It is not meant to kill lyme. It is meant to strength the immune system, and do something to the blood that potentially lets the immune system know how to aim at the lyme bugs to kill them. It is a supportive treatment.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did an ozone SAUNA as an experiment myself to evaluate it. ( I do NOT HAVE LYME.) The initial cost (trial) was $25 with subsequent saunas at $50 each. It was at a chiro's office.

You sit in a sauna with your head sticking out and lots of towels are around your neck because it is NOT HEALTHY TO BREATHE OZONE! Metabolic acidosis and respiratory acidosis are 2 different "ball games" completely!!!

You are buff naked in the sauna sitting on a bunch of white towels with towels under your feet too.

The temperature is adjusted because the "warmer" = the more ozone will be "taken up" via our largest organ...our skin.

I can't tolerate high temps because years ago I came close to heat exhaustion.

Still...

The towels at my feet turned slightly brown as toxins left my body.

This looks to work by (1) temporarily destroying the antioxidant enzymes (enzymes can be destroyed fairly easily) which would then make Bb vulnerable to destruction via the powerful superoxide free radical and/or H2O2. OR...

(2)It will release NO to dilate the blood vessels. NO is also a very powerful "antibacterial".

IMO...it is important to supp. with SOD by Solaray after treatment to restore the (3) antioxidant enzymes to protect UNinfected cells.

Ozone is trivalent. It is very, very powerful. The botulism anti-toxin ($$$) is also trivalent.

Persons who use ozone saunas do NOT experience the typical significant "herx"...as reported on this board months ago.

Rife DOES seem to trigger a herx...esp. the FIRST Rife treatment.

I'm really not sure why from a "chemistry" standpoint.

Chemistry was not my "thing", microbiology was.

Here's a "tad" of my ozone research:

A relatively recent discovery is that the Fab portion of

all antibodies,

regardless of antigenic specificity, catalyze a reaction between singlet oxygen and water, yielding the toxic oxidative species hydrogen peroxide,

ozone,

and hydroxide radials (reviewed in Ref. 61). The reaction rate is fastest for antibodies with highest UV absorption.

It is hypothesized that this activity may represent an ancient mechanism of protection against infection. B. burgdorferi may be particularly vulnerable to oxidative damage, as it grows best in environments with limited oxygen, and its genome does not encode a catalase (62).

http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/full/280/17/17363

Ozone treatment to diminish Salmonella load on eggs [Institute of Food Hygiene
http://www.uni-leipzig.de/forschb/03/e25.htm

Keep in mind that the "fab" portion of the antibodies our system is trying to make to fight lyme is DAMAGED BECAUSE Mg is too low.

Our own antibodies are not "perfect" fighters against Bb, why?

"Characterization of the physiological requirements for the bactericidal effects of a monoclonal antibody to OspB of Borrelia burgdorferi by confocal microscopy.

The bactericidal effect of Fab-CB2 is not dependent on the induction of spirochetal proteases but is dependent on the presence of Ca2+ and Mg2+.
Supplementation of Ca2(+)- and Mg2(+)-free medium with these cations restored the bactericidal effects of Fab-CB2.
The mechanism by which a Fab fragment of an antibody destroys a bacterium directly may represent a novel form of antibody-organism interaction.

PMID: 9125579

A ``novel form of antibody-organism interaction?'' I don't THINK so!
E. Required by immunological process. Magnesium, immunity, and allergy: Mg is required for several steps of immunological reactions
1. Lymphoblastic transformation, a prerequisite of secretion of antibodies by lymphoblasts, requires Ca2+ and Mg2+
2. Mg is required for synthesis of proteins, immunoglobulins included
3. Antibody-induced complement activation is Mg dependent
4. The antigen-immunoglobulin-complement reaction induces degranulation of the mastocyte

http://www.mdschoice.com/
elements/elements/major_
minerals/magnesium.htm

(above link is wrapped)

Picture a stalk of broccoli. This is an antibody. The fab portion is at the top... it is imperfectly formed and thus DOESN'T WORK.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Steamy Wonder steam tent over a massage table where my body is inside the tent but my head is out.

I use an oxygen/ozone generator that is pumped into the tent through a tube. The temperature range I use is between 115 - 120 degrees and I stay in for about 30 minutes.

Its great for herxes. It lessens mine considerably and I consider one of the best ways to detox.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement