LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New LDA petition to protest new IDSA guidelines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New LDA petition to protest new IDSA guidelines
LML2260
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LML2260     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just noticed that there is a new petition on the lyme disease association website to protest the new IDSA guidelines. Here is the link: http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/

--------------------
Lynne

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Posts: 63 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads up.

The petition must (hopefully) have just been put up. I was only the 27th person to sign it.

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these guidelines are already having significant ramifications.

this petition must have thousands of signatures asap.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received it from someone where I'm on their lyme list.

I sent it to my LYME, FIBRO, CFS lyme lists asking them to sign and have their families/friends too.

YOU CAN NOT SEE ANYONE'S NAME THERE!

It was no. 53; will take a long time to hit thousands unless EVERYONE COPIED THE LINK and sends to those on your group lists, family, friends, co-workers, church, social clubs you belong to.

Petition is so HARD to understand since they made LONG SOLID BLOCKS OF TEXT! They sure didn't think of us LYMIES when writing it and putting it online! Yes, I sent my comments to Jenifer, LDA's webmaster.

Up for action and awareness!

We'll need to get this as a FEATURE at the top when Lou B returns from vacation. Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LML2260
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LML2260     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cave - I saw that after I posted this thread. We'll get 'em from all angles!! I figure the more noise we make in whatever form the better - the old greasy wheel and all!

--------------------
Lynne

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Posts: 63 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up. This may be the most important thing you can do right now. If you don't sign the petition, please don't complain later when our insurance rights are taken away from us.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Up. This may be the most important thing you can do right now. If you don't sign the petition, please don't complain later when our insurance rights are taken away from us.

WHEN? For many, including me, those insurance rights have already been taken away. Please, everyone, sign the petition.
Posts: 2275 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sign petition too, but how do You know which number are You since i did not get notification letter
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh i see counter now (.^^) sry
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

I sent this petition link out to my lyme, fibro, and chronic fatigue members in my LOCAL area plus some of you I've met here online at lymenet.

Received 2 comments back and 1 sent me the petition again; so it is circulating around.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is this for? Are they going to mail this to the IDSA, CDC & others?
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the top

LDA will use this where ever it will be politically useful, I'm sure.

[ 23. October 2006, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: riversinger ]

--------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was number 691, so word is spreading quickly! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 in my family have signed allready.

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep this on page one so many people will sign. Only takes a minute. And pass it on.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who wants to email their friends and family about this petition, I have posted the text of the email which I sent in case anyone with foggy brain wants to use/borrow from it. (You'll notice I borrowed most of it from someone else.)

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000451

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DONE! [cussing]
Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres The Link To Petition

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/Petitions/Petition.php?id=1

[ 26. October 2006, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm number 2119
Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up to 2289 - we need at least 40,000. Please send the information about the petition to anyone that you know that is willing to sign it in defense of those of us with Lyme.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused. I think I already signed it, but I will give it another go, just in case I didn't.

Does anyone know to whom this petition is addressed? Who or what org. is being petitioned?

I think it is very well written and hope it reaches the goal. Looks like it has a good start.

As for the petition to Congress you will find at http://www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

please sign, if you haven't already.

Then click on "Send to a friend" at the bottom of the page and get your friends and relatives and neighbors and colleagues, and acquaintences etc. to sign as well.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Up. Critical stuff here guys. I am surprised at the small number of people that have signed the petition. If we don't speak up, we will certainly lose this fight.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signatures up to 2,980.

I just sent the link to over 30 people who are pretty supportive.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if we all do our job, we should easily be at 10,000 and counting to 40,000 within just a few days.
this is a very simple petition to sign.

the ramifacations of the new 'guidelines' are already hitting the patients.

truth is on our side, the guidelines are arbitrary and capricious -- based on faulty and/or non-existant information -- and ignore a tremendous amount of research base and peer reviewed articles.
basiclly, these guys sat around and "talked amongst themselves" -
i also think they ought to expand the 'potential conflicts of interest section'.

now is the time to strike. i believe it is better for this movement that they WERE published --
*****IF we move on it NOW.*****

what a load they have spewed this time !!

..now we all have to act and hang them with their own rope.

mo

[ 25. October 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**UP**

Signers are up to 3,526. It isn't going up very fast.

Are there other Lyme support boards we need to contact, or Fibro, CFS, MS boards....?

I've seen it posted on the chronic pain boards where I used to hang out...

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

up to 3 6 6 8 now! going really fast since 10-19~

I was just on there and entered my hubbie, step kids/spouse for 4 more!

Are ALL your immediate family members listed? If not, please enter them. BIG THANKS [group hug] [kiss]

All were put on MY email address since NONE of them have email or a computer.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

up; add your family members please!
LML2260
Member # 9615

4853 - almost 5000!

--------------------
Lynne

LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly 5100 now......
Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 7 9 now
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you signed?

send it out to your email list as well!

mo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement