LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does Lyme settle in areas of previous injury?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Lyme settle in areas of previous injury?
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have several areas that could be considered "weak" due to old injuries: left shoulder, right knee, middle of spine (from epidural during labor).

When I hurt it tends to concentrate in those areas. The pain where I had my epidural was what finally made me think that the Lyme goes into weak areas. Just curious...

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a medical practitioner of any kind...however, I concur.

Trout [Wink]

IE:

Me too...lol

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read somewhere -- but don't know where so cannot comment on credibility -- that Lyme guns for weak tissues/organs. I am finding this to be true with my left knee.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...like osteo or any other form of arthritis lyme arthritis does exacerbate previously traumatized parts of the body.....

That's why I think some of the folks from scifi med especially have been dropped on their heads!

[bonk]
[woohoo]

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to be true over here!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup, for some reason my bladder is an easy target....as well as my neck.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radiogirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard pathogens love inflammation.They create it and seek it out as it provides protection for proliferation.

Many people I have been told often end up with RA in an injured joint.

This is what happened to medical researcher and rand think tank head DR. Katherine Poelhamm who broke her ankle I believe.

She began to get RA which also began to affect other joints.So instead of being wheelchair bound.

She picked up the research of Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown who in the forties discovered his Rheumatic patients all had one thing in common.

Pathogens thriving in the infected joints!He put into remission and cured thousands of rheumatic patients with antibiotics.

How do you think established medicine responded to that.Not well.You can go to www.roadback.org and find that there are doctors all over the US practicing the AP(antibiotic Protocol)

It is a crime that people with RA ,scleroderma and a plethora of rheumatic illnesses are not made aware of this LIFE SAVING treatment.

It is like lyme the sooner you know about it the better especially for people with scleroderma.I heard about it and immediately began and turned around my rheumatic illness.

So your good instincts about `your hurting injured joints attracting your lyme germs has science behind it.

And what Dr. Brown saw many decades ago is being confirmed again and again by scientists today.

But I bet your establishment rheumy and big pharma dont want you to find out about it.

I threw away my immune suppressant drugs my nsaids and gave my body what it needed,an anti biotic to help my immune system fight off the infection in my joints.It worked.

I just wish more people had this information.My aunt died from the effects of the harsh drugs used to fight her rheumatoid arthrits.When a simple antibiotic could have saved her life, like Ive seen it help so many of my friends and myself included.

Now you know .Pass it on and best wishes to you,RG

Posts: 140 | From Texas | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's where the heavy metals settle and as a consequence the microbes thrive. The terrain is disturbed, low oxygenation. Anaerobes can live there undisturbed until the area is treated and cleaned up. The trick is to get the right medications into these areas. My husband's knee which was twice the normal size at one point was cleaned it with bee venom directly and heavy metal treatment more indirectly. He has never had a problem with his knee in several years.

With ART testing, all, heavy metals/mercury and lead, thioethers originating from cavitations in the mouth, and Lyme bacteria were located in the knee at one time. It took about six month of continued attention to the knee to get it well.

I am sure there are other energetic testing methods that can find the problem.

Take care.

P.S. My "injuries" were strictly and major in the face from migrating mercury and resulting cavitations from root canals. That's where the Bell's Palsy hit, that's where I had major problems for years. The mercury had been there for many years prior to my being infected with Lyme. I had a bull's eye and know exactly when that happened. 75% of my problems were in the head and face, after the initial acute phase all over the body.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey radiogirl...which simple abx was it?

GIGI...I got rid of my swollen knee without all that jazz you brought up...

ducks argue with me when I tell them that abx's like doxy and flagyl have helped the inflamation and pain of my knee joints in the past....

Big pharma does'nt want anyone to know this cuz of all the research they've already put into their steroids,NSAIDS,and other antiinflam immunosuppressant drugs and advertising.

Just like with H-pylori and the simple abx plan to get rid of reflux...
What's big pharma gonna do with all the antacid and acid reduction/suppressing drugs on the market.

SHeesh......zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you didn't just shift it somewhere else! That's one of the problems unless the bugs disintegrate as they do with bee venom. The metals have a way of moving around too if you are not careful.

When you are well, you have arrived -

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radiogirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Zman,
You are speaking my language.At the roadback.org they use minocycline or doxy alot.Some like me use a combo or pulse in another abx.

I came to find out my high priced rheumy knew all about the work of Dr.Brown but refused to assist me and my ailing daughter.

My GP did instead.Now when we go to the famous hospital for our physicals we skipp merrily by my rheumys office.

I realize that my young daughter and I are suspected lyme patients and there are probably a percentage of the people posting there that maybe as well.

But many pathogens have the ability to begin thriving in the body and create havoc.I had high titers for myco as well.

I took my cues from Dr. Poehlmann.Then onto Dr.G.Nicolson which led me to Dr. Browns work.I soon realized there are Dr.s and rheumys(not alot yet) that subscibe to the infectious therory for many diseases.

They also know its not good biz for big pharma.Who also help fund med schools.

The infectious theory made sense to me and I was aiming for cure or remission not staying on immune suppressants until organ damage and then something else caustic.

I went after this info full force probably because my daughters fragile state and quality of life were hanging in the balance.

I looked at her options carefully.Glad I did.Go to the roadback.org and order the book .Youll find we all have alot in common.

Rheumatic patients herx too .Its discussed alot there as newbies begin the protocol and feel like @#$%. So thats just one of many common threads.Have A Good One ,RG

This months prevention magazine has a very good article in it on how common bacteria ,virus and parasites can cause inflammation in the brain causing depression tics and ocd.Oh Really! Nov. issue pick one up if you get a chance they also talk about LYME

Posts: 140 | From Texas | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badkitti30043
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badkitti30043     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found this to be true within myself as well, even in areas that were hurt or exposed to trauma of some type really , really long time back ( like my left knee, right ankle, ,

But in my case I was also on floraquinlones that may be the cause of weakness in some areas

Especially since it coincided with the beginning of Cipro and my problems inreased the longer I stayed on it....

During floraquinalones parts of my Lyme treatment ..which I believe weakens certain areas further , more than just tendons.posibly ligaments and joints too..

for me especially back, neck & shoulder , wrist damage, bulging discs, and the right hip pain is my very worst - do not even think there is a number on the pain scale to describe that pain. I think you have a very valid point.

But in some areas mentioned I had prior injuries like 20 or so years , or 15 years ago- they seemed healed fine till Lyme.

But maybe in the past during cold / damp and rainy weather had slight aches in these joints etc.. nothing more till I had lyme.

also arthritis etc has always been known to go after the weaker or previously damaged joints.
I believe so it would make perfect sense if you ask me.

Just another example of this, would be .. My mom had RA - but very very severe , amoung many other things ,her hands and other joints were litterlly twisted in odd directions from the damage..

I initially wondered after my Dx. if she had Lyme too due to the patterns of her other symptoms..( shes passed in 1982.. but died fairly young at 55)the RA started around age 42..

I belive she did have lyme because of so many other symptoms seemingly unrelated make more sense to me now,..

My moms feet were also severely affected .. with edema, RA, and she eventually developed diabetes and wound healing problems ,serious weight loss, asthma,and I know now fibromyalgia-which was never dx. but its obvious to me now..

because you could not even touch her to assist.The pain was unbearable.. she complained very little compaired to the damage done to her body as time went by.

I do know she had been previously about 25 years before in a serious car accident where many died, she was trapped between two dead people in the back seat of the car and had severely injured her ankles from bracing herself.Thahe soaked them in epsom salts I remember -often..

But by the time RA took over it mangled her hands and feet ..but she also had a laundry list of heath problems that makes me think it was Lyme mainly.Back then they barely had discovered Lyme. She was from the north, MI, then lived in fla.

also her sister had a child on that side of the family in MI.. that had developed childhood arthrirtis as well, and a grandma with severe RA so who knows.

--------------------
Sandi
( badkitti30043)

Posts: 664 | From Atlanta Ga. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey PENN--I know where Radnor is! I grew up in Media and got my first bullseye 15 years ago in chester county!

My lyme symptoms definitely revolve around old injuries.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welcome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for welcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of the above.
[Smile]

Posts: 294 | From nevada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonade
Member # 9413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think lyme/metals strike where we tend to have a weakness. My eyes are badly affected and I wore glasses in 1st grade!
Posts: 82 | From east hampton ny | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CA quest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA quest   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read that Bb often travels in fibroblasts. Fibroblasts go to injured sites in our bodies.
Posts: 101 | From CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement