LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » any thoughts on my new meds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any thoughts on my new meds
hanoverw/lyme
Member # 10215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanoverw/lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just had an appointment with my LLMD today, changed my meds. Now doing 600mg zithromax, 1000 mg of ceftin, and for the first time adding 600 mg of rifampin. I also take 300mg of ultram along with 2400mg of ibuprofen a day for foot and elbow pain, plus probotics(god couldn't live without them)
Posts: 46 | From hanover, pa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished zithromax plus flagyl for six weeks. I was on and off zith twice for nine days during that time and the anxiety I had while on the zith was constant and unrelenting!

Even two weeks later I still feel a little hyper.

I'm wondering if that's common.

Hope I never have to do that again as I couldn't have slept without ambien.

Have you been taking the ultram or is that new?

Years ago I took it and discovered if I took it with diet sodas, I was so nauseated and light headed I could hardly stand up and moving only slightly made me want to throw up.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahC
Member # 10054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Zithromax and have had no problems on it at all.

Good Luck.

Posts: 34 | From New Milford, Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hanoverw/lyme
Member # 10215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanoverw/lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually i used to get so sick on doxy that i would carry it around afraid to take it. so far okay on the rifampin, zithro, and ceftin. i did read that rifampin will turn your saliva, tears, mucus and urine dark red, i can tell you my urine is dark, dark orange.
Posts: 46 | From hanover, pa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate doxy. Can't wait until I'm off of it.
Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement