LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hello? Let's use our one last chance - nearly 5200!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello? Let's use our one last chance - nearly 5200!
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't figure out why people stopped signing this petition when the LDA petition was begun.

This is a totally different matter. Signing the LDA petition is great, but you need to sign this one too.

This one goes to your US Congress, people! It is our last chance to get them to pass bills that were worked on by so many good people and were co-sponsored by a goodly number of the Representatives and Senators. Your voice counts!

The petition to the US Congress written by Lynne and found at www.petitiononline.com/lyme/ needs only 15 more people signing to reach 5000 signatures.

That would be a great, positive number to show congress how many of us are effected and know they could help. If the bills don't pass, we have to start all over submitting new bills to the new session of congress.

Go to www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

Read this wonderful appeal to Congress to pass the two companion Lyme bills now in committee.
Sign it and enter a comment about your concerns.

Now, you can go one step further and see to it that the Petition to the US Congress gets to your congresspeople.

Just go to http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u and you can send a letter and the petition to your own senators and representative right away.

Thanks,
Ann - OH
P.S. this is not the LDA petition at www.lymediseaseassociation.org which is for an entirely different purpose. You should sign that one too.

[ 07. December 2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryll
Member # 10063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think people signed just one or the other. I think the other petition has gotten more exposure because there are so many hits on the LDA website. If the original petition could get the same exposure we could break that barrier.

The other was sent out by everyone and some of the same people (the more active and ,possibly more computer literate) are on the same lists and forums.

There just came a saturation point.

But I emphatically agree with you. They each have their own importance. Incidentally, I got about 30 people in Wisconsin to sign the first petition.

So let's brainstorm... where could the legislative petition be posted? (Besides the LDA site... two in one place would be too much?!)

Posts: 48 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Cheryl, you did more than your share!!
You wrote:
"So let's brainstorm... where could the legislative petition be posted? (Besides the LDA site... two in one place would be too much?!)"

Post it anywhere we can get it seen, I say!

Go for it!

- Copy the statemtent and take it to church with you tomorrow along with a sheet where people can sign - with their e-mail addresses - and you can enter the list when you get home.

Or take your laptop along and let them sign it right there.

I am sure others have very inventive ways to get it out there.

I sure hope so.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reminder. I just signed it. I'm tired of being intimidated into secrecy. I haven't done wrong, yet I am afraid of people I don't even know. I know good doctors that didn't want to help me after the Lyme diagnoses. I just hope that God gives us the help we so desperately need. I believe that good is stronger than evil, and I hope I can continue to say that. Maybe that is why I am still here.
Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 , 8 5 5 now
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now 4861 have signed. That means only 139 to get to 5000!
Susan moved me to tears.
Susan wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. I just signed it. I'm tired of being intimidated into secrecy. I haven't done wrong, yet I am afraid of people I don't even know.

I know good doctors that didn't want to help me after the Lyme diagnoses. I just hope that God gives us the help we so desperately need. I believe that good is stronger than evil, and I hope I can continue to say that.

Maybe that is why I am still here. [end quote]

If just for her sake, this petition has been worth all the effort.......

Please read the petition, and then have your say - sign it and add a comment.

Read this wonderful appeal to Congress to pass the two companion Lyme bills now in committee.

Then:
Click on "Send this to a friend" and get the word out there.

Thanks,
Ann - OH
P.S. this is not the LDA petition at www.lymediseaseassociation.org which is for an entirely different purpose. You should sign that one too.

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reminder about this. I thought I'd gotten all the signatures I could find, but since you started this thread, I've gotten 22 more & still counting!

Lots of us might be seeing extended family over the holiday weekend - maybe we can all find one more extended family member to participate...

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing extended familiy this week would be an excellent time to bring up this petition...

Go For it folks!

Zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea Tony. With relatives together for Thanksgiving holidays, it would be a good time to get more support. I just signed it myself. Keep it going.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyshines     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked everyone I know to sign early on, but I'll make sure they all did it.

Going back and reading some of the comments is heartbreaking even to me, and I'm one of them. I hope it has the same effect on the petition recipients.

Really excellent work by the organizers and the 'bulldogs' who keep reminding people to sign.

monkeyshines

Posts: 343 | From Northern VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 8 8 8 ; yep, 122 left to get but the one post showed 9 in her family have lyme including 4 congenital kids! [Frown]

yes, everyone should be able to GET MORE THIS THANKSGIVING WEEKEND; take your paper petitions with you. big thanks from us all! [Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Thanks, Cactus, Tony, Tdtid, and Monkeyshines - all great ideas and great comments.

And thanks to Betty! Great as always!

Looking at the last 50 signees, NJ led with 14 new people, followed by GA - 6 and MD - 5.

There were people from at least 14 different states including MN, CA, NH, WA, NC, PA, FL, VA, NY, TX and IL! Isn't that just amazing???

Please sign and check out my sample letters on another thread. You can cut and paste, add your own state's signer comments and e-mail or send by regular mail to your congress people.

How to do that is included too.

We do need to do this now!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody, Happy Thanksgiving! i brought it up at our Tahnksgiving dinner and everyone in my family got on and signed! Hope it helps!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

That is wonderful, LisaS. You did Wisconsin proud!

Now, you can go one step further and see to it that the Petition to the US Congress gets to your congresspeople.

Just go to http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u and you can send a letter and the petition to your own senators and representative right away.

Only 71 signers needed to reach 5000, now!

Ann - OH

[ 29. November 2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

Thanks Ann; actually it was 41, and I've entered about 50 myself.

down to 19 folks to 5000 !!!! [Big Grin]

shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5004! Yes!!!

Thanks, Ann, for calling attention to this. Let's get Congress on the move with this, now!

BTW, I am on page 1 [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] ,,,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

CELEBRATION TIME!!

5 0 0 7 and I think Ann was holding onto some more OHIO names as I saw plenty there since last time I visited early AM!!

more, more, more the merrier! I'll be picking up ALL my copies around town on Nov. 30 while you all are at the LYME RALLY!

Shaz, I'm no. 3 behind Cave and Lynne! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

YIPPEE! I changed the letter to Congress to read "more than 5000" when referring to the number of people who signed Lynne's wonderful Petition. She should be so proud today!

Betty wrote:
"5 0 0 7 and I think Ann was holding onto some more OHIO names as I saw plenty there since last time I visited early AM!!"

Nope, Betty,

I did not collect people's names and hold them. I sent another message to the 160 people on my LD E-list and some more of them came through.

So I can't take personal credit for the 5000th
signer of the petition being from Ohio,

but was so happy to see his name and those of the people from AZ, OR, CA, WI, RI, NJ, CT, FL

and even Canada!

who were among the last 20 signers of the 5010 who have now signed .

Let's go for 6000! Everybody needs to have their say!

You can sign at: www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

Then, if you go here:
http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u

You can get a cover letter and a copy of the petition and directions (very easy!) to e-mail or mail to your congress person ask them to vote for the two bills the petition supports.

The more people they hear from, the more likely they are to take action.

Ann - OH

[ 29. November 2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 0 7 9

tomorrow I will type in the 47 names I was able to get today from my former work place! Disappointed; 1,000 work there, and out of 5 offices getting copies of petition/sheet to sign, only got 9 fignatures PRIOR to my going door to door of former friends/co-workers!

2 didn't even post them anywhere after 1 week!

3 other businesses got none or LOST what I left them! This took me 4 long, hard hours on this body where I have to use a cain for my worn out hip. [cussing]

bettyg
Unregistered

5 0 9 8, 2 more to 5100 and I will start entering about 50 Sat. if not tomorrow!

Ann, yes, I worked hard, but all that walking on my worn out hip took its toll on me for sure!

I did learn something else, the SENIOR CITIZENS CENTERS do NOT allow SOLICITORS, and our LYME PETITION was considered that, so got NO signatures since someone lost it anyway!

This afternoon, I go for my weekly visit to NURSING HOME, and I know I can get signatures there as the ADMINISTRATOR APPROVED THIS IN PERSON to me! [Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Wow, Betty really collected Iowans! The total number of petition signers is at 5141 now! Well Done, Betty!

CONGRESS WILL BE BACK IN SESSION TOMORROW SO
WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!!!
(I AM shouting!)

I have everything you need to do that at

http://tinyurl.com/yhgc2o

If you haven't already signed, please do.

Go to www.petitiononline.com/lyme/ to sign.

Now if you will check out

You will be able to send the petition to Y0UR senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

It is so easy and really worth doing. You will feel great!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

it's 5 1 4 3 now

I have 40 more to enter tomorrow; system gave me problems today taking 3-4 times longer PER entry.

When I've entered them all, I'll email CONGRESS afterwards Ann. Thank for reminder of CONGRESS RECONVENES TOMORROW.

I'll enter more as I get them for BOTH petitions. [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 8 1

I just finished entering around another 40 names; done to date, BUT, I plan on getting many more for both petitions.

Ann, now I plan to email my IOWA senators and 1 rep! [Big Grin] :bow

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

The number of signers now stands at- TADA -
5185! That is amazing.

Besides all the wonderful people of IOWA, people from NY, KY, MA, FL, CA, NH, CO, MO, MD, and TN have signed recently.

CONGRESS IS NOW IN SESSION SO WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!!!

DON'T WAIT!

I have everything you need at

Now go to straight to

You will be able to send the petition to Y0UR senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

Betty, you are a gem! We all owe you a lot for your work in getting all those people signed on the the petition!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-OH:

The number of signers now stands at- TADA -
5185! That is amazing.

Betty, you are a gem! We all owe you a lot for your work in getting all those people signed on the the petition! Ann - OH

Hi Ann! GOLLY, thanks for the nice compliment Ann! I have reasonable rates! lol [Big Grin] It has been a lot of work.

LDA was more timeconsuming than Lynne's petition above since it required street addresses and complete zip codes too.

I will be sending my PAPER copies of name to Pat Smith, at LDA HQ.

Ann, I made a couple changes to your letter: it's 50 states; was a typo before where it should have been 49, but Melanie Reber stated it's ALL 50 states.

Also, I changed it to 5200 names since we are so close and I AM NOT GIVING UP YET!

I just sent an email to a CEO asking if I can have our lyme petition at tables for 400 people TOMORROW for a Christmas party luncheon.

I do NOT know if she will approve or not but I included Lynne's petition and also a copy of the IDSA new guidelines since I'm entering names on BOTH petitions.

I'll let you know more when I hear hopefully today as I need time to go to copier and do this!

Ann, YOU made this so easy for us all. Thank you for all your hard work and dialy reminders to get off our butts and take 5-10 minutes to do these letters! [group hug] [kiss]

I wasn't sure about the paper copy, thinking they would deliver it according to an earlier screen.

So I ended up doing it twice: paper copy that went NO WHERE, and by EMAIL where it showed my 3 Iowa congressmen plus Pres. Bush!
[Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

To clear the air.
There is NO competition between the two petitions here on Lymenet. YOU SHOULD SIGN THEM BOTH.

There is no competiton between the LDA petition PROTESTING THE ROTTEN IDSA GUIDELINES
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/Petitions/Petition.php?id=1

and Lynne's Petition to Congress to ASK THEM TO PASS THE TWO BILLS ON lYME RESEARCH AND EDUCATION.
http://www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

You should CALL your congress person TODAY and ask them to sign on to the MEMBER LETTER that was sent to them by Congressman Christopher Smith (who submitted the Lyme Bill to Congress!). It is very important!
See the message from PAT SMITH, head of LDA at

http://tinyurl.com/ybuahj

You should E-MAIL your congress people to ask them to pass the two bills now before them. These bills provide for Lyme disease education and research and have been before Congress since June, 2005. The bills will die if they are not passed this year.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u
to see a cover letter and a copy of Lynne's petition (which was started in August) you can send easily by following the instructions there.

BTW - if you go to this site and put your zip code in the Search box, you will get your congress people and their phone #'s AND their e-mail addresses very quickly.

So read Pat's message and CALL your congress person IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Then act on the other issues in her message.

Read Lynne's petition, sign it and E-MAIL the cover letter and petition to your congress people today.

Hope that clears things up.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

UP!

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

2 more to 5 2 0 0 !!!

last one shows 2 entries..

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

The people who run the petition are very good at taking care of repeats.

There are now 275 Ohioans who have signed this petition! I am just overwhelmed by the number!

Please, sign the petition. Lynne says the petition will go on even after this session of congress ends. The House and the Senate are still in session, so there is still a chance!

We have a little window of time left, so lets keep reminding our Congress that it should pass the bills for Lyme education and research before the session ends.

Now go to straight to

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 2 0 1 with MONTANA taking us over
bettyg
Unregistered

5 2 0 1 with MONTANA taking us over

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement