LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » not doing well

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not doing well
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I am not going to make it..a very cold...flush...wierd...cant function..wierd sensations..its 70 and I am freezing..I dont no what to do...the damage done by artimisinin...it really hurt me...I want to live..they gave me seroquel and I am drowsy from it..this is not fair...my life is gone...
eric

Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

Have you been tested for co-infections? Have you been treated for them? What is your current treatment protocol?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesucks
Member # 10575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in your shoes.
I want to live too.
It WILL pass. Make sure you eat, drink water and consult your doc if you can..try and lay down for a while.
I know this may not help..but when i get like that....i tell myself it will pass...because it WILL.
I am hugging you...you are not alone.
You WILL improve.

Posts: 56 | From bayarea | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesucks
Member # 10575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also...i dont know what Soroquel is..but could it be from that?
Posts: 56 | From bayarea | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already had problems with the brain stem 3 years ago...now they are alot worse..I may have to go on disablity..it made everything much worse..I am trying to sleep and rest but there is that work thing that I am supposed to bieng doing...what now..
eric

Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, i got like that too after I was on abx......it was soo beyond scary. I was at work, thought i had died. I was so white, shaking, cold...weird sensations. I kept drinking water and praying....cause i did not want to die.

If you can eat try eating very pure natural things right now. Like fresh green veggies, protein as in chicken and steak. And water.

Believe me when I say it will pass....because it will.

hang in there.........I dont think it was the art that did this to you.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

its been a month already and I have not gotten better...how could a herx last this long?when if ever will I get better?
eric

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

If this happens again -- take your temperature. Babesia causes both sweats and chills. I remember taking hubby's temp once when he got a chill. It went from something like 95.6 to 99.9 in 10 or 15 minutes. He was shaking so hard his teeth chattered.

Hubby did not do well on Seroquel at all -- this was when he had his mercury problem and before Lyme. Stopped the med after 3 or 4 doses.

Many Lyme patients do not do well on drugs which work on Serotonin -- helps if you take Resveratrol with those type drugs.

In my opinion what you are experiencing is not a herx, but an active babesia infection plus lots of Lyme symptoms.

It is impossible to predict how long your symptoms will continue.

Can you give us a list of which meds you are currently taking? Did you stop the Mepron/Zith? Are you still on the Ativan? Any Lyme meds?

Hang in there.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, polar blast,

I just want to assure you that Arte. doesn't cause immediate life-theatening damage, and there is no death report associated with Arte, although there are some concerns about its safety.

Your usage of Art (dose and time) is within the range used by millions of patients.

So don't worry too much and the difficulty will pass. I had similiar experience.

Dave.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
babs can give you awful chills followed by sweats.

70 degrees is too cold for me even pre lyme ect.

I wouldn't blame it on the art.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

I am having problems with blood pressure...flushing...nervous feeling...staying warm...and so on...I hope this is not a damaged brain stem..
eric

savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please hang in there. I was in that awful place you are right now. I spent two weeks in the hospital due all my lyme and babs symptoms. I was 26 when I first fell really ill, but now 5 years later I am having a good life.
Life with lyme will always be hard, but you will have your good days, I promise. Things will get better! [group hug]

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Lyme and all of my symptoms are 1000 times worse if I am having a food reaction. I'm wondering if Lyme made you develop food intolerances? I didn't even really suspect that food could make me sweat or shiver. I still don't know what Lyme does to make me react to food this way. I still do if I cheat.

My first suggestion would be to eat only WHOLE foods - no processed, fried, modified food starch, etc...If you buy canned food, the only other ingredient in the beginning should be 'water'. It's a real pain at first but you need to eat this way to figure out if foods are causing your problems to worsen, and if so, which foods.

My problem foods are wheat, gluten, soy, corn. I have trouble with most grains, seeds, and nuts. White rice I'm okay with and potatoes. But the other week I tried corn again, and within 5 minutes I had goose bumps, only later to soak the back of a thick shirt with sweat.

I think it couldn't hurt to try a food elimination diet to see if that is aggravating your Lyme symptoms. Hang in there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, they had me on Seroquel before I knew I had Lyme. It helped with my anxiety (along with Klonopin and Lexapro), but I developed a white-coated tongue and brownish pigmented areas all over my nose and cheeks while on this combo of meds. I didn't realize Lymies should avoid Serotonin. That would explain why St. John's Wort makes me feel sick. It used to not do this.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by polar blast:
its been a month already and I have not gotten better...how could a herx last this long?when if ever will I get better?
eric

Polar, you know from reading on here that feeling poorly for a month is not unusual.

Is there anyone that can stay with you, or anyone you can stay WITH?

You are not always going to feel this bad.

Just hold that thought right now in your mind.

I agree with Bea's post; that it sounds like you are suffering from lyme and babesia. I have babesia too and I cannot hardly EVER get warm. I keep my house 75 in winter and still have a sweater and a jacket on and have to be pried off the fireplace.

I don't know what brainstem problem you had before but the relatively low amount of Art that you took - while it can bring you low -- will not hurt you.

I think you really should seek out someone to be with you through the worst of this to help you through it, make sure you eat enough, etc. Recruit a friend.

It will pass. Your life is far from over - you're very young and you will get better!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

I am in my opinion suffering from neuro toxicity from artrmisinin..weird breathing issues...brain stem imbalance...it is from the art I know that/.
eric

David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric, are you taking antibiotics? I herxed for months when I first started. Symptoms included exhaustion, vertigo, chills, tendon pain, disorientation, and many more.
If you are on antibiotics, you might consult your physician about reducint the dosage temporarily in order to give you some relief.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deepdig
Member # 9226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deepdig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric

Just thought I'd share my most recent situation after six months of ABX/Herbs...

Although I held back from taking ART...This month I started Mino 200mg/Diflucan 200mg/Cymbalta 60mg.

First time for all 3 meds. First time with a strong BBB abx and potent yeast killer and serotonin yada yada..

The result...near pyschosis for a month..even though I immediatly stopped Cymbalta and cut mino to 50mg and cut diflucan to 100mg...Vertigo..temp changes..COGNITIVE breakdown..couldnt find my way out of the living room, couldnt read, couldnt understand conversation, total loss of IDENTITY.

Trailz is right, Serotonin meds IMO just dont mix well....

CLONIPIN + Coragard...saved me from the Mental Ward. Chilled my taching pulse ..Lowered Bp, Totally leveled my intense ANXIETY and Breathing Blems..

AIR HUNGER has been kicking in on and off the total 6 months...The type that gets you real close to dialing 911..Found that for some reason equal parts of Peroxide and water held sublingual for a minute then spit out somehow brought me back from air hunger...it worked on 7 occassions..Oxygen?

When you get die off Especially when your break the BBB, Nuero toxin choas is the result..throw in serotinon stuff now your really stirrin the pot.

I guess what I am sayin is.Its NOT permenant..It took 5 weeks to get back most of the cognitive stuffk..today I can drive, talk, type, read and find my way around the house..

Ride the NEAR death wave....the wave brings you to outer limits far beyound comprehention. Your not ALONE..You will make it.

Posts: 30 | From conn. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi eric

sorry to hear that you are not feeling well --

I emailed you in a private message the name of a great neurologist at new york-presbyterian in washington heights.

You are very concerned that you might have damaged your brain with art--

why not check with her, Dr. B., a highly recommended professional neurologist on that? she is considered lyme literate by other medical practitioners.

and please let us know what you learn, OK.

take care and hope you are taking time off from work

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

You have been suffering so much since taking the
Art. The fact that you are so sure even after others have said that the amount and duration
could not cause such problems leads me to think
that you should have the Art tested.

Do you still have the bottle? Could this be
a bad batch? Wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe the fact that you had problems with your
brain stem 3 yrs ago has made you more susceptible to the side effects of Art.

You really need medical experts handling this
Have you seen your LLMD or a neurologist since
this all began?

This recent post is cause for concern in my mind

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=049650

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigmamma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigmamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polar,

When the worsening of your symptoms began you were taking art, mepron, and zithromax. You stopped the art, but I haven't seen you report that you have stopped the mepron and zithromax.

Are you still taking them? Mepron and zith are a VERY tough combination for some.

In some of your previous posts when someone asked you if you have consulted your LLMD or if you have an LLMD you have not replied to that question. If you don't have an LLMD I would like to see you get one soon. Taking supplements without supervision of an LLMD is dangerous.

If you DO have an LLMD, what is their response to your 'worsening' condition over the past month?

--------------------
 - Some day, this mamma's gonna dance!  -

Posts: 199 | From here | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

I went to the llmd and there is really nothing he can do..
alot of reflexes that I used to get I dont get now..like holding my breath I dont get the signal and if I run my lungs dont beat faster..so there is alot going on..
eric

MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about a neurologist? Very upsetting that this LLMD has offered nothing.
Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi polar--

I took seroquel for about 4 months--
The name brand worked perty good--

Then I got generic seroquel--
It made me Really stupid-Quickly-

I was doing all kinds of stupid things
and this is not normal for me-
even when I have not slept in days--

So becareful -- I quit taking the generic
seroquel and my brain is Much clearer--

Make sure you have someone to check the
disisions you make to make sure
you are not doing stupid things--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried stopping all meds?? THE TURTLE WINS THE RACE.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your llmd offers no sugestion at all?

No reason why the onslot or excerbation of symptoms?

And no suggestions for relief?

Do you think your llmd is a good one?

Have you thought of consulting another llmd?

Sorry you are going through so much right now.
I hope things begin to improve for you quickly.

Beset wishes

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deb obrien
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deb obrien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Polar - did you quit taking seroquel? - I took it once and felt a kinship to all those folks in mental hospitals zonked out on thorazine!!!! It's weird as a couple of lyme docs think it's the best sleeping med for us....I do much better on ambien...
good luck,
deb.

Posts: 122 | From richmond, ca, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

seroquel is to strong...
eric

bigmamma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigmamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again...

Did you try to stop taking the mepron and zith during this time or have you continued to take them?

If your LLMD does not offer solutions or explanations then I would consider another LLMD. Fast.

--------------------
 - Some day, this mamma's gonna dance!  -

Posts: 199 | From here | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NCLymie
Member # 6689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is ART?
Posts: 75 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had those symptoms from Babesia and I thought that I was going to die too. My temp dropped to 95 and I started shaking and passed out.

I don't think you got damage from the art. I think you are killing off the Babesia and you are herxing and you probably have a big infection.

I used to think that I was getting permanent damage from all the symptoms and meds but I actually have had a few normal days after 2 years of treatment. So no permanent damage.

Have faith and try to get through each day until the days start getting better.

Posts: 293 | From healdsburg, ca , sonoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NCLymie:
what is ART?

artemisinin

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement