LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It's Full Moon -- Anyone Getting Worse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Full Moon -- Anyone Getting Worse?
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both my daughter and I get worse for the first few days of the full moon. I was wondering why I was feeling sort of cr*ppy this morning, and then I remembered.

I've read on here the theories . . . it is interesting . . .

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it really? Thanks for the reminder....i always feel worse around the full moon. I have it charted out to prove it too.

For the last 3 days ive felt very very bad.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually feel more anxious around the full moon. Sort of like electricity is running through me!
Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I used to REALLY herx on full moon! It was like clockwork!!!

I am a little achey this a.m. but I thought it was because I spent 5 hrs in the car yesterday. [could be that anyway!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when we had particularly intense illness here, i used to have to actually plan everything around it.

it never failed -- the five days leading up were the worst -- then it would notably subside on the day of the full moon and thereafter.

don't know the science, but i know farmers see this for centuries and still do, know it effects animal behavior - and plan treatment of worms and whatnot around these cycles.

detox and cleansing experts as well --

full moon, the body is holding onto everything.

new moon, the body releases.

new moon is good time to cleanse, full moon is not.

with the hymalayan salt crystal baths - they too reccommend the salt bath for absorption of minerals at full moon, the same bath at new moon has the effect of a three day cleanse.

i believe it effects all of us sick or well, but if you are ill with infection/toxins i can see the reasons behind the connection.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jeff,

you will also notice a flare up when the barometric pressure falls... It's transient and will resolve on it's own.

Blessings,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The full moon usually effects me in such a way that I have trouble sleeping. But even worse is the new moon. Don't really understand it.

Studies have been shown that contrary to popular belief, crazies do NOT go crazier during the full moon, nor are more babies born.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't sleep during the full moon because the bedroom's too light.

When the barometric pressure bangs up and down with the cold fronts is when my joints ache.

I think it's from the rapid change. I'd rather have the 90 degrees and 90% humidity of August than these wild fluctuations.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
parasites and pathogens become very active at the full moon. reproduction of parasites usually occurs at the full moon, and reproductive cycles are usually regulated by lunar cycles.
this post reminded me, ive made parasite cleansing capsules to take.

brett

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, me too.

Chills started about a week ago and are at their peak. It will die down in a couple of days, always does.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesucks
Member # 10575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting.
I couldnt sleep a wink last night. Not a single hour.
Also my entire family caught a violent stomach flu....vomit....fainting..horrible stomach pain...not that its moon related..but didnt help.

Posts: 56 | From bayarea | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know over on the LymeStrategies (Vitamin C/Oral Salt) yahoo group, there is often mention of worsening symptoms during full or new moons - having to do with the parasite reproduction phase that another poster here mentioned.

I personally haven't notice any changes during the moon phases - I tracked it to see if it corresponds with my occasional 28-day Lyme flare, and for me, it does not.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have noticed a very serious detox at the new moon and a tendency toward cleaning out at this time. this is how i found out about the new moon detox.
i was detoxing really good and i figured that it must have to do with the moon or something because it was just happening on its own. i looked it up and sure enough it was the new moon that day.

brett

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes , i always notice
my hair grows to 1 foot all over.
my teeth get bigger and sharper.
i have an urge to go out and howl.
great need for meat.

yep once a month.

Charlie is closer to being right. the barometric pressure change ,usually down, indicates rain and increased humidity, hence people feel worse from the decrease in pressure.

Some times your lyme cycle just happens to hit on full moon. Thus crappy and herxing at full moon.
the lunar cycle is 28 days same as bb. thats why once in a blue moon you get a blue moon, which is the second full moon in one month.
this occurs every several years because
westerners, ie americans use the solar calender
of 28- 31 days, with leap year to compensate.

the jewish calendar is lunar . a full moon is a celebration every month.
every four years , one month is added to syncronize to lunar and the solar (gregarian calendar)

so much info.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notcrazykate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notcrazykate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually had a lot more energy than I've had in a long time yesterday, which was great.

But then last night I didn't get a wink of sleep because of my weird heart pounding thing. Not so great.

Don't know if I'd blame the moon for this or not. I'll have to keep track from now on.

Posts: 106 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After feeling really good all week, I awoke Sunday morning with pain in every joint. I took 2 Advil and laid around most of the day. Felt better by 4:30 and went to the barn for awhile.

This morning less pain but still in pain. No need for pain killers though and went to work. When I first woke up I looked at the full moon and wondered if there could be a connection. I keep a journal and plan to analyze it to see if my pain increases every full moon. I know it doesn't usually increase to this level.

Really surprised to see this thread of others experiencing increased symptoms too.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia
Posts: 293 | From healdsburg, ca , sonoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3 limes
Member # 8520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3 limes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was awake almost every hour on the hour last night also.
Posts: 23 | From Camp Hill. PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffM,
I am curious, are you both positive for babs on top of Lyme?

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today was actaully

One of my best days in awhile..

The barometric pressure thing gets me though..

joints bones - blah

cold does too... is it spring yet [dizzy]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a tough time with full moons too. Which is sad because I love full moons.

I'm also guessing Babs and parasites. *sigh*

Wheezing, palpitations... tonight. Slept < 4 hours last night and woke with ear pain that still feels weird.

My brain feels spacy and scrambled.

It usually start a few days before and lasts a few days after.

I'd like to enjoy the full moon again.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too; haven't kept track before.

Slept only 2 hrs., then up reading newspaper trying to fall alseep; did manage it.

body pain/aches so bad last 2-3 days; can barely straighten up.... [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK OK Folks....

I've been trying to tell a lot of you that there is a monthly cycle going on with lyme disease.

Some have listened some are still wondering...

If you chart out your good and bad days...sometime in the month you'll have two REALLY good days in a row...immediately followed by a week to ten days of feeling like crap!

on or off meds...

If you chart further you will notice a six month MAJOR FLARE up...

my monthly is around the 21st of every month...which just happens to coincide with the lunar changes...

My six month yearly cycle is every December and June...
And yes I'm not looking forward to next month...but I am armed with zitheromax this december...

and yes I feel crappy this month...so I just can't wait till Dec 21st...

So folks....start charting your cycles....
It's useful to know them and that way you could save your abx sometimes to hit the boogers harder durring your cycle...

And plan your IV's better to maximize your abx usage...like starting it at the begining of your cycles...
Like if you only get one month of the stuff...you could coordinate it to take in two cycles...
You would also know when to use the cyst busters...and know when a mutated offspring will be emerging so you can switch abx...

to when they are more vulnerable...

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I could almost go back to work if not for the full moon problem.

Too unstable during that time.

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm battling both Lyme & Babesia.
I've noticed I get flares both new & full moon. For me new is worse than full.

I just finished another course of Mepron/Zith last Thurs and this full moon seems to be pretty horrific.

I don't know which flare is from which pathogen, but I do know it stinks!

[Frown]
Ali

[ 05. December 2006, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: AliG ]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hope4Better
Member # 10075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hope4Better     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
weird, i notice this also, ive been feeling very anxious lately esp. last nite (full moon). i thought

i was gonna have a panic attack in my car on the way home from DC. it was awful. then i get this

breathing thing where my breathing feels very shallow..really bad last nite..when i finally got

home and tried to sleep, everytime i would doze off i would get this feeling i had stopped
breathing/mixed with a volt of electricity thro my body..i get the electricity up-age around this time

also! weird.. i thought it was the coffee i drank earlier..could be a combination...very intense dreams lately also..when i could sleep..

is anybody sleeping during full moon??? [bow]

--------------------
If Your Going Through Hell, Keep Going...

Posts: 99 | From Shepherdstown, WV | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShangSD
Member # 9899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShangSD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys dont know?

Lunatic is partly derived from the the latin word for moon = Luna

They would notice more looney activities around the time of a full moon.......and we still do, do you know anyone who works in an aged persons home?

At least now we know where the tic part of Lunatic came from [dizzy]

You see - they have known about Lyme for a long time! [Wink]

Steve

Posts: 34 | From China | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hope4Better:

is anybody sleeping during full moon??? [bow]

NOPE, def don't sleep during full moon. Keep getting jolted awake!!! Maybe if I do this ---> [bonk] I will be able to sleep!!!
Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymie tony- that is the first time i have ever heard the two good days followed by bad days.

This has been happening to me since ive been keeping track. I circle the good days on the calendar and X out the bad ones.

Any idea why we have two good days.

Right now I have two cycles going on....llmd thinks two pathogens.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full moon either make me much more energy or make me feel much more worse...depending on treatments at the time.

It's a good time I have found for me to rife. Although the herx's can be stronger.

Not a firm believer in the "full moon" stuff pre-lyme...but this disease is stranger than fiction anyway and nothing is beyond the realm of possiblity with TBI's .

lets all go out tonight and let out a loud howl at the moon. My dogs will love it...don't know about the neighbors [Big Grin]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have terrible insomnia, especially during full moons, but killing the parasites ended my sleepless nights.

Maybe they were baying at the moon?

Actually, doctor says parasitic activity is at its highest around 2am and that is why we can't sleep. He never mentioned the moon, but could be a connection.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
lymie tony- that is the first time i have ever heard the two good days followed by bad days.

This has been happening to me since ive been keeping track. I circle the good days on the calendar and X out the bad ones.

Any idea why we have two good days.

Right now I have two cycles going on....llmd thinks two pathogens.

I had noticed the two good day thing too.
I used to spend the first day in hopeful disbelief. The second day I got all exited. Then WHAM, back in the dumpster.

I finally learned to try to get as much done as possible in those two days, to try to make up for the rest of the time. [Frown]

Sometimes I still forget [shake] , then it's a wasted month. [Frown]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam sleeping great!! All Iam doing has been taking 3mg of melatonin everynight.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz real well.

Although when I started it I think I fushed something because for three days I felt almost like a herx?

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notcrazykate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notcrazykate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Never would I have attributed this to a full moon, but I haven't slept for more than an an hour at a time, and total of 6 hours in the past two nights!

My "heart thing" has continued to be bothersome, and today I have terrible joint pain.

However, my mind continues to be quite clear... this is day three of being able to think! Very refreshing.

Amazing how many of you see this problem!

Posts: 106 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no clue it was a full moon until I saw your post.

I was feeling down and one of my friends who goes to the gym everyday, has more energy than my 3 kids called me to say she was in the gym parking lot and decided to come sit on the couch with me.

She kept saying she didn't know why she was so lazy. MY thought was Hey, you go to the gym everday so take a well deserved break

Believe me when I tell you she is not one to sit still. She was a lump on the log all day.

Then my sister called and said she was coming over to lay on my couch. So the three of us sat around all day doing absolutely nothing.

Amazing.

Can't wait to tell them why they were so out of whack.

Thanks

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure wish I knew why those two good days happen...

I can only speculate...perhaps it's some kinda manic reaction and an extra dopamine release or something...

Perhaps it's cuz the little boogers are having offspring so they're too busy to bother us...

But when those babies get hungry two days later...MAN do we feel like crap!

That's why I feel it's important to use abx at that particular time...
The boogers defenses may also be down because they're busy birthing...
Maybe we can kill more of them and their offspring at that time......

just a thought!

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeh tony lets only take abx at full moon.
good idea.

did you grow long hair ,fangs and nails during the full moon like me.

the neighbors complained from all the howling.

wierdwolf docdave [bonk]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement