LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » d-LENOLATE Olive Leaf kills Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: d-LENOLATE Olive Leaf kills Lyme
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just learned that this product is very good a removing the lyme keets from the body.

Has anyone here tried this?

http://www.eastparkresearch.com/d-lenolate.htm

http://www.eastparkresearch.com/extraction_process.htm

Thanks,

john

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjwallin
Member # 9630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjwallin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD prescribed Olive Leaf and Cat's Claw as supplements to the ABX. I am now off the ABX but plan on continuing with the supplements. I am hoping that the added bug killing properties will help keep the critters at bay for a while.

--------------------
Mark J. Wallin, Ph.D.

Posts: 32 | From Holland, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read a lot about Olive Leaf Extract, but am afraid to try it without talking to my LLMD first.

It would be nice to hear feed back from people here, if they have taken it and how it affected them... THANKS [Smile]

Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry folks,

This does'nt do the job.

It may be a good adjunct for fungal removal but not a Bb killer...

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Tony.

Farah

Posts: 208 | From New Mexico | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Hay! I guess I messed up.

Has anyone TRIED the olive leaf referenced above from that company?

They claim to have a very special product.

Check out the links!!!!!!!!

THE DETOXIFICATION PROCESS -- A HEALTHY SIGN

In some cases, there may be a quick and somewhat adverse reaction called a Herxheimer Reaction. Commonly called ``detox'' or ``die off'', this refers to symptoms generated by a detoxification process.

As the body begins to deal with dead microbes, one may temporarily experience a variety of symptoms. This occurs as organisms die and the body begins a process to eliminate them from the body.

During this process, one can feel ill or develop a skin reaction. This is actually a good sign indicating that the olive leaf extract is working to help the body and has begun a cleansing action that will free the immune system to function at full capacity.

How to Handle the Effects of Detoxification

The best way to maximize the power of d-Lenolate� and limit any adverse reactions from the process is to drink four cups of water in between each dose.

A hot Epsom salt bath and therapeutic massage may also be helpful during this period to energize the lymphatic system and aid in cleansing the system.

For minimal discomfort such as a headache or muscle/joint pain, a simple over-the-counter analgesic such as aspirin or ibuprofen usually suffices. For more than minimal discomfort, one might consider reducing the daily intake until the body eliminates the toxins and dead microbes. One can then resume the original usage and if desirable, increase it slowly.

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farah and Tony, how long were you guys on this product, and how long ago?

I confess, I don't know anything about olive leaf products - never tried them.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofylyme
Member # 7900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havnt tried that product but over the past several years have tried to take Olive Leaf several times.

Every time I take just one pill I land in bed and have to crawl to the bathroom and find it almost impossible to get up and feed myself.

If its a herx its major but it might just be that my body doesnt like it.

Im afraid to try it again.

Posts: 55 | From ct | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John and truth

Probably not the product that john is promoting....

Did'nt even look at the link...

Do me a favor John...give me a quote from the link that says it actually kills spirochetes and not just flush them out...And then I'll check it out...

I have been on specific LLMD suggested olive leaf extracts...
they taste bad and I saw no significant long term benefit...

one may have even been the one you suggest...I'm just too tired and in pain to sit here and look

it up and have to go thru all the advertising garbage you always get...

So no...I may not have used this particular product...
But YES I have used one or more forms of same...along with grapefruit seed extract,grape leaf extract...

etc...I don't knock alternative remedies I know absolutely nothing about...
(except maybe cognitive water)

Read my disclaimer.....MY EXPERIENCES....

My experience with this is that it is not the answer...but a possibly good adjunct...for removal of yeast...

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John I used it last year, read about the studies
with Upjohn, viruses etc. I did have a bit more
energy however I stopped after one bottle

Another interesting link

http://curezone.com/foods/oliveleaf.html

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't tried this brand, but I have tried an expensive one considered to be the "best" for several years in health food stores.

It made no discernable difference, even in yeast issues, but maybe it would help another.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olive leaf for nothing else I have found to be good overall. I don't know about killing the ketes but it definetly me with yeast & other viral conditons.

here's some links:

http://www.manyhands.com/articles/olive.html

http://www.curezone.com/foods/oliveleaf.asp

take care
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi JOhn--I used OLE for months during candida treatment--it was the product that gave me my life back--it knocked out every virus and lord knows what else right out of my body. It's an incredible immune support and also great for yeast...

As far as Lyme, I'm not sure. I haven't tried it in a while, but will once I've gotten through Buhner's core protocol and I'm ready to add more things...

If you do try it let me know how it goes. I saw such improvement with it and I give it to my family every time they come down with a flu--it knocks it right out of them... [bonk]

Talk to you soon,

Ashley [Wink]

Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking the olive leaf for about two months ( no abx)
better with the lymes

but not the babesia - Hve to go back to the LLMD for that
mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tony and others for posting their experiences with Olive Leaf products. Very helpful to know the results that others got.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby took a different brand of Olive Leaf Extract in the past for antibiotic induced diarrhea -- was helpful. Not sure if the problem was Candida or some other bacteria.

Do not feel it did anything for Lyme.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

I just want to see if anybody else has tried this product. So......

--------------------

catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an interesting writeup on this page about the d- isomer of Oleuropein/Elenolic acid. Yes, that page is linked to one of the other major companies that tout their product as really good.

However, they did make an honest write-up on that page, which I found really useful. I even bought that little book on olive leaf extract, which was "practically useless.

Supposedly, the Upjohn pharmaceutical Company was testing L-Calcium Elenolate (Calcium elenolate came from acid hydrolysis of elenolic acid), which was proven In-Vitro (not in the body) extremely effective against a lot of pathogens, such as viruses and bacterias. There is quite a few studies that can be found on pubmed proving such effectiveness in-vitro.

But, supposedly the L-isomer binds to protein in the blood in the body (in-vivo) quickly, and therefore isn't very effective therapeutically (although it may be useful for a nasal spray).

Now, what these companies, including the one mentioned on this thread (East Park) claim is the following:

* Our product contains the D-isomer of eleonic acid/Oleuropein, which "does not bind to the blood", and "is a useful drug/product/treatment".

Now, I don't think I've found much proof that the D-isomer doesn't bind to blood, but I'm not doubting that claim.

The claim I _am_ doubting however, is whether the D-isomer has a comparable effectiveness to the L-isomer. As far as I know, there are no real studies published on that. But now that I look, there are some studies which I will have to look into, listed as sources for one of the patent's I'm about to disclose.

Here are the two major patents I have found relating to the major extracts/brands (East Park and Ameriden).

5714150 (East Park's Patent) and Ameriden's Patent. As you can see, the East Park ("D-Lenolate" brands) patent is just for a hydroethanolic extract that doesn't exceed certain temperatures (thereby producing a _primarily_ D-isomeric form). The Ameriden patent is claiming effectiveness for anti-viral therapy [using (+)-elenolic acid aka D-elenolic acid.]

I definetly have more to research on the subject, I've been trying to figure it out in my spare time. I've only had a short trial of another cheaper brand at lower doses, so there's not much I can really say. I also can't afford to try any olive leaf extract right now. I have heard from a friend, that her friend (hehe) was cured of her case of unknown chronic fatigue from it (using an East Park brand).

-- ANYWAY/SUMMARY -- I went on and on again! hehe

Basically it comes down to, if any of the products are actually really useful because of this claimed chemical (because of course other things in the extract could be beneficial for health to some degree, l-tyrosol, etc), then neither East Park's or Ameriden's product are the only ones with the "effective" form.

As the Ameriden page I linked, and one of the patents pointed out, any product that makes their extract within certain guidelines (low temperature extract), will produce an extract with some, or primarily the D-isomer (purported useful form).

Sorry if I made an overly-lengthy post, I just wanted to make this subject as clear as I understand it for everyone. It annoyed me how long it took for me to find any straight answers on it, so maybe I can clear it up for some other people.

As a last note, if I had the money to try one of these products, I would probably go with the Ameriden (being it's cheaper than the East Park) product first. BTW, D-Lenolate isn't a chemical, it's just a nickname East Park owns. If I found that effective, I would try other cheaper (but reputable) brands and see if I could find one as effective.

If you are going to try it, do at least try high enough doses, with a high enough potency (I would aim for 15-20% oleuropein) and post back at LymeNet and let us know how it worked for you.

[ 13. December 2006, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: catalysT ]

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement