LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Simple answers: mercury vs. lymes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Simple answers: mercury vs. lymes
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in the concept of truth, and it seem to imply simplicity.

Yet I'm getting sicker from Lymes, partially due to mercury toxicity which depresses immune system.

When I try to chelate, I overwhelm detox systems, and move more into brain, and get more confused.

I looked back on posts on saunas. I have electric light sauna, and I understand that even that can move heavy metals faster than body can tolerate.

Aren't there a few simple solutions that don't cost a lot of money that a disabled person can afford.

I rife a little, but I read that that can release mercury in lyme colonies making me sicker.

Dr. K says that mercury is actually a lyme killer. Seems contradictory.

Anyway, I'm declining cognitively rapidly, and I don't know why: mercury or lymes or both?

Do I have to sell my house to afford to go to an alternative center somewhere (antibiotics have not been overall helpful) to save my life?

I don't want to end up in a medicare nursing home.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK SUSAN,

Quit toying with the neuroboreliosis in your brain...

Stop wasting your money on alternatives...

Get to a LLMD and have him put you on IV or IM Vancomycin or ceftriaxone...

simple enough!?

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Susan

I don't have all your answers, but I am toxic with mercury and lead. I have removed all my amalgams and am working with a doctor knowledgeable in chelation.

He is chelating me very slowly because I am so reactive. He has chosen not to do actual chelation at this time. Instead he is giving me IV's of glutathione. He also has me on 6 chlorella daily, garlic (which he says is a natural chelator). He has me on many other supplements, but I believe the glut, chlorella and garlic are the chelators.

There are dangers in chelating alone, but GiGi or someone like her is better at describing those than I.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD and many others state that when you start killing Borellia, metals and viruses are released. Part of the program should include ways to deal with both of those things in addition to killing Borellia and any co-infections.

My LLMD wants me to see an LLND so that all of these issues can be covered. It is expensive but I think worth it since dealing with the metals alone really needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Tony could be right, you may need stronger or different abx. There is some evidence that mercury may cause abx resistance in some bacteria. I don't know if that applies to Borellia since it's never been studied but I think it could well apply.

I don't know where you are with treatment, what you've tried etc.. but if you want more direction and simply cannot afford to see a doctor, you might want to consider checking some of the lyme forums that are devoted to alternatives.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lyme-naturalhealthcare/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Aid_Buhner/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lymestrategies/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme-and-rife/
I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that I know of.

There are also book available that talk about alternative treatment for lyme.
http://www.lymenet.org/books.shtml

http://www.webshopemporium.com/lyme_disease_books.htm

To support lymenet, if you see a book that you want to purchase, go back through the first link that shows lymenet in the url, click through on one of the books that they list and then search for and buy the book that you want. This way, they will get credit for the purchase.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susantohealth, Have you had amalgam fillings or are they still in your mouth. Have you had a heavy metal challenge test?

Better, I would be happy to talk with you, but not here. I hate dodging slingshots by some of these strange people here. Feel free to e-mail me
at [email protected], and maybe we can talk on the phone.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

I would hate to see you stop posting. You have given SOOOO MUCH useful information. I don't think my and my family would be getting better without some of the information you have posted.

You have to ignore the idiots and post for the people who may not say it all the time, but really need your wisdom.

But I do understand, I feel the same way on my Michigan lyme support site.... they shoot slingshots at me constantly. It makes you want to give up.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your knowledge.
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree, I do hope Gigi doesn't stop posting. I would never be as well as I am now without her posts and help.

Susan, I'm in the same boat as you. NOt much money to treat, having to do choices... but I'm improving, slowly but steady.

Mercury seems to both help killing some bacteries (acts like an abx) but also putting your immune system down.

Many LLMD are looking into mercury and metal poisoning now.

I do feel that killing a lot releases mercury or metals because I react similar to when I take chelators. Also fungal infections are directly linked.

You need chlorella to start. It's an expensive suplement, but it's the supplement number one in my list. Without chlorella, you'll probably only be moving metals from a place to another. And inbetween, having these awful brain symptoms, anxiety, jitterness... Then liver problems, kidney, intestines...

I'm taking chlorella since April, and only about a month ago, I started feeling that I don't crave as much for it as I used to crave. I took 5 months of it intensively and I don't regret a single penny spent on it. I'm still taking it.

Now I'm on very few supplements (compared to before), only 2 herbs to kill some lyme.

Once the metals are running free, your brain will never relax, at least, it happens everytime I take a chelator and the amount of chlorella is not enough to keep metal poisoning symptoms down. The feeling is awful, total jitterness in my case.

My naturopath told me now to chelate every single day last time I saw her. But I don't. Every time I feel tired, I stop chelation. I re-start again when my cleansing organs feel well (so I'm doing about 3-4 days of chelation plus 3-4 days of rest).

Hope you'll find a solution for your chelation and lyme treatment. I spend much less NOW since I found the right treatment (thanks to Gigi!). I was spending about 700 dollars a month in March, now I'm down to about 200-300 dollars. 100 goes to chlorella!

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement