LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » went to llmd today, looking for input

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: went to llmd today, looking for input
KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I have been on ceftin and ketek for 2 weeks and my vision is awful. Worse than ever.

Saw my llmd today and decided to take me off ketek. He said it is hard to tell if it is a herx, reaction to med etc.

We decided to rethink everthing.

This is what he came up with.

Continue on Ceftin, originally I was supposed to add Mepron in after 2 wks but he told me to hold off

Add Samento ( 1 dropperful daily)

Add Artemesinin from Allergy Research Group

This last one I did not think to ask about because my mind was trying to absorb all we talked about.

I have been reading Polar's posts and is this the same thing he refers to as Art. If so, do you think it is safe to use. His posts were kind of scaring me a little.

As I said before I am a newbie but try to go on here daily.

He also told me to go www/chronic neurotoxins. com and take a VCS test and to let him know if it is positive.

He said I should also get an appt with Dr. H in NY just to see if he has any ideas on treatments other than what he is doing.

He said Dr. H is very knowledgable. He has spoken to him many times on the phone and has been to conferences where he has spoken. He thinks the more knowledge we can get the better.

He also wants me to see someone in ME about bio feedback.

Sorry to unload all this but I am at my wits end about treatment.

Oh, and I did tell him I bought the book Lyme Disease and Rife Machines. As soon as I talked he talked. Amazing that our doc's can't bring it up. He read it said to make sure I read the whole thing.

Thanks a bunch to all who respond.

I'll check back in the morning.

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I gotta say is that artemisinin is pretty darn safe. You will likely herx, but as long as you take it easy, there should be nothing to worry about.

Just my $0.02 worth!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karen

Artemisinin(Art) is safe-
Its used all over the world for Malreaia(spelling)

It is a- Must- for Babs--

Google--WHO Artemisinin --
lots of good info there--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read posts of people having vision problems from ketek

so it was probaly a wise move for your dr to take you off it just in case.

This is just my opinion as a lyme patient...

personally I think polars reaction is not from the art as a side effect. I think possible herx from TBD.

I have had alot of the symptoms he has talked about from lyme and what not. Breathing stuff, heart stuff, slurred speach ect.

Alot of us have had this stuff... probaly even more so for those of us who have been sick long term.

I have taken artesismisinin since the summer and have been ok.

If you have babs it needs to be treated. Its not something you want to neglect.

Your dr sounds very knowledgable and it is GREAT that he listens... you really need a dr that listens to beat this disease.

Since tests arent accurate all they REALLY have is what we say to try to wade through the mess to diagnose/treat is tick borne diseases.

And he wants you to get an opinion from another llmd. I think this also proves him to be a good dr. Alot of drs have huge egos and their opinion is the law of the land.

I have never met your dr but he sounds like a good dr.

Best wishes

[ 06. December 2006, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: AZURE WISH ]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone,

My dr is a great doctor, I agree. I am happy about the art feedback.

I do have babs so this is another approach we are taking.

Over the past 8 months I have been on quite a bit of meds.

Malarone, Mepron, Plaquinel, biaxin etc. the list goes on as I am sure you all know.

I am having a difficult time right now, but I know it will get better.

Having 3 children, holiday season, not feeling well has just added to the stress.

I'm off to do some Christmas shopping. Of course my brain is not functioning too well.

I hope I don't buy doubles of things since I'm seeing double.

thanks all,

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troup Brazelton
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troup Brazelton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD said that he had good luck with treating eye's that are lyme affected with meds that remove toxins from the system. Don't remember the names, but I think it is the same stuf for removing high levels of cholesterol. Ask your Doc.
Posts: 219 | From Aubur,Al. USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement