LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 2nd visit to new LLMD, Good News!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2nd visit to new LLMD, Good News!!
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had my 2nd visit, he said "we're not out of the woods yet, but we're heading in that direction".

I just had blood drawn the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for Co-infections.And for whatever else he wanted to check.

Again, none showed up. I find that strange since it seems almost everyone here at lymenet seems to have at least one co-infection, so....

although it made my day, I'm not ready to kick up my "heals",......okay, heels yet.

But maybe just maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that caught it in time.

He ran another c6 peptide. My first c6 peptide was done through my first LLMD and it was positive 5.68, The test results today were 1.96.

It had to be good news, he was happy

I haven't been having any symptoms for the last 3 or 4 weeks so, I'm to continue with the treatment / dosage he prescribed until the end of Dec. then drop the dosage back and see what happens.

All that I've read from everybody here, I'm not planning a victory party.

Saying Thank You just doesn't seem to be enough for sparing me and others for what was ahead of us down the road.

But I'll say thank you anyway for the advice and your patience of taking the time to explain things
for the 6,548th time for me and all the newbies,that didn't understand. MichelleM and NP40 are the only two who will appreciate that number. [Wink]

I plan to continue hanging out here learning as much as I can because although I'm doing good, you just never know and

Lyme disease isn't going anywhere soon. And I want to be involve with signing petitions, making calls and whatever needs to be done.

Besides from the get go, I always believed that my husband is much worse than I. We never suspected he had Lyme until I found the bullseye rash on me. So I know he has a long road ahead of him.

Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news!! I do so hope you really don't have co-infections. Time will tell.

Onward forward!! [woohoo]

I remember that number! 6,548!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great news!

Maybe you can post what the treatment/dosage is/was- would love to know what has worked for you.

Are you taking any supplements as well?

-----

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susiecv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susiecv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kennedy [Smile] I am very glad to hear you received positive news! Did your husband get into the LLMD yet? Will touch base this weekend-Smile!
Sue

Posts: 249 | From finger lakes, ny | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so happyfor you; yes, i too remember the number! take care. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What awesome news for you.

I would be interested to know what your new llmd treated you with.

So happy for you.

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you are doing well now and your symptoms are gone.

Glad your husband is diagnosed so he can get the treatment he needs.

Wishing the both of you continued healing.

Best wishes

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A gazillion hugs to you, Kennedy. Hey - there are lots of people who sneak through without getting any co-infections...why shouldn't you be one? Keep getting better!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all for your reply.

TuTu I agree with you, time will tell. It's with guarded optimism that I have about"the good news".

Because, one of the things we know about Lyme/ co-infections is that there's alot we don't know.

MarsyNY AND KarenB,
Here's what treatment I've been doing.
I'm not sure why the treatment is working for me.

I see all the different meds.everybody is doing and all the different combinations and that's what I thought was in store for me.

I was on doxy initially from my family doc, you know, "The 21 Day Cure Treatment" from June 14th until July 5th.

I was reading here what people were saying about co-infections, so after the 21 days I called back to my doc. for a follow up, they said that I was done unless I started to get symptoms. Not a word about co-infections. I was already checking around for a LLMD.

On July 24th we saw our first LLMD for the first time and went for testing the next day. Our tests were sent to MDL.

There was a hold up on getting back in and going over test results because our llmd was out of his office for hip surgery until the 3rd wk. of Aug.

My tests were positive, ( many bands ), but my Husband, only had 1 band, 41, but many symptoms,he circled 21 out of the 38 on the symptom checklist.

Aug.22nd I was started on Amoxicillin,( 3 X DAILY) to be taken w/ probenecid ( twice daily ) both 100mg.

He started me out on Amoxicillin because being Aug. was concerned about avoiding the sun, at least that's what he told me.

But his plan from the get go was that I was to be on Amoxicillin / probenecid for 8 wks. then in Oct. switch to Doxy 200mg ( 2x daily ).

I heard nothing but good things about my llmd , from people who went to him for digestive problems and also I contacted Gail S.

the co-chairwoman of the York Lyme Disease Support Group,and she said he knows what he's doing.

The few times I went to see him before he retired, I found him to be a very caring and dedicated dr.

Our first visit he started me on probiotics (2 twice daily),

and a product called MEDICLEAR, YUCK!!! take 1 scoop in liquid, it's ( Nutritional Support For Inflammation, Allergies, Detoxification, and Gastrointestinal Integrity ),and

Homocysteine Factors, ( supports homocysteine metabolism and cardiovascular health ) 50mg twice daily.

All that before I started antibiotics.

With lyme panel, he also did a digestive stool anaylis, (because when I came there I had thrush from the first round of Doxy w/ family doc).Also Yeast sensitivity, and bacterial sensitivity tests.

then I was prescribed Nystatin / 4 times daily. 7 days on 7 days off. That along w/ probiotics finally got yeast/ digestive/ and thrush issues straightened out.

When I had alot of stabbing back pain mostly at my left shoulder blade and alot of neck pain, he then prescribed Naprosyn to be used w/ prevacid. that took care of inflammation after taking it a month.

And that was about it. Every problem I went to him with he resolved. I did like my first LLMD, and I miss him But, I'm very fortunate because I like my new one also and not just because he gave me good news

my first LLMD told me when I went back in for my test results that he feels that when I found the bulls eye rash,

that it was from a second bite because for as many antibodies that were in my blood that I had to have had Lyme for more than a year.

So thinking that I was in an early stage of Lyme when I went in there, I then asked him well then what stage am I in and he said Late stage borderline chronic.

My husband and I were #30 on a waiting list at our new LLMD.

I got called for an appointment, my husband still hasn't. I asked why my husband hasn't been called and he said that they aren't taking patients by going down the list.

He read my symptoms from the start of my rash until our drs. retirement and

he wanted to get me in because he believes that I'm in the early stage of lyme and he wanted to get me in and treated and I'll be outta there,

so he can bring in another lyme patient on the list.

He agreed with first llmd about treating w/ doxy but the dosage he had in mind was 100mg twice daily.

I was gonna go against him and do what my first llmd said but then I thought, He's my dr. now, I heard nothing but good things about him also from someone going to him so I decided to go with the 100MG,twice daily rather than what the first llmd prescribed.

Azure Wish, thanks for all the kind words.

susiecv,
been a while, always good to hear from you. Will talk to you soon.

And Michelle M,
I'm sure everybody appreciates you as much as I do.

I've noticed how you will take some peoples reply and go into detail so any newbie understands the answer to their question.

I think your name on here should be "Lil Miss Sunshine",for shining light on any post you answer.

"6,548" thanks to you, Or should I say "Thanks a Gazillion",...............Yep, that sounds better.

Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that you got thru this pretty quickly MAY indicate that co-infections are not a problem. Let's HOPE SO!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too was one of the Lymies without co-infections, it's possible, and I hope that's your case as well. It sure helps speed up recovery!

Best wishes.

Stella

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement