LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Have you found it was the babesiosis that caused sadness, depression ect?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you found it was the babesiosis that caused sadness, depression ect?
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, every time I start to treat the babs everything is clearer, brighter and I'm my ol' happy go lucky self again.

Have any of you had the same experience
as me? I always thought it was the lyme causing episodes of feeling down.

This is the second time around treating the babs and I don't think it is a coincidence.

Please chime in w/ your thoughts.

Stella Marie

[ 12. December 2006, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: stella marie ]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i want help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i want help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are you using to treat that?
kristin

Posts: 225 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st time....mepron, clindamycin, ketek, and artermisinin

2nd time, at the moment...mepron, clindamycin, septra ds, and artemisinin

By the second day I can see a big improvement.

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme or any of the co-infections can lead to depression. It can be depression from being chronically ill constantly or it may be the the bacteria in the brain centers itself. Those infected with bartonella often mention rages or wild mood swings.

Certainly, one wouldn't be surprised to see depression associated with babs as it can effect the brain stem and is a particularily difficult disease to deal with and treat.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. Babesia caused a deep dark depression for me. Now I'm back to my old self too. Got my silly old sense of humor back.
Posts: 293 | From healdsburg, ca , sonoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep

Babs and being sick can really bring you down-

After treatment -I am laffing my
butt off again--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelamp
Member # 7323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
surg & groovy2, What medications were you treated with and for how long ? If you don't mind me asking.

If yall are happy and laughing, then I want to know what got you to that point and how long it took you.

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 20 | From Ga | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:

If yall are happy and laughing, then I want to know what got you to that point and how long it took you.

Uh oh....Three happy people on this thread!! [Big Grin]

I took abx for 4+ years.

Balanced the hormones.

Got rid of inflammation with mangosteen juice.

Used rife the past 2 yrs. I've been off abx for 98% of the past 2 yrs.

I'm happy again!! Like I was 20 yrs ago!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not well but I can live like this and not hate life. My brain is back.

Art for 1 month
Mepron/Zith 6 months
Bicillin with some zith 11months
Mepron/Zith 1 month then didn't tolerate mepron anymore

In the Future: Tindamax/Zith

Posts: 293 | From healdsburg, ca , sonoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on my second day of mepron. So far so good. I don't know if babs is the cause of my depression, but the mepron seems to be making me happy.

It's acting like sort of very very very mild and pleasant halucinagen. But at $600 a bottle I doubt if it will take off as a recreational drug or even an antidepressant..

I read something about when people have babs it can increase the amount of histamines in your body. Histamines are what the body produces to fight certain allergies. They make you feel like crap. So... who knows?

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may really be the lyme. Babesia makes the lyme much worse, so that treating the babesia will have a huge effect. For me, just being sick has an incredibly depressive effect, so when I started to see clear improvement, this was tremendously uplifting, whether or not there was a direct effect. I'm so glad to hear about your improvement!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stella, I'm sure babs causes tons of depression, fatigue, at least in my experience. Mood up and down.

Once the babs is down, I felt sooooo much better. Lyme depression is much less important, in my experience. No more crying for no reason at least!

Good luck!

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all--have any of you used herbs or the like to help with babs? I'm just curious what natural products are out there for it...?

Thanks,

Ashley [Wink]

Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure I got rid of the lyme. I guess we'll see at day 4. I'm not herxing yet (knock on wood)

Supposedly treatment for babesia does not produce a herx from babesia. The herx is usually from the lyme.

But what it might do is increase peices of broken blood cells in your veins. That could give heart palps, tachardia and headaches etc. Also any nerve damage could feel weird.

Ashly, there's artemisinin.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Thanks so much to you all for taking the time to reply.

So far end of week one...... I'm almost like my ol' self. I really don't herx from the meds except for ocassional chills/ sweats, I just keep feeling better. These herxes are very mild compared to last time.

I just hope this will be the last time to treat the babs, but we all know how that goes!

Stella Marie

[ 17. December 2006, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: stella marie ]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement