LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Right now, I'm mad. Serious question about detox footpads etc. & real science?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Right now, I'm mad. Serious question about detox footpads etc. & real science?
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 3 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using them after all of the hype and positive feedback here....they always turn brown on me. Every time.

Has anyone here ever asked a healthy person to use them as a test to see if there is a color/reaction difference than ours?

I'm confused as whether everyone gets the same result or not?

I've heard people say their's have turned black. Mine never have. They are always brown! Is it the brand or is it the truth?

Or is it me being gullible thinking they help? I can see the manufacturers saying, "well even if a so-called healthy person tries them, everyone will have a reaction b/c we are all toxic- whether we know it or not".

I just don't know if I'm being silly doing this and spending money that is so scarce.

Also, has anyone done it long enough that a real change happens? I haven't so far.........always dark brown.

But, I'll put them on again tonight thinking they might be helping. Heck, I'd do a dance and twirl a chicken over my head if it made me better! [Smile]

Has anyone done any "real science" on these and the results? Or are they just a placebo effect thing if you believe in them? [confused]

Thanks!

[ 16. December 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: tothepoorhouse ]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't try any such footpads/ That isn't to say they couldn't help. But I would have thought I would have heard more if in fact there was really something to them! The way I would think is thus:
1)What are they supposed to do?
2) By what mechanism are they supposed to do this?
3) Is it all reasonable?

--If you can't say it is, perhaps the placebo effect is getting a "free demonstration".... ....
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my doubts for sure. But when I am sicker the pads come out darker and when I am healthier they are lighter in color. I do think they help a little.

I was wondering if anyone had tried them on their hands at night.

Posts: 293 | From healdsburg, ca , sonoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not yet used the foot detox pads, but I do use the bio-cleanse foot detox machine, which operates on the same principle. Feet are placed in water and it will turn various colors during a session. It is often the subject of heated debates, as to what is really happening. I used to question it myself many times over even during a session wondering if I am just wasting money.

I don't have science to offer, but these are my observations: I, too, notice that when I am not feeling well, the water is much darker. I also notice that with each session, I feel better, my skin tone is good, hair softens. My pH changes to more alkaline per pH papers. My daughters reactive behavior normalizes (a sign of toxicity, I believe), and experiences softer hair, too, etc. It has also been cumulative.

Not sure why yours stays a dark brown only, but it could be that the toxins in your body are slightly different?

I have a a quote by Hannah Green in my living room that says "Health is not an absence of symptoms." I know that even healthy people have some health issues, even if not manifesting yet, due to poor diets, more toxicities in our environment, etc, and that everyone needs to be a little more vigilant.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had them tested after using both using direcct resonance testing with ART and also sent them away to a place that tests them with a Syncrometer. Both tests showed several metals in the pads that were not in the before pad. You can also read the studies and before and after lab tests at kenrico.com. The pads I have used are from healthmarvels.net.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did try foot pads for a while and didn't notice any difference.
They always turned brown, but one day I decided to cut an un-used pad open, and it had brown material inside......
I noticed they were more brown when I was sweating at night.
Also, I read the details and instructions and it does not say anywhere on the box that when it turns brown, it is removing toxins, etc. It is worded very, very carefully.
They were also costing too much, �12.95 ($25) for 6 pads, so if I used 2 pads per night (one on each foot) for a whole month, that would cost a ridiculous �129 ($250) PER MONTH!

I don't know how expensive they are in the U.S, but here in the U.K they are absolutely ridiculously expensive.
You could buy a sauna every month instead, which is far better at detoxing.

Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(edited for easier reading /gg)

This is from Dr. K. I have posted it before. It was part of a 3-day Seminar on Heavy Metal Detox and Microbial Infections, etc.

Medicinal dressings and salves to draw out toxins and even tumors have been used for centuries in Medicine.

A recent example is the castor oil pack on the liver area - a prescription first introduced by the medical trance medium Edgar Cayce which has been used by medical practitioners for almost a century.

In Europe, cantharis pads are used to irritate and break the skin and draw toxins from the lymphatic system.

In the 60s a Japanese healer introduced the idea to draw toxins :trom the soles of the feet using bamboo extract which had been fermented for many years. This method was used successfully to heal many cases of lymphoma and other formerly intractable illnesses.

Over the years new ideas and theories led to the development of the Kinokatara pad, which uses a number of potent but very different ingredients (one of which is ground up gemstones).

The medicinal effect of the pads can be divided into 3 categories:

1. the energetic effect: the pads influence the underlying tissues by resonating healing frequencies into the area. This effect is purely based on physics and can be explained by the effect of electromagnetic fields, vector force fields and biophoton fields (research by Dr. Fritz Alfred Popp). In this application the pad may stay dry, harden a little bit, but may not change color or produce any other visible change. However, the clinical effect on the client's symptom may be profound.

2. the medicinal effect : people have been wearing copper bracelets for the treatment of arthritis. It has been found lately, that in these patients the copper levels in the tissues and blood really increase significantly. Copper is a potent antimicrobial agent. Similarly, the pads give off microscopic amounts of their respective healing ingredients to the underlying tissues. The pads can therefore be used to introduce healing agents gently into a selective area of the body. The skin acts as an active membrane: it absorbs only those substances and quantities, which are needed in that moment. It is difficult, to disturb a healthy environment with the application of a pad. It is easy, to introduce healing medication in a controlled way.

3. Absorption of biotoxins, xenobiotics and heavy metals: it has been demonstrated in laboratory tests that after an 8 hour application of the pads to the soles of the feet the pad may be em-iched with heavy metals, especially lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury. The agents in the pad act as an ion exchange resin which draws from the blood toxins which have an affinity to the substances in the pad greater than the affmity which they have to the toxin binding substances in the blood (such as the porphyrin-ring of hemoglobin). The pad draws toxins from the lymphatics, veins and small arteries in the skin and also directly from the matrix of the surrounding tissues.

These three principles determine the application and use of the pads:

1. To use the pads in energy healing, the healer should master one of the bioenergetic diagnostic techniques such as autonomic response testing (ART - a form of kinesiology), electrodermal testing or Kirlian photography. In
ART testing the practitioner can determine non-invasively, which tissues an stressed by toxins, infections or other types of illness. This may also apply to acupuncture points, chakras or autonomic ganglia. The pad is placed exactly over the area which is testing.

Another application is simply the placement
of the pad over symptomatic areas such as an aching tooth or jaw joint, an inflamed thyroid or spinal joint or a compromised kidney. We have seen spectaclular improvements in the following:

Tooth and TMJ problems
Cysts in the breast
As an adjunct in tumor therapy (especially if the lymphatic system is involved)
Headache and all other localized pain conditions
Spinal problems
Chronic kidney, stomach and gallbladder problems
Immune thyroiditis

I am sure that there are many other possible applications. If the energetic effect is desired, the pad may only be applied one or two times to achieve the desired change and restoration of energetic health in the area.

2. Detoxification. Here the pads should be placed over areas, where the body naturally eliminates toxins through the skin. These are the areas where we sweat most strongly: the soles of the feet, the axilla, the groin, the sacral area, the front of the neck. Here the lymphatics are closest to the skin and able to exchange toxins to the surface of the skin. The lymph system is an active intelligent system, not a passive system of connected pipes as some may imagine it. The toxins regularly found in the used pads are Cadmium and lead. The dramatic effect on mercurv detoxification has been missed so far for a simple reason: metallic mercury at room temperature evaporates al}d forms a gas which is invisible, odorless and tasteless. When the pad is sent to a lab without knowing this, the mercury is long evaporated before the pad gets to the lab. However, if the pad is sealed in a metal container and a mercury vapor detector is used, often high levels of mercury escape the pad which has been worn for 8 hours or more. As soon as the transport problem is solved, a regular lab will be able to demonstrate the presence of mercury after using the pad.

Another way of demonstrating the presence of specific toxins is the use of ART: the direct resonance phenomenon allows to scan the used pad for the presence of otherwise hard to detect neurotoxins and xenobiotics. We found a profound effect on the elimination of Lyme neurotoxins, Babesia, PBDEs (flame retardants) and other man made chemicals. We use the pad as an adjunct in detoxification with the following indication:

Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
Adjunct in the treatment of Lyme disease and co-infections
Anti-aging medicine
Heavy metal detoxification

I recommend to stick the pads on the feet so they work like an arch support. I prefer to use the pads during the day for 8-10 hours when the lymph system and the blood circulation is most active. The flow in the lymphatic system is dependent on the movement and contraction of the muscles.

In ART testing we found that a rhythm of 3 weeks on, 2-6 weeks off is most effective. Dependent on the condition of the patient I may recommend 1-3 cycles. If the patient has no improvement after completion of the first cycle (which is rare) other methods of treatment are asked for. I always use the pad in association with other detoxification methods, such as oral DMSA or cilantro.

We found that the pad decreases the amount of toxic metals eliminated over the kidney, which is highly desirable. The kidneys often get damaged during the process of toxin elimination. The pad draws the toxins via the skin out of the body sparing the kidneys. One could say, the pad becomes a third "throw-away" kidney.

3. Using the pad as medication:

There are 2 ways to establish the need for the pad. As a homeopathic doctor I would study the proovings of the individual ingredients of the pad.

The principles of homeopathy have been established by giving a particular agent in small doses to a volunteer for a few weeks and study the changes in the persons body and mind. Later, when a patient comes with these exact symptoms, the practitioner gives a homeopathic dilution of this same substance to the patient and often witnesses improvement in the patients condition. Establishing the proovings for the ingredients of the pad would give a clear indication as to when to use the pad.

However, as an ART practitioner I use the yin-state testing in ART. The pad is placed on a signal enhancer (proprietary instrumentation in ART) and the patient is evaluated with ART and HRV (heart rate variability) to see, if a parasympathetic healing state (yin state) is triggered by the presence of the pad in the field of the client. If the answer is yes, it predicts that the client will improve by using the pad. Again, yin state testing can now be used to establish, where on the body the pad should be placed.

Side effects:

The only side effect I have observed so far is the occasional irritation of the skin. In some cases this was a true allergy to the glue in the dressing material. In this case the pad cannot be applied with the tape provided and I switch to a non-allergic medical tape. I have also seen the eruption of chronic underlying fungal infections at the sole of the foot. I have published a paper on the relationship between heavy metals and fungi: fungi store metals in their cell wall and help the body to keep the toxins in a biologically contained form.

As we remove the metals from the fungi with the pad, the immune system starts to attack the fungi in the skin and there will be inflammation, skin eruptions and discomfort. In this case I use a medical, antifungal cream, evaluate the client's diet and change it. After the situation. is resolved it is, safe to return to the use of the pad.

Take care.

[ 13. December 2006, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heathnicole
Member # 9313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heathnicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi!
That really helped me understand them better.

I also order from health marvels ( off of Scott's website) and I love them.

But like anything . .you can be skeptical especially of something like these

Heather

Posts: 74 | From Florida | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The HealthMarvels pads are less than a dollar a pad. Definitely not what you are paying in the UK. They also ship to the UK if you are interested.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

EXCELLENT writeup Gigi. I got a few ideas for testing folks with ART and the pads from reading it. Thanks!!!

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
The HealthMarvels pads are less than a dollar a pad. Definitely not what you are paying in the UK. They also ship to the UK if you are interested.

Thanks Scott, then I might well order them from the U.S and give them a try.
Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Thanks for that in-depth informatin about the foot pads.

I started using them at the beginning of treatment. The ones I initially used were called Podi Pads. When I used them at night, they turned pitch black. I finally switched to the ones at healthmarvels, because they were less expensive.

One of my symptoms is olfactory distortion, and the smell of these pads bothered me a lot over time. I quit using them nightly, though I felt they were helping me a lot.

Now, I use them about one or two nights a week.

When asked to list things that were important to my early healing, I always include the foot pads.

By the way, the healthmarvels pads tend to turn more brown than black. I think it depends on the substances used in the pads.

Hope this helps.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.akgnaturals.com/raffle2006.html

Just wanted to let you all know that podi patch having a raffle for a month's supply.

I think the raffle is for only a week so you will need to sign up soon.

They also are matching your purchase with the same amount for free.

I have tried two different kinds of foot detox pads and felt that podi patches helped me the most. I noticed an increase in energy and the pad came out darker and with more goo than the other kind I tried.

I order what I can when I can...which is not as often as I would like.

[ 16. December 2006, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyshines     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone advise which HealthMarvel pads to use?

The Blue says it's for fibromyalgia, lyme, and psoriasis. Green and Gold are for Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia, and heavy metal poisoning.

If I have lyme and want to do metals detox too, should I use different ones and switch off?

Also, somewhat unrelated question. I have a friend with Lupus and associated arthritis. Does anyone know which is best for her? (Many of the 'colors' mention arthritis in their treatment list.)

monkeyshines

Posts: 343 | From Northern VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I have posted on here regarding my daughter's use of the pads (the ones you can get through Scott, "healthmarvels"). All I can tell you is that she is sleeping better and seems to have more energy. Placebo or not, something is working.

She has been using them every night for the past two weeks. Each morning, the goo is overflowing into her socks. She sweats a lot, so I'm sure much of that is from sweat; but, nasty things come out through sweat.

Poultices have been used to draw crap out of the body for centuries. I was very skeptical at first. It is really important for me to use every dollar wisely.

In this case, I feel it's been money well spent.

I used them one night, but did not put them on correctly. They were dark even then. I don't have Lyme, but that doesn't mean I'm the picture of health.

I'm sure I have enough garbage in my tissues dragging me down. I'm going to give them a try and see if it takes a load off.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm glad you asked about the colors to order. i tried the blue and red and they didn't seem to have any effect, so i'm using the gold.

i'd be interested in hearing what others use.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone who posted.

My husband, who sees me putting these on every night, says they are a gimmick. And sold by people who take advantage of us trying to get well.

Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. I don't know.

[confused]

He says...."here, let me sell you some snake oil from a traveling cart".

I believe him, as I admit I will try most anything to get well. However, he is very wary of anything I buy that isn't part of my LLMD's protocol.

My husband loves me and only wants what is best for me. He's lived with me through serious lyme illness for over 15 years.

While the people who sell these extra things we test, like these footpads, vitamins, herbs, rife machines, special saunas, juices etc. promise to help us,they don't really care about us as victims of this disease.

So many of those take advantage of us in desperate need, and are in fact, just in it for the money.

Shame on them for taking advantage of us... whose incomes are seriously affected by this disease. We are sick and their touting products that dont really help give us false hope. [Frown]

I still have a few footpads left so I'll use them. But I'm starting to think, if any of it really helped, many of us would be better by now.

Am I wrong to post this here to warn people to be wary of snake oil salespeople? [Frown]

If something really worked, I'm sure the folks we trust would say.....drop everything you are doing. This will help you!

I haven't seen this as yet, so I think I might just give up on extra things that cost me money I don't have.

I've connected with so many of you I just wanted to put this warning out. I hope I'm wrong and someone will come on here and prove it.

Consider it a challenge.
[Cool]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading Scott's story on his website, www.betterhealthguy.com, you can see that the road to getting well is a combination of treatments.

It also seems that each of us use a different path to get there. With 300 different strains of bacteria, I think there needs to be room for trial and error to find the magic combination.

Unfortunately, not all of us have the financial luxury to experiment. It is very helpful to read all your experiences with different supplements. I get the feeling that LLMDs are taking their cues from their patients.

If you feel the foot patches aren't giving you benefit, then don't waste your money. If you find something that really helps you, please share it.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could take 3 pans of water. Leave one plain, put a tablespoon of vinegar in one and a couple talespoons of baking soda in another to change the ph.

Then you could put a foot pad in each one and leave it overnight and see if they look the same as when you use them.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many positive things said... how did you arrive at your conclusion that the footpads are just like 'snake oil?'

As a side issue: I think this term 'snake oil' comes from when the doctors were trying to discredit homeopaths and their remedies many years back. Snake venom in small doses were used to reverse the effects of snakes bites by homeopaths.

Yet, I was recently informed that this is what the hospitals use for treating snake bites (?!). Think there is some strange irony about that. Snake oil did/does prove to be effective.

Snake venom is also used in some homeopathic remedies today, for circulatory issues, with success.

But not to confuse... I believe it is very important to follow your intuition.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all get mad at things for different reasons, and you are no exception to the rule. I always want things to work fast and surely...I wait most of the time.

You will be well!

www.photos4yourlife.ifp3.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried them for three weeks a little while ago. They all turned brownish on me. I wasn't really sure they were doing anything myself, to be honest. I know that there is somewhere you can send away to have the pads analyzed, but here is where my skepticism comes out. If you really want to find out if this is possibly legit, try this procedure that came to me after I had, ironically, ran out of foot pads.

Take a set of identical type pads (gold, green etc.). Do not wear both for one night or day, but only apply one as normal. However, for the other pad get a little bit of salt and (distilled preferable) water and moisten the other foot pad to simulate sweat. Put a book or some other light weight source on the moistened pad and leave it before the amount of time you have the other pad on. If possible, leave it near a slightly warm environment. You're trying to simulate what this pad would go through stuck to your foot.

When the time is up, take both pads off and compare. Are they the same color? Are they the same texture? Smell similar? Etc.. If they are the same and you have the money and time, send them away one at a time to the lab that analyzes the foot pads. If they are legit you would expect to see one with toxins and one without. If they both come back as full of mercury or what have you, you know someone is trying to make a dollar off of "new age hippy crap" and people desperate for relief [Roll Eyes]

Another experiment you could try would be giving one to a family member who is as healthy as healthy can be. Yes, this is a little costly and time consuming, but it may give you some peace of mind. Remember to eliminate as many variables as possible during the test.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 14 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The detox pads have given me more relief than anything else. I use them every night now. They are an improtant part of the routine that has enabled me to resume a normal work schedule.

When I first started using them I was in agony and they were the first thing that gave me any relief, truly a godsend. They allowed me to sleep and helped control the constant buzzing/vibrating/pin pricks in my feet & ankles.

For the record: I do not sell foot pads or have any affiliation with anyone who does.

I have found podipatches (www.akgnaturals.com) work the best. The original "stinky smoky" ones work the very best but have a big smell problem. I use Podi-patch Heaven now (no smell and adhesive sticks well & removes well. I stock up when they have their holiday specials.

I've used various ebay patches. Green seemed to work best for me. At one point I was using 2 or 3 patches on each foot and so I used the cheapest patches. I ultimately concluded that one podi patch was more effective than 2 or 3 ebay patches and one ebay patch just didn't do enough.

Different pads turn different colors. There is a big difference in smell though when you are more toxic. If you drink too much alcohol you sure can smell it in the pad.

Thanks for the great info Gigi.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used them every day for an entire year - actually a little bit more than that. And they were continuously black/dark brown and oozing through my socks. I started them at my LLMD's suggestion about 3 months into treatment.

And I have my life back. I've been off abx for over 2 years now.

I used the patches a few nights a month for maintenance, and I gotta say, they now are tea colored when I use them.

For me, they were worth every penny.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to add my experience.

When I was first ill 16 mths ago, I read about podi-patch pads here and people's good experience. I ordered 10 and felt they did nothing for me. (back then I expected immediate results from everything) They did come out very black and oozy.

Now, 16 mths later, this post made me order some again only this time I ordered from healthmarvels.

I have been slowly detoxing metals under a doctor's care for 6 mths. I received the healthmarvel pads and the first night only 2 small spots of oozing on both pads. The next night I made real sure the pads were against my skin and again, only two small spots. The rest of the pads were dry.

What do you think? Am I that much less toxic?

It is also worthwhile to mention I met with my doctor yesterday to review my most recent bloodtest results. Everything is NORMAL!! (this is not lyme tests but normal blood panels) Nothing on my bloodtest was normal when I first met with him in April of this year.

He declared me a success story and I am now on monthly maintenance for detoxing.

I think the pads seem to agree. What do you think?

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All other remedies taken, foods eaten, detox methods used play a role in what you will end up with in footpads. The body does not release toxins like turning on and off a faucet. Much of the toxins is locked away and the body for a variety of reasons will not release it until it is ready and able to do so.

I use them on and off all the time to detox what we pick up every minute as we live on this earth.
Not all toxins make it into the feet. Many heavy metals, toxic metals, do get to the bottom of the feet because of gravity. Ever wondered what this plantar fascitis is all about that so many complain about? It will take a long time to bring down a molecule of mercury from the brain if it is locked in the cells there somewhere.

Mistrust - snakeoil - !!! Dentists who started using mercury (Quecksilber in German - though it was invented in France) more than 150
years ago were called the Quacks. They formed the ADA denying admission to the dentists opposing the use of mercury (Quecksilber).

Today it is the reverse - the people taking out the mercury of the teeth are nastily referred to as the Quacks and the doctors advocating detox footpads or the people with enough brain to "invent" the pads are called the Quacks as well as snakeoil salesmen.

Don't use it - don't use anything that you don't trust. We AAALLLLLL have a choice. You have a CHOICE. Take it or leave it. Most people are able to still think for themselves. If my husband were negative on any of these alternatives or the use of footpads, I would probably make a deal with him to try one and at least prevent that he also gets ill and assure his longevity past mine. It may be a few pennies lost or a fortune won.

Just rememember that the body has its own time schedule. If the body were to release all the accumulated toxins in a year's time, we would probably be dead before they all get to the exit. In most people it took years to accumulate them and lock them away somewhere in the body! Only when the overload alarm bell rings, do we start to suffer. Until that time, we sort of live in the twilight zone - not completely well, but also not yet dysfunctional. CHOICE!

Now I am going to bake a few more Christmas breads!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I dont think they are a gimmick. When I used them yes they turned black.

I felt TERRIBLE the next morning, suicidal stiff sore. It was to footpads.

Every time. Detoxing too much too quicklly.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this in my in box and wanted to pass it on. Someone in Washington won the raffle. Congratulations!

Now, it is still not to late for the "You Buy - We Match" offer. Many took advantage of it, but others might want to wait until the last minute, and some might have totally forgot about it. In any case, here is your last chance, you have until midnight (PST) to order your Podi Patch - Heaven.

So, click on the link www.akgnaturals.com/raffle2006.html and give yourself a gift.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread has been incredibly timely for me, so I thought I'd share my podi patch experience...

I ordered a set of 5 podi patches exactly this time last year - and tried one set on the Dec 26, '05.

Whoa! Within 2 hours I was nauseas and had intense abdominal pain - I took them off, and they were already dark and oozing. Barely slept that night, I was so sick, and continued to be so for the next few days.

Spoke to my LLMD about it, who suggested that perhaps it was too much for my system to handle at the time, and that I save the pads for about a year, to try again when my body chemistry could be different.

So... in light of this thread, I pulled out my year-old podi patches (hope they don't expire) and have used them for the past 4 nights. Black and oozing - but no nausea, no abdominal pain... and I've slept well, with less pain in my feet and legs.

Now I find that I'm disappointed that my meager supply is gone - so off to hit the podi patch matching special I go! (Thanks for the sale info!)

I know I need to detox, and anything that might work is welcome.

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement