LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » steroids bringing out rash?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: steroids bringing out rash?
am36
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for am36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asking this for curiosity...

before we knew I had lyme, they thought this was an autoimmune disease. I was put on a fairly high dose of steroids and immune suppresants.

Within a few days I had a rash on my very lower back that the dr dx as ringworm.

Any possibility that it was really an old (very old) em rash that was brought out again by the steroids (which are the worst thing to take with lyme, as I've learned the hard way)?

Is it possible that an em rash that I don't recall having years ago (may have had one, just don't remember) would relapse years later if provoked by something?

thanks

Posts: 169 | From former Philadelphian | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Yes and unequicicably YES.

I had my first notice of EM BULLSEYE rash only after six months of orals...

I have had other multiple kinds of rash also...

THis duck who suggested ringworm should have his neck wrung.

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD called me a trashy -eerr I mean, rashy patient. I never took steroids - prior to my diagnosis though a lot of rashes came and went with merely a shrug from my PCDuck.

Now my rashes are getting the recognition they deserve from my LLMD. Interestingly, I now get little clusters of bruises-like someone is poking me with their finger-LLMD's PA suggests even they could be lyme rash.

So-even my rashes have multiple personalities. [Razz]

CarolcobweB

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brene
Member # 10180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brene   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG that has happened to me as well! Ever since i started getting sick I sometimes get a strange red rash on my face and neck that looks like tiny bumps, which my dumb doc thought was rosacea. I was then put on steroids for inflammation in my throat (which they still dont know why) and it caused most of all my symptoms to get worse including the rash & throat. I even had 102 fever. I will never take that stuff again.

--------------------
--------------------
http://www.brenewilson.com

Posts: 7 | From Delaware | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told I had "ringworm" in 1975 by a doctor in OK. Of course Lyme was not even named at the time.

In 2001, when my symptoms were rampant I noticed a rash on my neck that was somewhat similar to the one I had before. It definitely looked like a bullseye.

The duck I was seeing then didn't even think about Lyme and told me to use something OTC that made it worse! [loco] I has totally forgotten about that time!

So, to answer your questions, the rashes can take various forms and reappear whenever they feel like it! [Eek!]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
am36
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for am36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow
thanks

Posts: 169 | From former Philadelphian | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement