LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chlorella: When to take

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chlorella: When to take
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 5 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a chlorella that was recommended to me.

The bottle says to take it with meals, but I understand that it has a binding ability.

Should I take empty before meal so it doesn't bind nutrients/meds/supplements with the meal?

Does it need to be taken like charcoal or Questran 2 hours away from anything else one wants to absorb?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I am sending a small donation--perhaps money order--because I'm still a little fearful of the "powers that be". There's a saying that makes me smile: Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not really out to get me!

Susan

P.P.S. I've edited this 3X to correct spelling. I can't believe I used to be paid to edit manuscripts when I see how poorly I write now.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 30 tablets about 30-40 minutes before lunch once a day. The tablets should usually be chewed. I do try to take it alone and separate from all the other stuff.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take a palm-full (handfull , small hands), before I eat. About 30 minutes, but sometimes it is only 10 minutes.

I might try Scott's technique . . . it's easier to remembeer once a day instead of 3 times a day.

Sometimes I just take a handful. It can't hurt you as far as i understand.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 10 500mgs 30 min before each meal while chelating.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My instructions say it is not necessary to spread them out over the day. You can take them all at once. I had been taking them before bedtime. I think I will start taking them 30 mins before a meal as the others do.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madhattan
Member # 9760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madhattan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chlorella tablets should be chewed? I have been swallowing them whole! In fact, two other people told me to swallow them...wouldn't it be pretty nasty to chew them up?
Posts: 33 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are lots of different brands of chlorella. The ones that I've been taking are definately not to be chewed up! I'd never get many down that way! My routine has been to swallow several 4 times a day.
Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told to take Chlorella at least 2 hours apart from everything else (supplements and meds) except anything you are taking to help Chlorella work.

It will bind with medicines, vitamins and minerals so you don't get full effectiveness of them.

That's why I don't take it. I couldn't fit it into my schedule.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing in the morning, 1st dose.
Then 30 min before meals: 2nd, 3rd dose.
Then before bedtime.

But you may try the one time dose if you're not on active metal detox. I find that when I'm on active metal detox, I need many smaller doses (each time, half a handfull). I take about 6 times a day to keep metal intoxication symptoms down when I feel too toxic.

Don't forget milk thistle too. At least once a day.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I've used chlorella I use the powder. Seems better to me not to have to take so many pills to get the same amount.

If you are chewing all these tablets why not take
the powder? Are the tablets better for some reason?

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is everyone determining their chlorella is not contaminated with mercury?

Chlorella sucks up mercury so well, it will do so in the environment in which it grew, then release it into your body.

Don't rely on the bottle saying it has been tested. I did (Earthrise brand), and got a batch so contaminated it came close to stopping my breathing due to acute mercury poisoning.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madhattan (read your other post mercury high)
If you still have amalgams it would be wise not
to chew the tablets.

dguy - Chlorella from Biopure and Nutricology
are grown in controlled enviorments using filtered water etc. Canada.

How did you know that the chlorella was contaminated, did you have it tested?
I had a very bad reaction to a different brand
and thought it was because it was moving the
mercury around. It would be good to know
the difference.

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the difference. [/QB]

What kind of reaction did you have? I got bad muscle pains last time I tried Chlorella.

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarsyNY:

How did you know that the chlorella was contaminated, did you have it tested?
the difference.

I experienced breathing problems such as air hunger and waking up at night gasping for air. I learned this is a sign of acute mercury poisoning.

I had the chlorella tested and the levels were the highest the tester had ever seen. Chlorella is risky stuff, IMO.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

That's pretty scary.. Now I know why most people
stick with Biopure or ARG products.

Where do you send something like that if you
want to have it tested for metals?

BF - 1st hives then severe brainfog almost confusion. Severe enough for me not use Jarrow
chlorella again. And I do like alot of their products.

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella moves metals from extracellular tissue and connective tissue only. It does not mobilize metals from intracellular space. Only Cilantro does that, and DMSA. So if you have a lot of heavy metal deposits in your joints, feet, collagen, there. you are bound to feel something when it is moving.

The trick is to slowly start mobilizing metals - under the guidance of a trained physician. ONLY!

"The only way out is the way through" -- I have been told that many times during my heavy metal detox. This is not like taking an aspirin and then it is gone. It is a slow process that will take many months, more like years.

Please find someone who is able to test you energetically, ART or other biofeedback for anything you want to use for detox. It is so much easier. The body changes and you might need a different mobilizing agent in a few weeks.

If it does not test well for you don't use it.

Not all detox agents fit all people. The metals are not stored in the same place in everybody and require different agents to get them to move on and move out.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dguy, how did the person test the Chlorella? Just curious.

Have you been tested for heavy metal toxicity? Do you still have amalgams in your mouth?

Chlorella usually is the agent that protects us from severe reactions because it readily binds with it in the gut and moves it out. But it's got to be in the gut to catch it before the metals move on down via other agents (die-off from abx or other killer meds). If the chlorella is not taken at the right time, it is not effective. That's why 30 min before a meal, and bedtime etc. You have to be covered at all times when killing Lyme bugs, parasites, viruses, fungi, etc. -- all of them are holding heavy metals (for your protection!!!!!)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Dguy, how did the person test the Chlorella? Just curious.
Have you been tested for heavy metal toxicity? Do you still have amalgams in your mouth?

The test was for mercury vapors given off by the chlorella.

I had high mercury, did the whole amalgam replacement thing, followed by months of chelation, retesting, etc. The whole process didn't resolve any health issues for me.

I think mercury needs to be VERY high to have a serious impact on most people. Furthermore, for those battling Lyme, research shows mercury acts on the immune system in a direction opposite that of Lyme, thereby actually creating more of a balance in the immune system.

klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MarsNY,
I tried some expensive chlorellas and could not tolerate them (really bad cramps and gas). Jarrow is the only brand of 3 I tried that I can tolerate, so I guess we are all different, or maybe need different detoxes.

For example, many people say Burbur or Sarsaparilla work great for them, but neither did anything for me. I wish we were all the same, it would save us lots of $$$$ if we didn't have to try so many things.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement