LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Salt and Vitamin C Treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salt and Vitamin C Treatment
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, anyone have an info or experience with this treatment? I've been on and off oral and IV abx for two years, still battling lingering symptoms.
Thanks!

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been doing salt/c for approximately two months now and progressing well on it. Had a strong herx reaction fairly early on that was different from previous experiences, and smaller ones since then. I think that the salt addresses the parasitic issues that can come with LD. It is recommended by Dr. K.

I don't rely on salt/c alone. I am also careful with my diet. No wheat, dairy, carbs (except potatos) sugar, etc. I never 'cheat' because it ends up hurting me. Otherwise it would be a different story.

Always good to run things by your LLMD too, especially if there are blood pressure issues, etc. But the salt actually improved my health as I was low to begin with. Sea salt also provides a lot of useful minerals.

Hope this helps.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I've been on "regular" abx for a couple years, on and off, but still have lingering symptoms, mostly neurological. Did you use traditional abx too? I just did a month of IV Rocephin and saw very little herxing, other than fatigue.
I'll have my salt by next week and start the therapy, which my LLMD approved.

--------------------
Thanks,
Rick

Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rick,

Due to extreme sensitivities, I have not done any traditional abx so I cannot provide any personal experience. Have had to rely on alternative methods/remedies, which, thankfully, have been relatively successful.

I am glad your LLMD approves. Hope all goes well with the protocol when it arrives next week.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clairenotes, your story-symptoms sound much too much like mine.

I cant eat and sugar or bread either. I get stabbing burning pains and depression with worse allergies etc.

I also cant tollerate smells, especially petro-based and molds. Im dyin here at home because of a mold problem we had in the vents. They cleaned most of it up but the small amount of spores and dust are enough.

I used to be able to wear cologne about 4 years ago. After I started on the ABX it seemed i became more and more sensitive and never recovered. Had a couple chemical exposures since then too,. Went to a dozen different docs with no help. Vertigo constantlly. Loss of smell daily.

They said it was just toxin overload coupled with the screwy hyeractive immune system with low NK levels. wheww, thats it?

ENT says everything is fine. Yea ok, go back to sleep.

Ill just take an asprin and forget this whole Nightmare. So much for my 20s

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

LH -- Sorry to hear about all of your food/chemical sensitivities. And the mold problem! I only have the food sensitivities now, but I remember several years back when perfumes and cigarette smoke would make me dizzy.

Not sure what an ENT is, but things sound far from normal here. Hope your LLMD is helping with this somehow. There are those foot pads everyone is discussing lately. Maybe that could help? And something for the liver to help it do its' job better? I like whey protein (see the thread "okay, so what about whey?"). It helps the liver somehow, and the extra protein never hurts. And vitamin C? Could you ask your LLMD about these things or other ideas?

Aspirin and a good nights sleep... What a concept. And remember when a cold was just a cold? Lasted for a week or so? Who knew that would sound like heaven someday? Hope things change soon.

Claire

break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
natural salt and c is giving me so much energy and helping me so much.
ive been doing it for over a year, and now instead of herxing i get a boost of energy.
ozone water is also helping me in this way.

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement