LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » TINY BULLSEYE RASHES AFTER SHOWER??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TINY BULLSEYE RASHES AFTER SHOWER??
i want help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9786

Icon 2 posted      Profile for i want help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone get hives or tiny bullseye rashes after a shower?? I have noticed this before and was wondering what it could be...diagnosed clinically with neuro lyme.... they were all over my legs this morning.... [confused]

thanks. merry christmas/happy holidays [Smile]
kristin

Posts: 225 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get these and I have read other people complain of the same symptom.
It's very weird. Mine are not actual bullseye rashes, just like small multiple EM rashes and they don't last very long.

Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time I had this was about a month after being bitten--I had them everywhere, all over my body, and mostly only after taking a shower. Since that particular stage and after IV rocephin I never had them again... [Wink]
Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susiecv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susiecv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had marks which suddenly appear (feel prickly & itchy at first)& quickly turn to "bruises" pretty much every month since original rash-almost to the day! For the first few months they were near original site on front of thigh-then had a true "bullseye" on my back-which only was clearly visible after showering-

The other day an itch/bruise appeared on the back of lower leg-Very weird & very disturbing...but... if the worst of my symptoms from this disease are this ...I can deal with it!!! [Smile] Hoping the abx knock it out...

Does anyone else have ongoing skin reactions? Any input into how serious a symptom this may be is welcome!
Sue

Posts: 249 | From finger lakes, ny | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning, prickly, itching skin symptoms have been a real issue for my fiance (along with neuro symptoms). Although he hasn't gotten EM-looking rashes after bathing, the hot water would exacerbate his "bumps" (but also make his skin feel better--very mixed bag!!). He did get periodic recurrences of his original EM rash, that would start at the site of the bite and radiate out--but not associated with bathing.

Rifampin has been the medication that has started to help with his skin condition. He has slowly added some Cat's Claw (rain-tree.com), which feels like it is also going after something slightly different in his skin.

For symptomatic relief, he sprays himself with a peppermint enzyme cleaner that can be purchased at safe2use.com. It was recommended by jwf, who used to post here. He has also used artemisinin gel, which you can get at vitaminshoppe.com.

We still have a ways to go, but may be turning a corner, FINALLY!

Just some ideas...
Best to everyone,
Aviva

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you take a hot shower?

I have found sometimes heat, either from moist heat pads or hot showers can sometimes bring them out. Not the regular blotchy skin you can get from heat.

Durning treatment I had several occations where I had a dermal herx & covered head to toe with bull's eyes. This lasted a week or so than cleared as the herx cleared.

You should mention that this happened to you to your LLMD.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a hot shower, I could see the outline of my original bull's eye for about 6 months.

It was a 6 inch evenly red circle, whereas my original had rings and various shades.

I also had what I think was a secondary EM that started 2 days after my picc line was removed.

(I had been undiagnosed for 9 months, and then had one month of ceftriaxone)

For this secondary EM, the doc that treated me with the ceftriaxone wanted me to take steriods.
Yikes! I am glad that I had done some reading.

I was in full lyme relapse within 3 weeks.

Von

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement