LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rays of Hope: Just climbed Kilimanjaro-tallest Mtn in Africa @19,300' with my family!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rays of Hope: Just climbed Kilimanjaro-tallest Mtn in Africa @19,300' with my family!
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a report to my Lymenet buddies that my family, (we all have been tested and diagnosed with Lyme) just returned from Tanzania, Africa. My son and I summited Kilimanjaro at 19,300 feet(highest point in Africa) and my wife made it to 15,000'. She would have gone to the top, but the altitude sickness prevented her from doing so.

I have had Lyme since 1987(untreated until Dec 2000), my son was born with it according to Dr. J in New Haven and started treatment in 2002 and my wife has had it since 1988.

Previous to treatment my son was in special Ed and couldn't run around the track once without severe chest pains. He is now in college, getting A's and on the water polo team. He still has Lyme, and uses abx it keep it in check. We all have made significant progress fighting this infection and I think the climb, demostrates that well.

I also continue to have Lyme and use alternative methods to deal with the infection. Currently I use 1) rife, 2) DC microcurrents, 3) far infrared, and supplements. For the most part, I do not use antibiotics, although I am not against them. In fact, I used them on the climb, as I was away from my rife machine. The main reason I turned to rife techniques was that the cost of the antibiotic treatments was putting my family into the poorhouse with only mediocre results(for me).

If you are interested in alternative treatments, this is what I am using (I owe this approach to the wonderful people on Lymenet, like Marnie, GiGi, and Burrascano's document):

Electromagnetic tools:
1) AC Electromagnetic Fields : Doug Coil- Uses alternating current thru a coil, to produce electromagnetic fields that kill Lyme bacteria based on in vitro experiments with Bb bacteria. Ref: Bryan Kersner's Lymebook. Weekly sessions 15 min @ 432 hertz, 15 min @306 or 610-612. I have coil, pad and plasma devices, they all work, but I like the radiant devices over the pad devices, as I think they are a little safer for long term use.

Abstracts below from the Bioelectromagnetics Journal demonstrate that there is a lot more going on that just killing of the Lyme bacteria. We are just beginning to understand the impacts of EM fields with our body.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/112097248/ABSTRACT;

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/110491764/ABSTRACT;

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109876570/ABSTRACT;

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109741956/ABSTRACT;

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109075387/ABSTRACT;

2)Direct Current healing sessions using the KMT24 (as Gigi will tell you, this is not a rife device!): The KMT 24 uses Direct (DC) microcurrents for increasing production of ATP, protein synthesis among other things. I view microcurrent sessions as healing time which make my body stronger to fight the Lyme infection. DC microcurrents are used in mainstream medicine to accelerate the healing of broken bones and soft tissue injuries.

3) Far infrared heater for sweating + detox.

Supplements: I do take supplements. These include:

CoenzymeQ10 for energy (Burrascano http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

Lecithin for choline & P - see Marnie's posts

Mg (citrate, malate & taurate) - see Marnie's posts

Ca Citrate

cholella and milk thistle for detox

Gingko bilboa - (Burrascano http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

Niacin for cholesterol

3 essential fatty acids: for cognitive function

8 essential sugars: http://www.amazon.com/Sugars-That-Heal-Science-Glyconutrients/dp/0345441060 and http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Lglyconutrients.htm

B12 & B6 (Burrascano http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

Acetyl-L-Carnitine & Phospholipid Complex (Burrascano http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

SAMe: (Burrascano: http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

Alpha Lipoic acid: (Burrascano- http://www.lymenet.org/drbguide200509.pdf)

Kefair :the yogurt type drink for ``good'' intestinal flora

Vit C, E, betacarotine & Selenium to mop-up out free radicals and cutback on oxidative stress, which causes inflammation where Lyme can hide.

Digestive enzymes

EXERCISE!!

Key Themes:
1) maximize krebs cycle, minimize cori cycle (oxidize sugars, don't ferment them)
2) get oxygen into the body...Exercise!
3) detox body
4) get pH back up to 7 by minimizing acidifying foods.
5)get body temp back to normal levels by increasing metabolic rate

Keep at it, you can get this disease under control and lead faily normal life. My son does it with abx and I do it with alternative methods. They both seem to work!

Hope this helps!

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, WOW, WoW!!! This gave me goose bumps. Thanks so much for sharing this. Kilimanjaro at 19,300 feet.....no way!!!! AWESOME!!!!
[woohoo]

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is amazing!!!!! I am greatly encouraged. What are the 3 EFA's you use for cognitive function. I can tell by reading your post that you are thinking clearly.

My Lyme has gone untreated since the mid 80's. I'm looking at starting IV abx the end of January, however, I'm also looking at alternative treatments.

It's so good to hear how much you and your family have overcome! Thanks for posting.

Kayda

[ 01. January 2007, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Kayda ]

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What GREAT, HAPPY NEWS!! i'm thrilled for you and your family. I know from experience that everything you chose for your own therapy involved gobs of hours of research, phone calling, emailing, etc... Congrats on the great results thru the blood, sweat, and tears.

Where did you purchase your rife and KMT machine?
I will read more about that...

Warmly,

Theresa

Posts: 364 | From California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what type of far inrared sauna do you use?

thanks,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
25, congrats on your accomplishments as a family! it was inspring to read.

thanks for sharing what has helped you to date. [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its wonderful when people post success stories.

WTG!

And continued health to you and your family.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations! Sounds wonderful!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly an inspiration for all of us. Thank you for sharing.

I wouldn't have been able to do this even before getting sick , but did do much smaller mountains, so even getting back to doing that would be a wonderful reality.

Again, thank you for posting. We need to hear these experiences and what brought you there. What a great feeling that had to have been.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some more info to answer your questions. What is so fustrating is that although we have our lives back(Yippeee!!!!), the bacteria is still there. I think it will be a life long battle to stay healthy. At the very least, we have bought time, until a "cure" arrives.

Kayda, I take Flax and fish oils daily, and take borage oil gelcaps a couple times a week. This supplies me with Alpha/Gama Linolenic Acid (ALA/GMA), Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA)which appear to be important for good cognitive function.

Anneke, the KMT-24 machine (for DC microcurrent sessions) I purchased from Nancy ( from GiGi's posts). Nancy can be reached at 541-488-6770. Remember, this is not a rife machine, but a microcurrent generator, which from my information provides a well documented, healing function for the body. see http://www.newcare.net/PDF/Micromodern.pdf for more info, or just google pulsed DC microcurrent generators.

The rife machine source is more complex, since there are so many types. I would go to the Lyme and rife site for more info (look under files for rife machine ratings): http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme-and-rife/

Robi, I don't have a far infra sauna, just a heater which I use 2-3 times a week, while I read the morning paper. The model I use is a "solar heat" from a company called "Sepung". Unfortunately it is an old model I and couldn't find it on a google search. I get most of my "sweating" from exercise. Actually, I would love a far-infrared sauna, just can't afford one right now.

Take care,
Ernie

[ 28. December 2006, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: efsd25 ]

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW Ernie!

I am so happy you have improved to the extent that you are able to climb mountains!

Truly, I admire your courageous spirit and your attitude toward life.

May you always enjoy life to the fullest and may God Bless you on all of your journeys.

Thank you for reminding others to never, ever give up HOPE.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

I wanted to add that although antibiotics got me back on my feet after the initial diagnosis in 2000. I plateaued after 2 years on abx and it wasn't until I stopped abx and started rifing, did I reach the next level of healing and function.

So if you have plateaued and are possibly broke from antibiotics(like I was), you may want to consider giving the alternative treatments like rife and microcurrent a try. Remember rife and microcurrent(KMT series) are different, but work together synergistically.

Ernie

lymesblue
Member # 3550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for such a postive post on New Years Eve.

My family and I have been trying to decide where and what to do for vacation this year. You have made us look at other options.

Cheers to you!

Posts: 51 | From Roanoke,Va | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vry encouraging . Thanks for sharing !

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you sharing such a positive story! I also hope you all have continued health. [Wink]
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ernie, you da man! [Cool]
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Jen had some questions on rife and I am reposting those here, because rife is what enabled me to climb Kilimanjaro.

From Jen's Post:
How long did you use rife before you began seeing that it was helping you to feel better?

When you first started rife, how often did you use the machine? What were the first few months like? Difficult ?

How frequently do you do the rife sessions now?

Do you know other folks who have tried rife with good results for lyme?

Your progress is extremely encouraging , as I do not think I can stand ABX much longer .

Thank you for sharing, jen
Jen, to answer your questions...

My Reply:

You should see some results in the first couple of weeks, but remember, at first the herx is strong, so you will feel wiped out the day after rifing, so you must detox with a sauna, chlorella and exercise. Get sweating, get oxygen in your system and get the blood moving.

When I started rifing, I first weaned my self off abx, that took about a month of doing both and decreasing the abx and increasing the rife sessions. My goal was to have minimal Lyme issues at work, so st first I would rife right after work 2-3 times a week to keep the brain tingling at bay. Within 4 -6 weeks(about), I was rifing once a week. I was using the B-3 plus amp(now called the GB-4000 (like D Bergy)and the doug coil. These 2 machines are a powerful combination.

"How frequently do you do the rife sessions now?"

I still rife about once a week.

Do you know other folks who have tried rife with good results for lyme?
Yes, Bryan Kerner (Lyme/Rifebook) and Doug of the doug coil, are two excellent examples of people who have gotten better using rife machines.

Ernie

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie,
Thanks for explaining . I am going to look into a rife machine.

This sounds definitely worth a try given the fact that it has yielded good results for others here , esp those whose guts can not live with ABX for years .

I really appreciate you taking the time to come back here and encourage those of us who are still in Lyme prison. This gives us all a little more hope.
I wish you continued good health ! jen

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and thank you. Very encouraging especially about your son doing so well.

Could you please post "Rays of Hope" on the success stories thread?

I don't know how to do it. (duh)

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, congratulations! This is great news, very encouraging. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A ray of hope, YA!!! I will remember this story when Im having a hard time even getting out of bed.

There can be a positive ending to this!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Bump for those who also want to climb mountains again

--------------------
ANNXYZ

timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to climb mountains again. I used to race over 13,100 ft Imogene Pass. Not anymore. Maybe someday. Thanks for the encouragement.

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement