LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rebounder/mini-trampoline users?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rebounder/mini-trampoline users?
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just surfing the web and saw that rebounding softly on a mini-trampoline is helpful for lymph drainage.

I'm considering getting one, but don't know best one to get? I saw one at Walmart not long ago but it looked really cheap and it didn't seem to have much spring in it. Just mesh that didn't seem to give much. [Frown]

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one of these: www.healthbounce.com It is a ReboundAIR and probably the best one out there. There is a lifetime guarantee so replacement parts are free, even for normal wear and tear.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expect to pay $1-200 for a good one. Look for guarantees, and check the shipping charge.
Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has had the one from Walmart and it has served her very well. I think if you can't afford the heavy duties, this cheaper one will work in a pinch.

You don't need much bounce. If she is feeling especially crummy, she just stands on it and alternates lifting her heals. If she feels good, she uses it like a step and lifts three pound weights.

I wouldn't hesitate with the cheaper model to start.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 health advantages of regular rebounding
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=626673

Healthbounder
http://www.freshstarthealth-wellness.com/health_and_fitness.htm

I also used to have a link to a site with reviews of all the available rebounders, but it doesn't work now.
You could google for reviews of rebounders.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corinne E
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I was told by my massage therapist that one of those plastic blow-up exercise balls will give one the same benefit. Sit on it and bounce lightly, 5 min in the morning and 5 in the evening will give a full lymph drainage workout.

That is what I use and I found it has been really helpful for circulation problems and stiffness in the morning, helps my stiff neck/shoulders.

Corinne

Posts: 461 | From Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Corinne, for the info. on the exercise ball.

I have been concerned about using a trampoline device for those that get dizzy and could get hurt falling off one of these.

I bought am exercise ball with a mat and a short video for under 20 dollars. I use the ball to help stretch and it is very easy to sit on.

I also don't have to worry about where to put it since you can use it indoors.

Good alternative!

[Wink]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gopats
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gopats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc and biofeedback person recommended this to me as well. They said to make sure the rebounder had tapered springs. They recommended Neekak or Cellercise. I bought the Needak with a stabilizer bar on Ebay. They are expensive but there were also less expensive brands on ebay, too.
Posts: 298 | From Maine | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using one for over 2 years now almost nightly. The benefits are endless - including regaining your sense of balance.

I originally bought a cheap one for $30 from a local sports shop, but the springs broke after about 6 months.

I then tried one from Needak - wowie,, what a difference. Also a big jump in price, but it's still in one piece 2 years later. You can purchase the extra stabilizer bar if you're worried about falling.

The one thing I can say is - THE MYSTERY PAIN I HAD IN MY UPPER ARM COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED after using the trampoline and doing some punching type exercises on it.

I so wish my LLMD had recommended it sooner - she had recommended it for detox.

And ladies - if breast cancer is a worry, this little 'toy' really hits those lymph glands under the arms.

Even if your feet don't leave the mat, you still benefit from using a rebounder. (And btw - I'm abx free for over 2 years now).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that simply jumping up and down in a pool would do the same without impacting the spinal cord/vertebrae.

I have very little disc (like a cushion between the vertebrae) left between L4-5 (2 surgeries). The rebounder (WalMart brand) caused a LOT of additional pain. I gave it away.

Jumping up and down in my pool (to stimulate circulation) does NOT. (I live in Florida.)

Gosh, I wish I could remember the link...recently there were studies where older folks (in retirement homes) would stand on a type of vibrating machine just for a few minutes a day and the increased circulation did absolute wonders for their overall health.

Did anyone else catch that news article?

The only thing I wonder about is: could this -> a piece of placque breaking off -> heart attack or stroke?

[ 03. January 2007, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread/suggestions. May push me to finally get one.

I have a question: of those who use the rebounder, do you think it's helped you with cardiovascular benefits, that is, increased your stamina?

Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neville
Member # 5890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neville     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried a couple. First the Weider brand. It was trash and came apart within 2 days of use. Then I tried the Urban Rebounder (the only other brand I could find without mail-ordering) It cost was about $100.

It has held up well over the last 4 months of use. I consider it part of my treatment regimen and spend about 30 min on it a day.

I don't know about the cardio benefits of it. Sometimes I do feel my heart rate increasing if I am using it vigorously. Where I have definately felt it is in the strengthing of my "core" You rebound while pitched slightly forward, so it's beneficial for the abs and back muscles especially.

Rebounding is part of what I'm doing now. And something I'm doing now is helping, so I'm sticking with what's working.

Neville

Posts: 37 | From Kentucky USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been rebounding for many years now...alternate days with a treadmill walking, or outdoors walking, weather permitting.

I have never found the Wal-Mart rebounders to be a problem, as I've had one for quite a while, rebounding for 20 minutes every other day.

The only problem I have with mine right now is a small squeak as I'm using it. Maybe, it needs oiling!

Much luck

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dlp252
Member # 10711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlp252     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neville:
I have tried a couple. First the Weider brand. It was trash and came apart within 2 days of use. Then I tried the Urban Rebounder (the only other brand I could find without mail-ordering) It cost was about $100.

It has held up well over the last 4 months of use. I consider it part of my treatment regimen and spend about 30 min on it a day.

I don't know about the cardio benefits of it. Sometimes I do feel my heart rate increasing if I am using it vigorously. Where I have definately felt it is in the strengthing of my "core" You rebound while pitched slightly forward, so it's beneficial for the abs and back muscles especially.

Rebounding is part of what I'm doing now. And something I'm doing now is helping, so I'm sticking with what's working.

Neville

Hello all, my first post...I'm not sure yet if I have Lyme, but I DO have an Urban Rebounder which I love. It's bounce is slightly stiffer than the Needak or ReboudAir, but is softer than the cheap models at the discount stores.

I think I've had it for 3 years now, and I still use it for healthbouncing and for cardio. It really can get the heart rate up, especially if you are new to working out.

Posts: 83 | From us | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement