LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I need a different head!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need a different head!
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 13 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one hurts and is empty and spinny; where do I go for a transplant?

I tried again to start ABX last week. I took a really baby dose of Biaxin for 4 days out of 5. I over did it, big time, on 125 mgs of Biaxin.

I know that barely sounds possible.
I stopped taking it on Wednesday. It won't go away!
Symptoms just keep coming and I can't get it out of me.

I'm not flipping out about it, the emotional stuff has died down but more stuff has taken it's place. My head is weird, the heat exhaustion the other day erased it.

I have no idea if I've already posted this and even less idea what to do about it. I am drinking water, water and lemon and green tea. (not all at once, heehee).

The flashing heat and chills are not stopping. I still cannot sleep very well as it's constant hot and cold. The chills just started today, it was just whole body heat radiating and slimy sweat before.

I am still trying to eat but it's not going all that well. Palpitaions, breathing issues, big trouble swallowing, hitting an all time low for cognitive(kind of impressed I remembered that word) stuff...

I'm getting more sensitive to light and things by the day and now the vertigo is so bad I'm hanging onto the keyboard to stay steady. This really isn't working all that well for me.

Yes, it certainly sounds like Lyme and Babs, I do know that, but everytime I try to take meds for it I get too toxic too fast and wind up worse. I can't even begin to entertain the idea of starting something else in this condition.

What am I supposed to do? I don't get it. I'm having a really hard time reading this so hope it made sense. I alos don;t imagine anyone can tell me but I had to post it anyway, ok?

Thnks [Frown]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what to tell you,
but sheesh, you're not even healed yet from the surgery....

[Roll Eyes]

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me either

I shouldn;t have taken even the baby biaxin
I shouolnd't have gone to the chiropractor today but I had an upper rib stuck for 3 days and couldn;t get it to budge
I think the neck adjustment did this to my head; bad idea, someone else should be incharge

Thnaks thoioug

this is whatr my uncorrected tyoing looks like [Roll Eyes]
And the probiotics are stuck in mytthroat agin

i'm an idiot

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
I don't know what to tell you,
but sheesh, you're not even healed yet from the surgery....

[Roll Eyes]

Carol

Oh, wait...
Does that mean I'm supoosed to be like this?

--------------------
more light, more love

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi True,

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Biaxin darn near killed me. When I told LLMD what happened when I was on it, he said he wouldn't dare try me on it. He said it could be even worse the second time around.

I'm wondering if maybe something like Doxy or Zith might be more tolerable for you? Those are the only ones he's put me on.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karl1
Member # 10922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi true,

My Lyme doc is asking me to stop all antis for 10 days and see how I do, then he would put me on Tetracycline 2000mg/day, back on Mepron 210ml, Roxy ? mg/day and Biaxin 500 mg/day.

Personally, I don't like to take breaks away from antis so the bacteria is always on the run and unable to cyst- hide, etc.. Also, I think it is important to change antis fairly regularly (and when there are no reactions)

so the body doesn't build up immunities to any of the antibiotics - so down the road you can reuse antis for other issues if needed.

I'm kind of like..ugh, but what the heck as I'm not having much result from the Doxy, Rifampin and Factive other than the tendonitis issue from the Factive.

Lately, I also have had extremely deep itching and tingling in my head/face/neck to the point of wanting to rip my face and head off.

I think that comes from the Doxy and Rifampin. Overall, it's minimal herxing to what I've gone through before.

But this is what I know at this point.
Tetracycline doesn't cross the blood brain barrier as well as Minocycline, etc.. thus the higher dosage. I've done so much Mino it makes me very off balance.

The mepron is for Babesiosis but also works well on the Lyme. I did 6 weeks of Mepron months ago with some herxing. Guess I should do it again, just to be sure my Babe "friends" are gone.

Roxy I really don't know much about. I do know I have to buy it overseas. It isn't offered here in the States. Need to learn more, but have heard it works very well.

Biaxin is like Azithro but is better as it works on a smaller molecule level. But based on your experience, maybe I shouldn't take it..??

Doc mentioned 2 others...Backtrum (sp) that is very effective when taken with Roxy but has a high allergy issue.

The other is Plaquinal (sp) It's not as good as mepron but has amazing results in MS patients.

I hope this might glimmer some info for you outside of being antibiotic banter, but if anyone knows more about these or such, please let us know.

Thank you and best regards,
Karl

--------------------
Uncommon inner strength must defy gravity! 5/4/06 MS.
Lyme, Babesiosis, Chlamydia Pneumoniae -respiratory infection.
9 mos./9 antis. 85-90% better. Now on Factive, Doxy, Rifampin. Used, Mino, Azithro, Mepron, Rocephin, Tini, Diflucan.

Posts: 51 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi True,

I don't have any answers, but I sure hope you feel better.

And your not an idiot, please hang in there.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Hi Ali [hi]
(I haven't seen you in forever.)

I had probelms with Biaxin 12 years ago. This was my second try, it was 1/4 of the dose I took the first time. I am not eager to ever try it again or if i did take like 3 grains every 2 weeks or something.

Doxy is also unbearable for me at ridiculously low dose. It's back to trying Zith for me if this ever clears out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your response Karl,
I have been off ABX more than on in the past 10 years, 28-30 months on. That's about 2-3 months a year average.

Yes, this totally explains the position I'm in but I need to be able to find a way to take the ABX. That is the challenge I'm facing, now, and I think I'm finally getting an understanding how that might be done.

Also Thank you for sharing your experiences with various antimicrobials. [Smile]

I am curious about Roxy as it the one ABX in that class I havn't tried. I felt pretty good on a half dose of Ketek but my liver functions rose. The doc is pretty convinced that a gallstone got stuck and caused that... but needless to say, no one's gonna let me try it again. [Frown]

Do not for a moment think because I had difficulty with Biaxin that you might. We are all so vastly different. If there's one thing I've learned over time doing this is there are no set rules.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Beverly. [kiss]
I slept a long time with a teddy bear (ok, really a stuff bunny) and a flashlight in case I got lost during the night. [Roll Eyes]
I'm sluggish and achy but this might be the day it clears out. *sighs*

(I do think I have you snowed about the idiot thing, though.) [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
more light, more love

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spinning smile]

how's this one for ya?

does it fit okay?

thinking of you and hoping you can hang in there! You need a good two MORE weeks before you are really out of the woods from surgery recovery. So stop rushing yourself.

you arent an idiot.

just alittle impatient to get well--as can be VERY expected.

BTW--i am sorry you are feeling so awful. It sounds really bad and scary.
[Frown]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

[spinning smile] Yes, I think that one is a pretty good fit. And the yellow might be nice for a change. [Smile]

Trails, thank you my friend, for the words of wisdom.
You know, I did just think I was doing better so "could" start an ABX. I either misjudged which one or the timing. Ok, or maybe both.

I'm thinking of you, as well, and hope things are starting to look up. [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry things are SO awful trueblue.

I decided I'm going to take out my brain and stick my brain in a bucket of abx cuz its not doing much of anything in my head these days anyway...

If you want i could lend you my bucket. [dizzy]

Hope your system clears all this stuff out SOON [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Azure,
Yeah, mine needs a good soaking too. Although the image of 2 brains in a bucket is kind of freaky (as if one wasn't, lol).

I think today is a little better, just so so tired and after that more tired.

I hope your brain clears soon, too. [bonk]

--------------------
more light, more love

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement