LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What to expect at initial LLMD appointment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to expect at initial LLMD appointment?
sickandtiredofbeingsandt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtiredofbeingsandt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I have my first appointment with Dr. M in Colorado Springs, CO on Monday. I'm told it could take up to three hours.

Exactly what do they do at that first exam? Just talk about your history? Give you a full physical? What?

Also, I'm told I will be sent to a nearby hospital for more bloodwork. What other bloodwork do they do?

I've had the IGeneX Lyme panel. Also a Bowen test.

I'm curious about what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Posts: 185 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the particulars of this office and even if I did I wouldn't post it here.

Most LLMD's take a very complete history, and thus the time-frame of 2-3 hrs.

Maybe this will help:

Making the most of your LLMD visit
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/020605.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also look at my newbie links, my 4-20-06 llmd visit to minn. is very detailed of my 3 hr. visit! [Big Grin] [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember to bring copies of your Igenex and Bowen tests!!!

I recommend typing up a detailed medical history as far back as you can. It helps to go farther back then when you first remember being sick, because the doctor might recognize something you weren't aware of.

When I put my history together for my LLMD, it suddenly dawned on me that I had a bronchial infection every winter in college. I also realized a period of low back pain followed a urinary tract infection. To an LLMD, these are all clues.

I brought one medical history that was chronological. I also brought my mom with me, who had a better idea of my childhood health. You may want to ask a parent about all the illnesses you had as a child.

In the medical history, I included the treatments and tests I remembered getting in anything I thought could be related to my current symptoms.

I brought another list which was current symptoms. This was very detailed, explaining where pain was and what different pain felt like. This way I wouldn't forget when I was in there.

Good luck!

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickandtiredofbeingsandt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtiredofbeingsandt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,
Thanks for the link.

Betty,
I will look for the link. Thanks.

Aniek,
I already gave them the detailed history. They asked for it in advance. Also medical records from my current doctor and the lab tests.

Unfortunately, my childhood records are lost/gone. Fifty years is a long time. And my only living parent is in a nursing home. When asked about my childhood diseases etc., all she will say is that I was the healthiest one of them all. She doesn't believe I am sick.

If I got sick that far back, it would somehow reflect on her and she doesn't want that.

Thanks again all!

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Posts: 185 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Travlr1
Member # 9681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sick,

You will love him. Also his PA is fantastic and has the best knowledge level of any mid level provider I have ever known [bow] . She will often times do an exam, summarize the objective findings and subjective complaints for Dr M. and then he will do his own exam.

I firmly beleive you can't be in any better hands than his.By the time you read this you will have already been there(I just realized this), but it doesn't change anything I've said.

Expect an extensive workup as they don't want to miss anything. They are also very good at involving you in the treatment plan. [Smile]

Good luck,

Travlr1

Posts: 66 | From West Coast | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement