LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Don't/Can't sweat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't/Can't sweat?
happygranny
Member # 8779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read at a few different message lines how some people can't sweat.

Is this a recent, Lyme-related occurence, or have you always (like me) not been able to sweat very much if at all?

Jeannie

--------------------
Dxd clinical Nov 05 - March 08 tested low pos. from Igenex Started Bicillin/Flagyl Oct 2008 was on Ketek Tinidazole prior -
PN, concentration low, tinnitus, PVCs, sore lymph nodes, hair loss, joint pain with some swelling, muscle tenderness.

Posts: 56 | From Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LACK OF SWEATING IS USUALLY in concurrance to
lack of tears , dry mouth, and dry nose.

this disorder is called secondary Sjorgren's
and can be caused by medicines, lyme , or primary
sjorgren's.

if only sweat, this may be related to your adrenal gland and your BMR basal metabolic rate.

it can also be cause by a low thyroid output.
you must have more syptoms than just no sweating,
please list all symptoms and will help with
finding the problem.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many years I did not sweat. I sweat now and my dry eyes is worse then ever.

Another reason for dry eyes that I just read is Mitral Valve Prolapse SYNDROME with Dysautonomia.
I'm reading a book on this subject and it has been fascinating. I plan on posting on it either tonight or tomorrow. It has to do with low bodly fluid...like in blood.

I'd say a large portion of us have symptoms of dysautonomia, and it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I found out I have mild MVP. The 2 seem to go hand in hand quite often.

Like I said, I'll post more later.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a heavy sweater until this bought of lyme. I moved into the freezing cold stage. I am out of that now but noticed I could not sweat. I was really sure of it one night when I soaked in a very hot bath of clay water and even had the space heater in the bathroom. No sweat!

The next 3 days I was sick in bed (happens anytime I try a detox bath). I thought this time I had killed myself. Major headache, stomach ache and , of course, increased joint pain (my #1 symptom). However, at the end of 3 days, I broke a sweat and since then I can now sweat mildly.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happygranny
Member # 8779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Docdave and thanks for your post and wanting to help.

My TSH was .81 last test a month ago.
Early morning temp is 95.75 - 96.25
Irregular heart beat
sudden onset fatigue
swollen sore joints
sore jumpy muscles
sore lymph nodes
Peripheral neuropathy
brain fog - low concentration
Loud tinnitus
hair loss
Burning hands and feet then freezing hands and feet
dry eyes, nose and mouth
Post menopausal, yet high estrogen
No Igenex test but ELISA tested negative
low positive for Ehrlichia and RMSF
Epstein Barr IgG REactive IgM non reactive
Babesiosis tested negative
Was on Mepron/Zith for 3 months no improvement in symptoms.

Now am back on Ketek and Tinidazole

From early years I did not sweat, just like my Mom, now I get 'damp' when having hot flashes

Thanks again,

Jeannie

--------------------
Dxd clinical Nov 05 - March 08 tested low pos. from Igenex Started Bicillin/Flagyl Oct 2008 was on Ketek Tinidazole prior -
PN, concentration low, tinnitus, PVCs, sore lymph nodes, hair loss, joint pain with some swelling, muscle tenderness.

Posts: 56 | From Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read that Lyme can cause Anhidrosis or lack of sweating. This is one reason I believe I have had Lyme for many years before dx. When I was younger I would run many miles in Cross-Country in 90 degree heat. Everyone would be sweating buckets I would be as dry as a bone.

Nowadays I am the opposite I will sweat walking to the mailbox in the summer.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is a very heavy sweater. She has been wearing something to cover herself since the sixth grade.

She keeps paper towels under each arm, yet her eyes and mouth and nose are dry. I don't get it.

She uses progesterone cream to make sure her thyroid and adrenals aren't stressed. That helps with a lot of symptoms, but the dry head hasn't gotten better.

Oprah has a doctor on every once in a while. He said that extreme sweating can be caused by hormones out of whack, or bacterial infection.

HMMMMMMMMM.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am cold most of the time and have chills.

Boneset has helped alot with the chills past few days and now I sweating more.

I wear a lot of clothes and keep the room warm, usually around 76F. Normally I don't sweat but the boneset has helped the past few days.

I just started to take it.

If I exercise I will sweat and always have.

Sometimes if I haven't been drinking enough I won't sweat.

Even when I was younger in high school, every one knew I didn't sweat on hot days. My underarms where always dry even in +90F classrooms.

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happygranny
Member # 8779

Hi John292,

please tell me about boneset and how it works to help a person sweat.

Thanks,

Jeannie

--------------------

shepbud
Member # 11036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shepbud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stymielymie:
LACK OF SWEATING IS USUALLY in concurrance to
lack of tears , dry mouth, and dry nose.

this disorder is called secondary Sjorgren's
and can be caused by medicines, lyme , or primary
sjorgren's.

if only sweat, this may be related to your adrenal gland and your BMR basal metabolic rate.

it can also be cause by a low thyroid output.
you must have more syptoms than just no sweating,
please list all symptoms and will help with
finding the problem.

docdave

New to this board....
Trying to figure out how to post!!!!
Had a tick on my sweater that was draped over my shoulder in July 2004 while sitting at my desk at work. A co-worker pulled the sweater off, showed me the tick and shook the sweater. I became seriously ill after a few days and haven't been right since..........Long story.......
Can someone please e-mail me a Lyme doctor in my area?
Thank you....

--------------------
shepbud

Posts: 8 | From trenton nj | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happygranny not so happy:

sound like you have full case of lyme.
the dryness can be secondary sjorgren's from the
lack of immune system.

lack of sweat is a major problem ,because we control our temperature with sweat.
dogs pant, ever try panting!!!!lol

doc should run ana tests and others for any other autoimmune diseases that
may have popped up during lyme. i personally think killing the bb cause the toxins to escalate into a full autoimmune disease.
my oppinion only.

what helps, no no no antipersperants period.
the aluminum alone will kill you/

must not do activities that make you overheat.
stay in a cool room, your body temp although low
is not uncommon for lyme patients.
jump in a cool shower or bath.

if regulation is hot and cold see an
endocrinologist.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Granny [Smile]

I read about this in "Healing Lyme" by Buhner.

He recommends this BONESET for chills. I have chills.

I noticed that I am sweating more since taking it.

Last night I had a night sweat.

Some how it works on the body temperature.

It may not work in your case unless you are cold and have chills but I don't know for sure.

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi happygranny,

I did have an inability to sweat properly. If I got overheated in the heat or from doing something strenuous, my face would turn beet red and I would feel sick. Hot baths would make me sick too, another red face, so I avoided the hot tub.

Babesia treatment did help me.

I think I was tested for *Sjorgren's* ?? eye doc I saw said I probably had it. I have very dry eyes, and I get very thirsty, but I also have thyroid disease, Lyme, Babesia, Mycoplasma and I get chills. I also have cold hands and feet all of the time. I have a hard time sometimes telling which symptoms are from which disease.

Wish I could be more helpful, hope this symptom clears up for you.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont remember ever sweating much to be honest....so its either just me or ive had lyme since childhood.
But now i cant tolerate any warmth at all. Still dont sweat a single drop.....I can get hot in the winter in a tank top doing nothing. And you can tell in my face im overheated.
It makes me antsy, irritable, etc.
Did oral medication for lyme help those of you that eventually were able to sweat again?

Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boneset is a diaphoretic, a class of herbs that help you sweat (I can't remember the others offhand but I think ginger might be one of the others; though I might be confusing it with a related action called 'rubifacient' which is more about the action of bringing blood to the surface of the skin- what cayenne pepper does, for example).

I think diaphoretics work in varied ways, but I'm sorry I don't know the answer to how it is that boneset does it's trick. It's known for this outside of LYme/bartonella treatment though- it's a very established finding in herbalism about this plant.

maria

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and, I definitely have some kind of weirdness going on with Lyme and sweat. I never sweated all that much anyway but lately (after months of antibiotics) I really cant seem to do so very often (I go to the gym and do mild exercise and Im surprised when it doesn't yield much sweat).

After doing boneset for a couple of weeks I've had what I can almost describe as a 'night sweat' - drenching sweat at night a couple of times. But this is HOURS after drinking the tea so it's not an instant experience.

I'm curious what it'll be like when I go to a sauna next time.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a medical mysteries that came out about people who didn't have finger prints.

They don't have them because they don't sweat-

Do you all have finger prints?

Just curious

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicbegone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicbegone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have fingerprints.
Posts: 160 | From california | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

normal fingerprints here. EVen pre-Lyme, I didn't sweat much (I was an athlete so I"ve had plenty of opportunity) and now if feels like that's gotten a bit more extreme.

Maria

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement