LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my skin hurts!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my skin hurts!
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to stop abx for about 9 days due to bad stomach/esophagus burn. All of a sudden my skin hurts everywhere. New to me....

I used a washcloth gently on my face and now my face skin feels raw. My arms and legs don't like the feel of my clothing either. It's like my skin is too dry or something.

Seems like it started up with the cold snap we've had the past 3 days. I'm also having a tough time warming up.

Anyone have experience with this? Sure beats me!

I'm starting up on low doxy; hope it doesn't make it worse.

Ow,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickitout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickitout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello
I can totally understand what you are feeling as I have been dealing with this for many years. Chronic lyme has severely damaged the nerves and my cns and brain interpret everything as pain.

I was told by a few different drs. it is the most severe pain anyone can get. There are days when a hair on my skin or the slightest breeze causes horrific pain.

Clothes forget them...When I am up to getting dressed I stand in front of my closet touching, feeling the material to see what I can tolerate that day. I wear my clothes inside out due to the seams. No one can touch me. Yes, it is terrible and hope you can get it under control.

They gave me lidoderm patches to put on but the edges hurt so I use lidocaine cream on most of my body to dull the pain. Neurontin helps sometimes also valium.

I would ask my dr. to try some of these. I pray yours never reaches the level my has. Other treatments have been offered to me but I am still thinking them over.

I don't mean to get you down just want you to possibly get a hold on it somehow before it is so severe. Perhaps they can do something for you early in the process of damage.

My best to you...

Posts: 139 | From nj | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its Super Important Not to eat Any citrus
or cranberries even Small amounts while
taking Doxi--
makes the Sun Burn 1000X worse-

do a search on me 2 yrs ago--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses Jay and Tickit --

Skin is a little better today, but the cold seems to really bother me. It's almost like my goosebumps get chapped!

I also ate a clementine and think, Jay, that the doxy skin thing intensified. Don't drink OJ, but used to drink a lot of unsweetened cranberry stuff.

If I could trade the neuro-cognitive stuff for the skin stuff, I'd settle... honest.

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stuggle with the same symptom.
What has helped me was tetracykline, some others been helped by bicillin LA or Rocephin.
I myself take at present Nutrasilver and also the improvement is very meaningful.

Doxy didn't help me for this symptom at all.

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, my total body peripheral nerve pain does make my skin feel like it's burning, too, and it's worse when I get warm, in the sun, etc.

So far Lyme treatment has only improved this slightly. Even Bicillin isn't doing much or anything.

I'm trying to acclimate to medication for Bartonella and will see if this is turning out to be more of a coinfection symptom for me.

I couldn't tolerate Neurontin - it made me way too sleepy and I couldn't function. I know Lyrica is supposed to be pretty much the same medication but some people are having good results on it. I may try at some point.

I know it sounds trite, but...I feel your pain!

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a symptom that I dealt with for many years and I didn't have to be herxing to experience it. It hurt to scratch an itch, like I was being pinched. My clothes were irritating just brushing up against me, and worst of all, it hurt to be touched, by my husband or even my kids.

Good news, is, it's all gone....most of the time. If I go into any kind of flair or herx it returns a little bit, but it is a symptom that was really noticed when it was gone. Isn't that odd, to notice more when it isn't there????

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRC
Member # 10452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have trouble also with skin hurting.Even after treatment.
If I get cold or when I'm getting sick I have sore spots that feel like my skin has been scalded.
They can last hours to days.If they are over a joint then that joint also hurts and gets stiff.
Have often wondered if I was the only one who had this weird thing happen.

Posts: 13 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wiser

Yep it only takes a Small amount of citrus--
the bad effect can happen in hours --

Before I figured out what was causing this
I used to wash down doxi with Lemonade-Ouch-

I think the citrus makes the doxi Stronger-
but I can not prove it-

Also drink Lots of water or tea - it helps
wash out the bad stuff from your system --
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like neuropathy. It is common in diabetics. I just found this link. It say's that lyme neuropathy can be caused by inflammation. I'm not a doctor and I don't know what might be causing yours.

http://millercenter.uchicago.edu/learnaboutpn/typesofpn/inflammatory/lymedisease.shtml

You should mention it to your LLMD and if you don't have one, tell your regular doctor.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pa Lymie
Member # 11020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pa Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also can't stand some clothing- tags, seams etc.
love my sweats- I cut all tags out of my work clothes and finally went shopping for comfortable things I can wear. It has improved but still bothersome.

Posts: 7 | From North East Pa | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davidx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davidx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a symptom that I have been dealing with for over a year yet no test (MRI, biopsy, nerve conduction study, etc.) has yet to show any evidence of damage. It's really a frustrating symptom because it is "painful" in a way that the word pain can't even describe.

JellyBelly- How did you get rid of this symptoms after having it for years? What kind of treatments were you on?

-David

--------------------
Same nightmare, different day!

Posts: 401 | From East Coast | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davidx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davidx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up....

--------------------
Same nightmare, different day!

Posts: 401 | From East Coast | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuLuFlorida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuLuFlorida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can totally understasnd where you are coming from. Last winter I thoguht my skin was jsut overly sensitive to the cold. it would feel raw and chapped all over. It has definitly stopped since it has been warmer.

--------------------
"One day at a time"

Current:
-1.2 IM bicillin three times a week
-1.25 IV Vancomycin every day
-IV glutathione and IM B12
-Byron White since Jan. 2011
-ALA, Yasko protocal, Adapten-All, thyrosol, Pekano, phosphalipid exchange, probiotics, oregano...

Posts: 390 | From FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dlp252
Member # 10711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlp252     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am definitely encouraged by those of you who have had this disappear or lessen in severity.

My whole upper body/torso, including arms, feel like I have a bad sunburn. It hurts when clothing touches my skin and one day my hair touching my neck was driving me crazy.

Posts: 83 | From us | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tori/others,

i really feel for you all! i don't like being touched either; all right if i know it is coming, but no surprises.

i don't have the think w/material/clothes; really feel for you all now. best wishes. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement