LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ducks using Aromatherapy oils to kill bacteria!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ducks using Aromatherapy oils to kill bacteria!
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, progress is slow, but even ducks turn to alternatives, when their drugs do not work...

Check this out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4116053.stm

I think I'll search on the essential oils posts we have had on Lymenet. I remember some very good results!!

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great article - but pathetic that they won't reveal which oils were effective.

Gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!! Great news!! I was only sad to see that it wasn't here in the U.S. But still positive nonetheless.

I have found Farah's essential oil to be very helpful for dealing with some of my LD issues.

Claire

[ 31. January 2007, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: clairenotes ]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think the essential oils have helped me, along with massage, and I've had Raindrop Therapy a few times too. To each his own, I say. You've got to find what helps. I'm lucky to have found a very caring intuitive massage therapist who uses these techniques along with energy work.
Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

wow the ducks are going to an alternative school ----

the essential oils have helped me
no abx
- used farahs blend

mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just wondering how the essential oils helped. Did they kill the Borrelia or did they help clean up the toxins?

What is Farah's Blend? Where do you get it?

Thanks,
Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am certainly not proficient in knowledge of essential oils. BTW, I use them topically, internally, as well as via aromatherapy. (And I don't stand to make $$ from talking about it here, either.) They are good for many many things and are antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, and immune stimulating. But the main thing I've heard is that they are good for overall cleansing, detoxing, that they carry O2 to the tissues/cells. I do love the concept that they've been used since ancient times for their healing properties.

I've used Farrah's blends. Do a search for her name on this site. She's very helpful - she's been through this too so she learned from experience.

Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace1
Member # 10347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are these oils only able to be applied externally?

hopefully bacteria won't develop resistance to them too...

Posts: 98 | From San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one of the main oils they use to treat MRSA is myrrh. I also think that they are using basil, from some of the articles I read on the Net.

The blend I used to treat myself includes eucalyptus, frankincense, lemon, thyme, patchouli, lavender, and geranium. I also took bay hydrosol internally for bartonella and cysts.

I used the oils mainly externally at first, and then started taking them internally by the drop. They need to be significantly diluted when used either way.

The Lyme seems to develop a small amount of resistance to the blend of oils I used, but nothing like it does to the antibiotics.

I dare say that if you combine it with digestive enzymes or something that treats the hypercoagulation and scar formation, very little resistance may develop at all.

The oils also cross the blood brain barrier which is very helpful for neuropsychiatric symptoms.

It helps to combine use of the oils with massage, or some form of boddy work. The real deep tissue massage is good, also the barely perceptible cranialsacral massage is also good.

I also took hot baths, used saunas, and did things to overheat myself to spur more die offs. This needs to be done with caution, of course.

But even with just the oils used externally I would say that I improved 75% from my nadir, which was quite bad. They worked better for me than IV antibiotics did.

Farah

Posts: 208 | From New Mexico | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the article, the oils were tested as antiseptics, applied externally, and not antibiotics for internal use. Major difference.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

There she is! Sorry I spelled your name wrong, Farah.

I have a massage therapist who uses essential oils in her sessions, so I reinforce the notion of body work w/ the oils.

farah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The oils are not used commonly in this country for internal use, except for Oil of Oregano. It is important to know a lot about them before doing so, and knowing about purity and toxicity levels and such. I don't make the recommendation to do so for others but only speak for myself and for what worked for me.

I also waited years myself before using the oils internally, because I heeded so many of the many warnings about them. But I use them the way many use Oil of Oregano (which is actually more caustic and irritating than many). They are diluted, and I don't take more that 3-5 diluted (10-15% dilution) drops at a time. Some oils are too strong or caustic for this.

A lot of the flavorings that we taste regularly are from essential oils, like peppermint flavoring in toothpaste, or cinnamon flavoring, or lemon, or orange. So while there are lots of warnings about internal use of essential oils, they are used as ingredients in common foods and things we use orally quite regularly.

Personally, I have found them less difficult to ingest long term than conventional antibiotics. I only mention the internal use because people can research it more for themselves, and the oils are used similarly to conventional antibiotics by many M.D.s in France.

I talk more about the external uses of the oils, because the oils are quite powerful and potent used externally, anyway, and it is easier to target specific problem areas of the body when they are applied externally. The molecules are small enough that they slip straight through the skin into the bloodstream.

I just got tired of either being fragrant all the time, or relying conventional antibiotics that made me feel toxic, and for me, that seemed to freeze the disease in place, but not trigger real progress. That is when I decided to try taking small amounts of the oils internally, and it worked for me quite well. I had food around the time I took them to prevent heartburn, but that was basically it.

At this point I am well enough to not do the essential oils at all any more, and just take four natural supplements/day and exercise and I feel good. But the oils were a godsend for me for a long time.

Farah

Posts: 208 | From New Mexico | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the news...lavender oil in topical shampoos, etc. used by boys prepuberty = breasts enlarge!

Increases estrogen levels.

Rebalanced when topical use halted.

The oils have powerful effects.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the article Marnie is talking about . I believe lavender and tea tree oil disrupted hormone levels in young boys ( through SHAMPOOS) and caused gynomastia ( breasts developing ) .

I wish the docs using these oils in hospitals would be honest about " commercial sensitivities " and specify the names of the oils . I would bet oregano is one .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farah, you're still around! [Smile]

I became a fan of YOUR oils too!!!! I use them everyday for months!

I use less for killing, more for cleansing. My liver loves it, it's my emergency 'kit' when I get problems there! Better and muuuch faster than milk thistle!!

Thank you a lot for having shared your recipy many times here. I would have bought your blend if I were in the US, but I had to buy all of them separately here in Switzerland and mix myself...

It works wonderful for many head symptoms, brain clarity, strange skin sensations, eye fatigue, for lymph nodes on the neck, around the nose, back of the head (upper neck).

It tested wonderful in ART if to be rubbed. It never tested good to ingest though, as the proportion is tooooo strong to be ingested. At least, my blend for my body. I took a drop once, I got so much stomach pain.

I became a total fan of its smell, I added much more on cleansing oils though, I can sniff the thing the whole day! My little one loves the smell too.

The oils reach where no herb reach. Maybe because they're rubbed on skin, while herbs/ meds have to go from inside...

I still use them on my fingers, as I have bartonella rash there.

I would love to know how did you treat your bartonella with oils. What is bay hydrosol???

I'm also on rizols ingested and in the bath. They work well for funghi, but I wonder if they're really making my bart symptoms better....

It makes me smile when I read people discovering the antiseptic functions of the oils NOW as some have been used for so long in the east...

I was a long term user of eucalyptus, peppermint and other Chinese mixes against colds before I started your oils. I'm still recommending them in the other forum, from Buhner, but few people look convinced.

Maybe you could post there a bit??

Could you share that hydrosol stuff and how did it work for bart? What were your bart symptoms?

Thanks again,
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement